RIP Kobe Bryant???

Maverick

What is it about January?

Nothing.

What is it about Life? The meaning of Life is to LIVE......because you never know when it will end.

• Like 4

Crashed into a hill. From the picture of the crash scene on CNN, it looks foggy. Or that could just be smoke billowing. Hope that's not the same way SRV went.

I'm no helicopter genius, but I would think they'd add another 1000 feet of altitude to any solid landmark in the area.

Or could just be mechanical...when helicopters go south, they go in a hurry.

He had four daughters, one just born in July. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

Crashed into a hill. From the picture of the crash scene on CNN, it looks foggy. Or that could just be smoke billowing. Hope that's not the same way SRV went.

That is exactly the same way that Stevie Ray died, yeah...except it was a small plane, and not a helicopter.

Further reports that it may have been mechanical.

And his 13 year old daughter was killed as well. They and another parent and daughter were traveling to their basketball game.

f**k.

• Like 3

Excuse me for not feeling completely sad because he’s a rapist. I don’t care if you’re him and Cosby or Trump, Kavanaugh or Weinstein. Skin color and party does not make you magically innocent or above the law. A punk is a punk no matter who they look like or whatever talent they have. Shame on those on social media who criticize Trump (can’t believe I’m typing those words) who are mourning Kobe. You’re no different from his supporters. I wish his family well, though.

And you wonder why I’m indie.

stay classy.

There's always one...

If only...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/108998-rip-kobe-bryant/#entry4722827

• Like 1

That is exactly the same way that Stevie Ray died, yeah...except it was a small plane, and not a helicopter.

8-26-1990: Stevie Ray Vaughan and four others died in a helicopter crash. Vaughan, pilot Jeff Brown, agent Bobby Brooks, bodyguard Nigel Browne, and tour manager Colin Smythe.

The helicopter crashed into a fog-covered ski hill near Alpine Valley Resort, in East Troy, WI.

• Like 1

Further reports that it may have been mechanical.

And his 13 year old daughter was killed as well. They and another parent and daughter were traveling to their basketball game.

f**k.

Fog as well. One pilot told the news that he decided not to fly today.

I am just so shocked by this, and I could care less about basketball. The tragedy of his daughter and fellow team mate plus her parents too? It just is terrible.

I didn't like him but today is not the day to pile on, WTH? :smash:

• Like 3

Bill Graham as well. Helicopter. Fog.

SRV Helicopter.

I will never understand this.

I was in a helicopter with my little brother, my mom and dad in 1979 in Long Beach Ca. We did a helicopter ride around the Queen Mary.

A week later that same helicopter crashed in the cove. All were lost.

I know Kobe's helicopter was state of the art with two turbine engines. But damn.

A very sad day.

• Like 4

So in 2020 so far we've had Neil, Terry Jones and now Kobe Bryant.

Well my friend if things really do happen in threes then no more death please. It's only January.........

Who do you think I am Earl THE REAPER??

P5wAqge.jpg

• Like 1

So in 2020 so far we've had Neil, Terry Jones and now Kobe Bryant.

If history holds, that's the trifecta.

Comes in threes is a total myth.

These are just the people I know:

January 1

Don Larsen, American baseball player (b. 1929)

David Stern, American businessman and NBA commissioner (b. 1942)

January 7

Neil Peart, Canadian drummer and lyricist (b. 1952)

Elizabeth Wurtzel, American writer and journalist (b. 1967)

January 8

Buck Henry, American actor, screenwriter and television producer (b. 1930)

January 21

Terry Jones, Welsh actor and comedian (b. 1942)

January 23

Jim Lehrer, American journalist and novelist (b. 1934)

January 26

Kobe Bryant, American professional basketball player (b. 1978)

RIP

So sad. He was the same age as me. Our birthdays are only a week apart. He still had a lot of life ahead of him.

I've never trusted helicopters myself. They never looked like a safe and secure piece of machinery to me.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4