Aerosmith makes Joey Kramer audition

blueschica

. . . And then vote that he's not playing well enough! :o Apparently Joey Kramer and Aerosmith are on the outs with each other right now. I had heard he had some kind of injury last spring but I didn't realize it had gotten to this level. I hope they can work it out.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-joey-kramer-lawsuit-response/

• Like 2

That`s when a band has become just a hard-nosed business... seems wrong. I get it when band members fall out but if Def Leppard could carry on, surely there`s a way? Hell, Fleetwood Mac have a second drummer with full kit next to Mick!
  • Like 1

Same thing happened to Bill Ward when Sabbath "reunited" for 13.

I don't like this, to be honest. No one is going to see Aerosmith to watch virtuoso performances. Unless there's something else going on, Kramer should be their drummer.

I've always wanted to see Aerosmith. That said, I would be kinda disappointed if it was without Joey Kramer, one of my favorite "in-the-pocket" players.

Honestly it seems like everyone has to take a turn being out the the band with them, for now that's Joey. :(

• Like 2

. . . And then vote that he's not playing well enough! :o Apparently Joey Kramer and Aerosmith are on the outs with each other right now. I had heard he had some kind of injury last spring but I didn't realize it had gotten to this level. I hope they can work it out.

https://ultimateclas...wsuit-response/

I hope this band retires.

• Like 1

After I see them someday!

• Like 2

Hahahaha! Ok "Analog Kid!" See them while you can. I'm done.

I saw Guns And Roses open for them in 1987. GNR blew them off the stage. Even Axl's mic went out. Axl had a temper tantrum and put his mic stand through the amp and walked off stage.

I heard two GNR songs as instrumentals that night. EPIC!

Signed,

MAMA KIN

• Like 2

Same thing happened to Bill Ward when Sabbath "reunited" for 13.

I don't like this, to be honest. No one is going to see Aerosmith to watch virtuoso performances. Unless there's something else going on, Kramer should be their drummer.

I've always wanted to see Aerosmith. That said, I would be kinda disappointed if it was without Joey Kramer, one of my favorite "in-the-pocket" players.

Honestly it seems like everyone has to take a turn being out the the band with them, for now that's Joey. :(

If you get a chance, you should. I've seen them about 4 or 5 times between 1985 and 1994. Great live show.

• Like 2

Yeah, you don't want to miss it if Tyler falls off stage again or Joe Perry collapses due to dehydration one more time.

I was lucky enough to see them in the 70's - one of the best rock bands of all time in their hey day. They are a caricature of themselves now. They always treated Joey like crap, especially Steven.

yep a judge ruled he cannot even audition for the band he was with for 50 years. BS to treaty him like that. I am a huge fan and consider some of their early lps some of the best of all time. I am done with Aerosmith
  • Like 1

yep a judge ruled he cannot even audition for the band he was with for 50 years. BS to treaty him like that. I am a huge fan and consider some of their early lps some of the best of all time. I am done with Aerosmith

I'm not done with them, but this is really nasty of the other 4 guys.

I know there are a couple records from the 70/80 crossover period without all five of them, but to me Aerosmith is really those five guys and no one else. They're one of the few bands that up until now managed to keep that classic lineup for most of their career, and that classic lineup was also the one they recorded their debut under so it's very long standing. It's just sad to me.

• Like 2

Not exactly. Kramer filed a suit to "enjoin" Aerosmith from performing at the Grammys without him. To have a judge do that, he'd have to prove he would likely win on his claim the band violated their agreement, and he would be irreparably harmed by not performing at the Grammys. The band claimed he wouldn't be ready to perform adequately by then, that he hasn't played with them on a number of occasions recently, and that his playing has dropped off recently. The judge ruled that because it wasn't obvious right now that Kramer would win, he wouldn't enjoin Aerosmith from performing without him.

That said, what they're doing to him stinks.

• Like 3

The judge was paid off.

As if we need any further evidence that the guys in Aerosmith are dooshbags.

Let us not forget how badly they treated Rush in the 70's.

• Like 4

Thanks for the clarification Rick. Either way it sucks. As previously posted the strength of this band was staying together for their whole career. There were always better drummers than Joey out there, but successful bands are a sum of their parts and he was a key part of their collective career. If you read Steven's biography, it is clear he always looked at Kramer as a lesser member. But at least he didn't give him the boot....until now.
  • Like 3

I was lucky enough to see them in the 70's - one of the best rock bands of all time in their hey day. They are a caricature of themselves now. They always treated Joey like crap, especially Steven.

He treats everyone like crap in that band. He thinks he’s Gene Simmons with his holier than thou attitude.

• Like 2