2020 R&R Hall of Fame inductees

Mithrandir

Witless Houston and ¿b.i.g? but no MC 5 and Pat Benatar?

And while I'm not a fan, no to DMB as people's choice?

RnR, my ass!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

Jethro Tull, anyone?

No?

That whole list is absolute bollocks.

The whole RRHOF is bullocks

Or maybe bollocks. :D It's not about Rock and Roll and hasn't been for a very long time but every year we read the same things when band so and so didn't get inducted. Wash, rinse, repeat, ad nauseam.

• Like 1

• Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • T. Rex

About f***ing time T Rex made it.

Utter stupidity.

Rock N Roll, not R&B, not Rap.

Is anything not sacred anymore?

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

5 of those 6 acts absolutely deserved to get in for their impact and influence on music, but the Doobie Brothers are a total WTF selection to me. They had some good songs but who did they influence? What is their relevance? What band can you look at and say "We wouldn't have _______ without the Doobie Brothers"? Edited by thizzellewashington
  • Like 3

5 of those 6 acts absolutely deserved to get in for their impact and influence on music, but the Doobie Brothers are a total WTF selection to me. They had some good songs but who did they influence? What is their relevance? What band can you look at and say "We wouldn't have _______ without the Doobie Brothers"?

Depends on how they judge impact I guess. If a lot of it depends on album sales (40 million), then yeah they deserve to be in. Just playing devil’s advocate here because I can think of way worse (less deserving) inductees that are already in

The Doobie Brothers were fairly unique, a pop throwback (although not that far) to the late 60s psychedelic rock. They also had a bit of that early southern rock sound, in a good way. But really, they had a healthy variety of styles as band members came and went.
  • Like 1

I know through the 1980s, their hits were staples of rock radio as I was growing up. My parents also had a few of their albums. They were definitely a big deal at their peak. I'm surprised they weren't already in.
  • Like 1

There's a popular "meme" (before such things existed) of a New York Times columnist saying after the 1972 election she didn't know how Nixon got elected, because she didn't know anyone who had voted for him. It was meant to illustrate that some people travel in circles where things are taken as accepted facts, but the larger population doesn't share that view. Music fans can be a little like that. "I love X, they're one of my favorite bands of all time, OF COURSE they belong in the Hall of Fame." And the converse is also true. "I don't like X. None of my buddies like X. How the f*ck did they get in the Hall of Fame?"
  • Like 2