Jump to content


Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

memorial Neil

  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 11112 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:19 AM

The group Overtime Angels has posted that they are planning a memorial event for Neil, in Toronto, to be held in May, 2020.  Exact date has not been posted yet. Here is the information and link if anyone wants to sign up for information, and the link below that is a link to their general website.  They are the folks that hold the Rush Camp at the end of August each year and use the proceeds for charity.

Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event


Posted Image

"With the support and blessing of the Peart Family, in this time of mourning, we invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of “The Professor” and participate in The Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event and Benefit Concert to be held in Ontario, Canada, on a weekend in May 2020 (exact date and location TBD very soon).

This fan celebration will be held to create a moment in time and space for anyone within the Rush family to pay their respects, express their gratitude, grief, love, praise, prayers, sorrow, and honor the life of our beloved musical hero, in a place of commonality and community.

As we are expecting an EXTREMELY high turn-out (1,000+) please register below so we can let you know further details as soon as they are finalized…"


https://ae1f1531.sib...k2ByHICmTlrESWl


https://overtimeangels.org

Edited by blueschica, 19 January 2020 - 12:22 AM.


Sponsored Post

#2 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Adult School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

I'm guessing they'll have Jacob Moon, David Barrett, Brandon Dyke, the usuals who do the Rush camp every year.

#3 Mara

Mara

    Hindu Goddess of Death

  • Members *
  • 25822 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Marietta, Georgia, USA
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.

#4 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 11112 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

View PostMara, on 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.
I think Rush Camp has just been around for the last 3 years or so. It's held at some place in the Pennsylvania Poconos where they have cabins, etc.

A Neil stamp would be awesome!

#5 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2234 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Retired

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

View Postblueschica, on 19 January 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.
I think Rush Camp has just been around for the last 3 years or so. It's held at some place in the Pennsylvania Poconos where they have cabins, etc.

A Neil stamp would be awesome!

Brandon Dyke is involved with Rush camp. I would have gone if I could walk. If nothing else just to see Brandon. He’s a very nice guy.

A stamp would be cool. I wonder if being from Canada would influence a decision to do something like that.

#6 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 35677 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

More motivation to get that passport.

#7 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6846 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

View PostMara, on 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.

There is a Canadian Rush stamp, at least.

https://postagestamp...cording-artists

Edited by toymaker, 19 January 2020 - 06:06 PM.


#8 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:35 PM

View Postblueschica, on 19 January 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.
I think Rush Camp has just been around for the last 3 years or so. It's held at some place in the Pennsylvania Poconos where they have cabins, etc.

A Neil stamp would be awesome!

I agree ladies.

#9 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

View Postblueschica, on 19 January 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

The group Overtime Angels has posted that they are planning a memorial event for Neil, in Toronto, to be held in May, 2020.  Exact date has not been posted yet. Here is the information and link if anyone wants to sign up for information, and the link below that is a link to their general website.  They are the folks that hold the Rush Camp at the end of August each year and use the proceeds for charity.

Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event


Posted Image

"With the support and blessing of the Peart Family, in this time of mourning, we invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of “The Professor” and participate in The Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event and Benefit Concert to be held in Ontario, Canada, on a weekend in May 2020 (exact date and location TBD very soon).
This fan celebration will be held to create a moment in time and space for anyone within the Rush family to pay their respects, express their gratitude, grief, love, praise, prayers, sorrow, and honor the life of our beloved musical hero, in a place of commonality and community.
As we are expecting an EXTREMELY high turn-out (1,000+) please register below so we can let you know further details as soon as they are finalized…"

https://ae1f1531.sib...k2ByHICmTlrESWl


https://overtimeangels.org


They should have it on the weekend of May 23 and MAY 24 2020!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there!!!

#10 jc4gd

jc4gd

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, California

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

View PostMara, on 19 January 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.

   Me too, for sure. Heck we Rush fans would want him on a new monetary too!  

#11 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 11112 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:54 PM

OK, a date has been set for the Celebration of Neil's Life in St. Catherine's. Information is below- no details on who is appearing as of yet, or ticket price.  It's a three day weekend for Canadians, (Victoria Day) Lucky them!


"Since the passing of Rush drummer Neil Peart, fans all over the world have been asking for a way to honour him. Overtime Angels, in cooperation with the Peart family, invite you to join us at “A Night for Neil – The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration”, to be held on Saturday, May 16th at the Meridian Centre, St. Catharines, Ontario Canada. Several charities will benefit from the proceeds. Tickets will go on sale soon, and more details will follow. Please visit an4n.org for more information. #an4n#anightforneil #neilpeart #rushband #rushfans"

Edited by blueschica, 17 February 2020 - 11:56 PM.


#12 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    I've got a link for that!

  • Members
  • 3385 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

As much as I'd like to attend one of these events, it's not my bag per se.

I've been at events, where it feels like there's a 'one-upmanship' mentality and being sized up.

It reminds me of being in high-school in a way and avoiding reunions.

#13 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

View PostRushFanForever, on 18 February 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

As much as I'd like to attend one of these events, it's not my bag per se.

I've been at events, where it feels like there's a 'one-upmanship' mentality and being sized up.

It reminds me of being in high-school in a way and avoiding reunions.

I would like to go. However, I see what you mean.

My fear is being subjected to Rush covers delivered by old dudes with spectacles and ponytails.

YYNot - make it happen please.

#14 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Adult School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

Yeah. I need to see which doing this.

#15 Syrinx

Syrinx

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3047 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

Did everyone get this email.  I have tickets - day before my birthday!

Overtime Angels presents ‘A Night For Neil’ - The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration

A night of internationally-known music all-stars paying tribute to the legendary drummer and lyricist, Neil Peart of Rush, debuts at the Meridian Centre on Saturday, May 16th!

N4NA is presale code for Overtime Angels Regualr Presale. This presale starts Wednesday, February 26th at 10am ET and ends Thursday, February 27th at 10pm. Public onsale Friday, February 27th at 10am.

https://www1.ticketm...000584EFF70B083

We hope to see all of you in St. Catharines!

Overtime Angels, Inc

#16 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

View PostSyrinx, on 26 February 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

Did everyone get this email.  I have tickets - day before my birthday!

Overtime Angels presents ‘A Night For Neil’ - The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration

A night of internationally-known music all-stars paying tribute to the legendary drummer and lyricist, Neil Peart of Rush, debuts at the Meridian Centre on Saturday, May 16th!

N4NA is presale code for Overtime Angels Regualr Presale. This presale starts Wednesday, February 26th at 10am ET and ends Thursday, February 27th at 10pm. Public onsale Friday, February 27th at 10am.

https://www1.ticketm...000584EFF70B083

We hope to see all of you in St. Catharines!

Overtime Angels, Inc

I'm in.

#17 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Adult School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:20 PM

Glad for you guys, but I still want to know who's performing!!

#18 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 20821 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, music, music, politics, literature

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 26 February 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Glad for you guys, but I still want to know who's performing!!

You would think it wouldn’t be difficult to find that out, right?

#19 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Adult School of Rock, Pilates, indoor climbing, community theater

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:25 PM

View PostBlue J, on 26 February 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 26 February 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Glad for you guys, but I still want to know who's performing!!

You would think it wouldn’t be difficult to find that out, right?
Yes Josh, exactly!

#20 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:13 AM

Damn it.  I really want to attend and I have some great friends to see in Toronto too.  UGH!!

My oldest daughter is graduating with honors that weekend.

I've probably been redundant but I have to be a dad first.

Duh

Unless I can get a red eye out of California I am out.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memorial, Neil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users