Political Beats Podcast

Rick N. Backer

I'm a huge fan of podcasts. I subscribe to about 10 or 15 of them, mostly political, a few sports, and a few music-themed. One that crosses over that I enjoy is called Political Beats. The two hosts invite a person who works in or around politics to come in and talk about a favorite band of theirs, and they go through the complete discography in chronological order. This week they covered Rush. I thought I would share it with you folks.

Spoiler alert: The "real fans" probably won't like their assessment of the discography up to PeW.

https://www.national...ad-birzer-rush/

• Like 1

At first I thought it was gonna be all Rich Lowry lol. Makes sense the guy is from Hillsdale College though if you think about it. It appears to be a long listen. I'll have to listen to it all over time. Nice to hear the debut get some love...

At first I thought it was gonna be all Rich Lowry lol. Makes sense the guy is from Hillsdale College though if you think about it. It appears to be a long listen. I'll have to listen to it all over time. Nice to hear the debut get some love...

Lowry hasn't ever been a guest, as far as I recall. Other editors, Michael Brendan Doughtery (Ben Folds Five) and Charlie Cooke (The Beatles) have though. I'm not a fan of the former's band, but both were interesting takes. There's been a few guests who have gotten me to check out a band I hadn't listened to before.

• Like 2

I'm up to the evaluation of Moving Pictures, and it's amazing that the host had never heard anything from Moving Pictures up until recently. No Tom Sawyer. No Limelight. Nothing. As hard as that is to believe, I'm almost a little envious that he was able to discover this album fresh in 2020 and get absolutely blown away like many of us were so long ago.