Laser Rush at the McLaughlin Planetarium

Bahamas

Hello, new member here. Not sure where to post this...but who remembers or attended Laser Rush? Back in the 1980s, the planetarium beside the ROM in Toronto played laser shows: Laser Rock, Laser Rush. Anybody here attend those shows? The facility was very cool, sound proof, reclining seats, an entire dark galaxy overhead to paint the most amazing art shows...using lasers! I think it was my 16th birthday and for my present, my dad offered to take me and a few friends (my Signals Froinds) down town for the show. From Willowdale, Sheppard Station, down to the Bloor area beside the ROM. It was sooooo amazing! The Starman was just a speck, it swirled and twisted slowly closer in crescendos and landed on your head with the first beats of music. Epic. Anybody go to those shows?
  • Like 1

I've been to a bunch of laser concerts at an area planetarium before. They are quite cool. Saw Pink Floyd's The Wall to laser and my personal favorite was the entire Sgt Pepper album start to finish they used to do in the early to mid '00s. Never saw a laser Rush yet though.

Never saw Rush, but I just checked the local planetarium website and they have some interesting shows to offer.

Dark Side, WYWH, The Wall and Queen Heaven.