• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 metallithrax

metallithrax

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

Not sure if this wants to be in this subforum or not, but if anyone wants audiobook versions of Neil's books they are free on Amazon at the minute

https://www.hotukdea...-amazon-3389093

There were only two I didn't have already, and was waiting for the next audible credit to drop to get one of them.

Edited by metallithrax, 15 January 2020 - 02:27 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1796 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for posting this, I will pick up a couple I don't have.  :D  Good through January 28th.

Edited by Rhyta, 16 January 2020 - 06:14 AM.

#3 rushfan88

rushfan88

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for posting!  I'll get signed up and download my 2 free audio books.  I've been meaning to listen to these as I've read the books.  Too bad they were not spoken by Neil himself.

#4 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 33176 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

You are a HERO for posting this.  Thanks.

#5 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 31119 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, guitar, camping, recreational driving, reading, companionship, travel, the occasional videogame

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:33 PM

I was looking to buy physical copies of his books recently with absolutely zero luck :(

#6 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1796 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

I started listening to Far and Wide last night, the narrator has a nice voice, a lot like Neil.  The only one of the audio books that are narrated by Neil is Clockwork Angels.

#7 jc4gd

jc4gd

The Seeker

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:56 PM

Got through listening to Far and Wide. You get a great feel of what he went through his last tour R:40 across America and Canada, all the way to to LA Forum. It’s obvious Neil was so done with touring. Despite physical ailments he endured especially his serious foot infections, gave 100% each performance.

How many falls had he had off the motorcycle over the years? He does mention a few. When you see the daily rigor and discipline I would not have held it against him if he had not done R:40 and retired earlier. Through his motorcycle adventures he saw more landscapes that many of us combined will not see in a lifetime. His cup was full (with Macallan at the end of each day)!

Very nice to see all the time he had with his daughter Olivia at Science Island and coloring and reading, and that she attended at least one Rush concert as she and Carrie joined him at some of the concert city’s.

note: If you get the sample on kindle books, then you’ll have the proper table of contents for each book.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Neil Peart, Audio Books, Free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users