Europe Is Back In The USA! Opening Up For Kansas And Foreigner! Who's Going?

RUSHHEAD666

Hair Metal Earl is back! I know Europe is much more mature these days and I love all of their current albums. I am glad that John Norum is back in the band too. Heck I think it's the original five who recorded the "EPIC" "The Final Countdown" record. Get it? Epic? CBS Sony label. Lol

I was lucky enough to see "The Final Countdown" Tour at The Warfield back in like 1985? 1986? Yep, a diehard RUSH Freak seeing cheesy pop metal! I love the first three Europe records!

I also went to a Tower Records Europe meet and greet the day before the show!

So it's fitting! I just brought my tickets for this show and decided to go for the Europe meet and greet package! My buddy and I are STOKED!! Hey guys, life is short. I'm going for it all now. Going to see as many concerts that I can!! I guess that's always been my motto.

Europe was the first band I ever saw do something different.

They opened the show with "The Final Countdown" and ended the show with "The Final Countdown."

Europe hasn't been in America in 31 years! I'm pumped!!

I will be soaring on "The Wings Of Tomorrow" in July!

"ROCK THE NIGHT" you guys!!

• Like 2

What an odd lineup. None of those bands go with each other.

As a massive fan of all three, I think otherwise. They all have similar appeal, without being massively similar. I'd love to see this lot!

• Like 1

Saw Europe open for Def Leppard in the summer of 1988. It was a good show, when I was 15.

But oh, how much my tastes have changed since then!

Europe have evolved into a heavy hard rock and blues band over this century. Definitely not hair metal at all, and highly recommend you try them. A strong Deep Purple vibe nowadays, I think they are better than ever now

• Like 2

I'll be curious to see what type of venues this tour is book into, and how it sells. Foreigner has by far the broadest appeal, but I don't think anyone in the band now was on albums like 4. I think for most people, Kansas had 2 good songs in the 70s, and Europe had 1 in the 80s (that was used in something like a GEICO ad recently). There might be a some overlap between Foreigner's and Kansas' fan bases, from a classic rock radio standpoint. Europe seems like they might have been a more logical opener on the Crue-Def Leppard-Poison tour. I know some people really praised their last album, but I wonder how many people who are into that are also into bands like Foreigner.
  • Like 1

I'll be curious to see what type of venues this tour is book into, and how it sells. Foreigner has by far the broadest appeal, but I don't think anyone in the band now was on albums like 4. I think for most people, Kansas had 2 good songs in the 70s, and Europe had 1 in the 80s (that was used in something like a GEICO ad recently). There might be a some overlap between Foreigner's and Kansas' fan bases, from a classic rock radio standpoint. Europe seems like they might have been a more logical opener on the Crue-Def Leppard-Poison tour. I know some people really praised their last album, but I wonder how many people who are into that are also into bands like Foreigner.

Europe opening on the Leppard/Crue/Poison tour would have been perfect. Since Foreigner and Kansas were popular during the same era, I can see a little bit of crossover with the fans. It's a strange lineup but Europe is the oddest one here. Maybe they're just going for the random spectical of these three touring together to try and boost ticket sales?

• Like 2

Saw Europe open for Def Leppard in the summer of 1988. It was a good show, when I was 15.

Europe have evolved into a heavy hard rock and blues band over this century. Definitely not hair metal at all, and highly recommend you try them. A strong Deep Purple vibe nowadays, I think they are better than ever now

Michael!

Yes! You nailed it. They are incredible now. I always buy their Japanese cd pressing! Lol

I am sure they are going to stick to the hits in America, but I just can't wait to see them with Norum!!

Underrated band! Europe has evolved into an incredible hard rock blues groove mature band. I love them!!

Europe opening on the Leppard/Crue/Poison tour would have been perfect. Since Foreigner and Kansas were popular during the same era, I can see a little bit of crossover with the fans. It's a strange lineup but Europe is the oddest one here. Maybe they're just going for the random spectical of these three touring together to try and boost ticket sales?

I agree!!! I don't get John Jett! I've seen her twice over the last two summers just because she was an opener. I'm over it.

I can't believe Europe isn't opening for that stadium tour!! Would have been perfect. Incredible call.

Krokus is back on tour for the final time too. Even Krokus opening.

Wow! It would be a Monsters Of Rock Tour In America 2020!!

Motley Crue

Def Leppard

Poison

Europe

Krokus

Holy Shit........

The Mini Monsters Of Rock Tour. Lol

I'll go see that tour if they come to Toronto.

Rod! What's up with the Neil Memorial in May???

I know info will be all over this forum but let me know.

I'll be there.

I know as much as you do at this point, but we'll catch up then for sure. My guess: May 24th at Lakeside Park.

• Like 1

Interesting, I did not know that.

Interesting, I did not know that.

I highly recommend any of their last few albums. I came to them via their recent music after reading highly positive reviews. Reading them, I was like "wasn't there already a band called Europe in the 80s", and assuming they were a one hit wonder, I proceeded to play the more recent albums. Then I somehow found out they are the same band (whatever, I'm slow) and came to enjoy their early stuff too.

They definitely have had two major heydeys. I definitely prefer where they are now, I think they are phenomenal.

• Like 2

I'll go see that tour if they come to Toronto.

Rod! What's up with the Neil Memorial in May???

I know info will be all over this forum but let me know.

I'll be there.

I know as much as you do at this point, but we'll catch up then for sure. My guess: May 24th at Lakeside Park.

"Sunday Afternoon In The Park"

I will see you there!

Love,

Van Halen :)

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1