RIP Kobe Bryant???

Maverick

I've never trusted helicopters myself. They never looked like a safe and secure piece of machinery to me.

I’ve always wanted to go up in one, as I never trusted hot air balloons.

Too many stories of the balloons crashing. Imagine that.....

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said there were nine people on the aircraft — a pilot and eight passengers.

He would not confirm who had died until all the next-of-kin are notified

Crashed into a hill. From the picture of the crash scene on CNN, it looks foggy. Or that could just be smoke billowing. Hope that's not the same way SRV went.

That is exactly the same way that Stevie Ray died, yeah...except it was a small plane, and not a helicopter.

8-26-1990: Stevie Ray Vaughan and four others died in a helicopter crash. Vaughan, pilot Jeff Brown, agent Bobby Brooks, bodyguard Nigel Browne, and tour manager Colin Smythe.

The helicopter crashed into a fog-covered ski hill near Alpine Valley Resort, in East Troy, WI.

Thank you for correcting me...seriously. I thought for sure it was a small twin-engine plane.

I did know it was at Alpine Valley (I have a recording of his final show, something like two hours before he died)...and I remember when I heard the news.

I saw him play on the tour he did with Jet Beck, the autumn before that. I am so glad that I got to see him live!

Crashed into a hill. From the picture of the crash scene on CNN, it looks foggy. Or that could just be smoke billowing. Hope that's not the same way SRV went.

That is exactly the same way that Stevie Ray died, yeah...except it was a small plane, and not a helicopter.

8-26-1990: Stevie Ray Vaughan and four others died in a helicopter crash. Vaughan, pilot Jeff Brown, agent Bobby Brooks, bodyguard Nigel Browne, and tour manager Colin Smythe.

The helicopter crashed into a fog-covered ski hill near Alpine Valley Resort, in East Troy, WI.

Thank you for correcting me...seriously. I thought for sure it was a small twin-engine plane.

I did know it was at Alpine Valley (I have a recording of his final show, something like two hours before he died)...and I remember when I heard the news.

I saw him play on the tour he did with Jet Beck, the autumn before that. I am so glad that I got to see him live!

Ritchie Valens died in a plane crash. Maybe that's what you were thinking about?

I've been sorry, to see, hear, and read of this. He was a really good basketball player. He, and his daughter "Gigi" will be missed. My condolences, to their family, and friends. R.I.P., Kobe. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 4

Ritchie Valens died in a plane crash. Maybe that's what you were thinking about?

Might have been, because of the comparisons between SRV and Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly, at the time.

• Like 1

I did not realize that Kobe was as active as he was as a mentor, active in communities with youth in Los Angeles and that he really wanted to take that work beyond LA, to all over the country. It really is a huge loss, for a lot of people- but most of all his wife, and his three surviving children.
  • Like 1

I saw Clapton, Vaughan and Robert Cray that Saturday night at Alpine Valley. They played Saturday and Sunday. I went to KY on vacation on Monday. Upon my arrival, my buddy in KY told me about Stevie, and I about crapped my pants. It was a horrible feeling.

• Like 2

So in 2020 so far we've had Neil, Terry Jones and now Kobe Bryant.

Well my friend if things really do happen in threes then no more death please. It's only January.........

Who do you think I am Earl THE REAPER??

P5wAqge.jpg

"Don't Fear The Reaper!"

• Like 3

I saw Clapton, Vaughan and Robert Cray that Saturday night at Alpine Valley. They played Saturday and Sunday. I went to KY on vacation on Monday. Upon my arrival, my buddy in KY told me about Stevie, and I about crapped my pants. It was a horrible feeling.

Incredible. You are lucky.

I had a ticket to see SRV with Jeff Beck in Oakland. I had to work and didn't call in sick. My only chance.

• Like 2

I did not realize that Kobe was as active as he was as a mentor, active in communities with youth in Los Angeles and that he really wanted to take that work beyond LA, to all over the country. It really is a huge loss, for a lot of people- but most of all his wife, and his three surviving children.

It's horrible. TMZ leaked the news before the families even found out.

Kobe's oldest daughter was rushed to the hospital with a horrible asthma attack.

I hope things get better in February. This month sucks.

• Like 2

I had a ticket to see SRV with Jeff Beck in Oakland. I had to work and didn't call in sick. My only chance.

I’m so sorry you missed that, Earl. It was such a tremendous show! SRV was the main attraction for me, but also Jeff Beck with his Guitar Shop band, with Terry Bozzio on drums...just unreal!

Sorry, folks, I don’t mean to derail the thread.

Apparently some of you (really, one of you) didn't see that certain political and other posts that were inappropriate for an RIP thread were split off into another thread and closed, with a request to not continue it in this thread?

No need to quote or acknowledge this post, just show a little respect.

http://www.therushfo...ip-kobe-bryant/

• Like 2

I’m so sorry you missed that, Earl. It was such a tremendous show! SRV was the main attraction for me, but also Jeff Beck with his Guitar Shop band, with Terry Bozzio on drums...just unreal!

Sorry, folks, I don’t mean to derail the thread.

It's ok the thread is still on "track." This tragedy just brings back so many memories of other tragedies in dealing with helicopter crashes. You won't get me in a helicopter. Or on a motorcycle for that matter.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Apparently some of you (really, one of you) didn't see that certain political and other posts that were inappropriate for an RIP thread were split off into another thread and closed, with a request to not continue it in this thread?

It seems that several posts have registered in the closed thread after closing.

The post with the Jeselnik video and its replies were started in here, then moved into the closed thread.

The post with the Jeselnik video and its replies were started in here, then moved into the closed thread.

Ok, that makes sense.

I just saw that. He was only 41.

Nine dead. No survivors, Daughter on board.

Very sad.

Kobe is eligible this year for the hall of Fame. It'll be a very somber affair, now.

Very sad.

Kobe is eligible this year for the hall of Fame. It'll be a very somber affair, now.

When Roberto Clemente died in a plane crash (1972), the Hall of Fame voted him in immediately. No waiting period.

One of the best players of all time, he still didn’t get a unanimous vote. No surprise there.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Very sad.

When Roberto Clemente died in a plane crash (1972?), the Hall of Fame voted him in immediately. No waiting period.

One of the best players of all time, he still didn’t get a unanimous vote. No surprise there.

You made me think of Thurman Munson. So sad.

John Denver.

JFK Jr.

Randy Rhoads

Payne Stewart

I can't believe Derek Jeter didn't get an unanimous vote. Ridiculous.

Everyday we take risks. All of us! Be safe out there.

Take nothing for granted..................................

• Like 1

So Zoe my 22 year old daughter is showing me all kinds of stuff on social media. I am not on any of it except here.

She just showed me a video of Kobe pulling over to the side of the road in a rain storm to help out people in a car accident.

I haven't teared up over Kobe yet until now.

He is a great man, despite any stupid scandals we read about in the tabloids.

At the end of the day it's another world tragedy.

I was hoping for 2020 to be like clear human vision, but so far all is see is tragedy.

Things have to get better.

• Like 2