Jump to content


The Call of the Wild


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:11 AM



Sponsored Post

#2 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

"No animals were filmed in the making of this movie."

#3 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

"No animals were filmed in the making of this movie."

Posted Image

#4 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

HAHA - to be honest, that was a quote from the youtube comments! I wish I came up with it myself!

#5 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

HAHA - to be honest, that was a quote from the youtube comments! I wish I came up with it myself!


“The Call of the Wild” opted for CGI, photo-realistic animal characters in order to provide them with the full range of emotion that London characterizes in his novel. But the film is a live-action and animation hybrid with impressive vistas and visual effects all the same.

The film will also be the first film released by the studio under the 20th Century Studios name, being rebranded from 20th Century Fox to reflect the acquisition. Coincidentally, the 1935 version of the film was the last film released under the Twentieth Century Pictures name before the merger and formation of 20th Century Fox.


Looks like harrison is expanding his canine career.

Posted Image

#6 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 74378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:03 PM

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

"No animals were filmed in the making of this movie."
The trailer looked a bit silly, imo.

#7 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 13274 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

 goose, on 21 January 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

"No animals were filmed in the making of this movie."
The trailer looked a bit silly, imo.

An old rule among actors:  “Never work with kids or animals.”  

It’s been updated to “Never work with kids or CGI animals.”

#8 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 23944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

 Tom Sawyer, on 21 January 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

HAHA - to be honest, that was a quote from the youtube comments! I wish I came up with it myself!


“The Call of the Wild” opted for CGI, photo-realistic animal characters in order to provide them with the full range of emotion that London characterizes in his novel. But the film is a live-action and animation hybrid with impressive vistas and visual effects all the same.

The film will also be the first film released by the studio under the 20th Century Studios name, being rebranded from 20th Century Fox to reflect the acquisition. Coincidentally, the 1935 version of the film was the last film released under the Twentieth Century Pictures name before the merger and formation of 20th Century Fox.


Looks like harrison is expanding his canine career.

Posted Image

I read somewhere that Disney changed it to Studios.  They’re doing the same for Searchlight as well.

Oddly enough, Disney did White Fang.  Saw it in theaters and read that book as a kid.

#9 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

 invisible airwave, on 25 January 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

 Tom Sawyer, on 21 January 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

 chemistry1973, on 21 January 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

HAHA - to be honest, that was a quote from the youtube comments! I wish I came up with it myself!


“The Call of the Wild” opted for CGI, photo-realistic animal characters in order to provide them with the full range of emotion that London characterizes in his novel. But the film is a live-action and animation hybrid with impressive vistas and visual effects all the same.

The film will also be the first film released by the studio under the 20th Century Studios name, being rebranded from 20th Century Fox to reflect the acquisition. Coincidentally, the 1935 version of the film was the last film released under the Twentieth Century Pictures name before the merger and formation of 20th Century Fox.


Looks like harrison is expanding his canine career.

Posted Image

I read somewhere that Disney changed it to Studios.  They’re doing the same for Searchlight as well.

Oddly enough, Disney did White Fang.  Saw it in theaters and read that book as a kid.

White Fang was good.

I just watched “Togo” today with my kids. It was excellent, and while they used some CGI the animals were practical. Willem Dafoe is just awesome too.

Disney’s got a lock on dog movies.


#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 34135 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:45 PM

I’d watch it on a long haul flight but that’s about it. Still, it’s got two good things going for it: originating from a good book and Harrison Ford

#11 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

#12 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:46 AM

]

Edited by Tom Sawyer, 28 January 2020 - 11:47 AM.


#13 Snow Dog

Snow Dog

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Interests:Rush, Movies, Bass, Music in general.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:46 AM

Movie wasn't too bad except for the changes from the book




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users