Ozzy's health

Laurabw

I wonder if he will still do his tour this year that he put off from last year when he fell. My son wants to go with me here in Cincinnati. I expected the article I read about this today stating that the tour was cancelled or postponed again indefinitely, but it didn't say anything to that effect...

I still have my ticket from last year... I don't know. I hope so. Wouldn't be surprised if he is done.

It's amazing he's still alive though. Doctors should see him as a medical anomaly and want to do studies on him lol.

I thought they did! I could've sworn I read somewhere that a doctor found Ozzy's DNA isn't 100% human, and that's why the drugs and booze haven't quite killed him yet.

Wow, that sounds like such a joke. I think I actually did read an article that said that, I don't think I really believe it :LOL:

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

I wonder if he will still do his tour this year that he put off from last year when he fell. My son wants to go with me here in Cincinnati. I expected the article I read about this today stating that the tour was cancelled or postponed again indefinitely, but it didn't say anything to that effect...

I still have my ticket from last year... I don't know. I hope so. Wouldn't be surprised if he is done.

Me too. Shoreline. Third Row. UGH!

It's amazing he's still alive though. Doctors should see him as a medical anomaly and want to do studies on him lol.

I thought they did! I could've sworn I read somewhere that a doctor found Ozzy's DNA isn't 100% human, and that's why the drugs and booze haven't quite killed him yet.

Correct.

• Like 1

Wow, that sounds like such a joke. I think I actually did read an article that said that, I don't think I really believe it :LOL:

I wonder if Ozzy doing all the drugs and alcohol he's done during his life that it somehow altered his DNA.

Either way it doesn't look like he's in good shape. He and Sharon need to accept that his touring days are over. One bad day with Parkinson's will just lead to him cancelling shows again.

I wonder if Ozzy doing all the drugs and alcohol he's done during his life that it somehow altered his DNA.

Either way it doesn't look like he's in good shape. He and Sharon need to accept that his touring days are over. One bad day with Parkinson's will just lead to him cancelling shows again.

The way I read it, it was some genetic predisposition he was born with which made him more resistant to the more life-threatening effects of drugs and alcohol. Makes you wonder if the same might go for guys like Steven Tyler, Keith Richards, or any number of other rockers who lived the life and made it out in decent shape. Would also explain why some quickly went to far (looking at the grunge movement for example), they simply weren't made of the same stuff and their bodies couldn't take it.

This is all rather morbid. Ozzy's given us years and years of great music and hard touring. If he wants to keep going that's on him, but after what happened to Tom Petty I hate to see an artist make their situation worse for the sake of the fans.

• Like 5

The way I read it, it was some genetic predisposition he was born with which made him more resistant to the more life-threatening effects of drugs and alcohol. Makes you wonder if the same might go for guys like Steven Tyler, Keith Richards, or any number of other rockers who lived the life and made it out in decent shape. Would also explain why some quickly went to far (looking at the grunge movement for example), they simply weren't made of the same stuff and their bodies couldn't take it.

This is all rather morbid. Ozzy's given us years and years of great music and hard touring. If he wants to keep going that's on him, but after what happened to Tom Petty I hate to see an artist make their situation worse for the sake of the fans.

Your intellect and prose always impress me.

You are my long lost son. :)

I love you dude.

Never change.

• Like 3

I love you dude.

Never change.

I never do, thank you! :)

• Like 1

Poor Tom. :( He didn't want to disappoint the fans, so he made his hip worse.

• Like 1

I love you dude.

Never change.

I never do, thank you! :)

so true haha

• Like 1

Tom Petty dying definitely did a lot to expose the opiod crisis in the US. Fentanyl is a horrible drug that can kill without warning.

Tom Petty dying definitely did a lot to expose the opiod crisis in the US. Fentanyl is a horrible drug that can kill without warning.

He was a former heroin addict.

His fractured hip was causing him a lot of pain. He tried to cope with it and get through the tour. That's why he was taking the drugs.

Hate to say this, but he reminds me of Lemmy in his last interviews. :(

If Sharon hadn't been there, he'd have been completely lost.

Has he always been like that? Did he ever have a stroke? He sounds as if he is having trouble speaking. His throat sounds really constricted. He can't sit still. His hands are forever moving. But for a man his age, his hair looks good. The British men hold onto their hair well. Except for Tony. Right Tony? ;) :LOL: :cool:

Edited by Lorraine

Has he always been like that? Did he ever have a stroke? He sounds as if he is having trouble speaking. His throat sounds really constricted. He can't sit still. His hands are forever moving. But for a man his age, his hair looks good. The British men hold onto their hair well. Except for Tony. Right Tony? ;) :LOL: :cool:

His speaking was a lot worse back in the early 2000s. Here, you can at least understand what he says. Back circa the Osbornes he would stutter so much and would struggle to get even a word out, which is one of the things that makes me think Ozzy has had this disease for WAY longer than last year. He does sound like he has laryngitis here, though.

With Lemmy it was a bit different because he had very highly metastasized cancer that was going to kill him no matter what. Parkin 2 isn't curable, but it is managable and I think Ozzy and Sharon have done a great job managing it.

• Like 2

Ozzy has always been a bit of a mumble mouth when speaking normally. Combine that with his age and current health issues, his voice sounds a lot more tired. I was able to understand everything he was saying here. There's interviews I've heard with him where subtitles were required because he was rambling incoherently.

I'm surprised he didn't say the word "f**k" at all. He usually throws that in every other word lol.

• Like 1

I prefer to think of Ozzy in the 70's and 80's, this was when he produced his best work. This new Ozzy is robot that can't function correctly.

True.

But who does his hair? That person deserves a raise. That is not what his dome should be looking like now given the life he's had lol.

Doesn't Ozzy have some spinal issue like scoliosis? I know there's something wrong because he always walks a little hunched over and takes small steps.

• Like 1

I prefer to think of Ozzy in the 70's and 80's, this was when he produced his best work. This new Ozzy is robot that can't function correctly.

True.

But who does his hair? That person deserves a raise. That is not what his dome should be looking like now given the life he's had lol.

Doesn't Ozzy have some spinal issue like scoliosis? I know there's something wrong because he always walks a little hunched over and takes small steps.

All the shit he did before that he got away with, drinking, drugs, eating too much, and other silly shit, is finally catching up with him it looks like.

Poor Ozzy :( He was on the Grammy's last night and he and Sharon presented an award and he had his cane and had to depend on Sharon. This makes me sad.
  • Like 2

Me too. I can still remember hearing The Wizard for the first time on the radio. I think I was a sophomore in high school.

In fact, I prefer to remember all of them from back in their hay-day

In a way Ozzy has become an old wizard but has he got the magic anymore? Where's his crystal ball??