Any Rush in particular you've listened to this weekend?

zappafrank

I've been listening to the "Nuts and Bolts" boot from 94 and Snake Arrows Blur-ray with the Neil Peart drum solo in surround.

I just sold my favorite Peat's book "Travelling Music" for cheap. I forgot to delete the listing from my Amazon inventory. I should have kept it, but now it's too late.

Edited by rugen

At home, in the car, while running, all weekend. Tears streaking my face a lot of the time.

But, I'm so grateful for what he and his 2 best friends gave me, and today I feel the fog is lifting.

Grateful for ALL the music, the concerts, the roadtrips, the books, the lyrical signposts, THIS FORUM, the friends I've made here and out there, and most importantly, the way the music made me feel.

• Like 4

Listening to Between The Wheels. The entire G/P Album just moves me as it really drives. Between , though , really just gets me going. Even in hard times. Also, the Cottontail performance for The Buddy Rich Tribute is unreal. That performance with that kit is phenomenal. The Greatest!!
  • Like 2

Ok getting ready to put in Permanent Waves for the ride home...

Made it through the whole thing with I think with a whole new appreciation for it! contemplating next choice now...

I saw your post that you were putting it on, and I wondered if you’d get through it without getting misty-eyed...I don’t think I could right now.

Tears of joy and triumph, to be sure.

Still no Rush music for me, to this point. But my armor is going to crack very soon, I can feel it...and in a big way.

On Saturday afternoon while I was out on my new winter bike I listened to 2112. I thought it was the album that best represented that time when I first became a Rush fan, 43 years ago. There was a time when that album was utterly immersive for me but while I did enjoy it, I did find myself zoning out. It did sort of wash over me in parts.

Perhaps partly because I've heard it so many times now, perhaps because those aren't really ideal listening conditions, pedalling along country lanes in the cold. Perhaps because I'm just not the enthralled, wide-eyed teenager who bought that album on his seventeenth birthday.

I had not been able to bring myself to listen to any Rush ...

Until today.

I figured I’d be able to listen at work and be able to hold back the tears. It was challenging at first but I made it through the day.

Just played all Rush on Spotify. Someone has the whole collection of Rush uploaded on there so I hit shuffle and let it play away.

From what I've been reading here, and talking to people in real life, the one Rush song that a lot of fans will avoid for a while is The Garden.

Yeah that one will be down the pike for me for sure! Hell that beauty would even have a tendency to choke me up a bit before this Friday...

I watched R40 and Grace Under Pressure on Sunday and have been shuffling through their music throughout the day and night.

On the way to work this morning, Scars came on and did a number on me.

All my nerves are naked wires

Tender to the touch

Sometimes super-sensitive

But who can care too much?

I get this feeling

• Like 2

Save for a few hours of KLOS on Friday Night, nothing. (No music at all actually. (Well, that's not completely true. Decided to go see John Gorka because we already had the tickets.) Have been planning how I might entertain the idea of jumping back in though. Can't decide whether to listen to 8/14/74 Pittsburgh, 6/28/2002 Hartford of the JR Flood demo. Probably between those three.... Think I'm close, but I may wait until the weekend. The funk I'm in doesn't make it too easy to make these decisions..
  • Like 2

Sitting here,with my pods in,thoroughly enjoying the epic title track from AFTK.

Im still pretty rocked by the totally shocking news of the passing of our beloved NEP.

The man enjoyed the best things of life,and sadly, the worst painful events as well.

Rest easy NEP

• Like 1

I’ve been going through “Rush Roulette” by listening to an album or two randomly. On Friday, I spun MP on my turntable, on Saturday I listened to PoW & AFTK on the way to and back from work, PW last night & right now I’m making my way through Signals. I’m sure by the end of the week I’d get through the entire studio discography.

I was on a Rush sabbatical of sorts post-R40 but returning to it all now, it almost feels fresh again albeit bittersweetly.

• Like 1

I haven't intentionally listened to anything. Any music at all.

I was driving back from an errand the other night and La Villa was on one of the more obscure stations in town.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, where Rush just doesn't get played. Anywhere. In all the years I've spent living here and travelling back and forth, that was the first time I'd ever heard Rush played.

Honestly it was just a weird, numbing experience. I didn't find myself dancing or singing the parts or tapping or anything, just kind of blankly staring out. I didn't feel like myself. The world kinda doesn't feel like itself right now.

I haven't intentionally listened to anything. Any music at all.

I was driving back from an errand the other night and La Villa was on one of the more obscure stations in town.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, where Rush just doesn't get played. Anywhere. In all the years I've spent living here and travelling back and forth, that was the first time I'd ever heard Rush played.

Honestly it was just a weird, numbing experience. I didn't find myself dancing or singing the parts or tapping or anything, just kind of blankly staring out. I didn't feel like myself. The world kinda doesn't feel like itself right now.

La Villa in Melbourne. That's impressive!

Over the weekend I watched “Beyond the Lighted Stage” twice, and also watched the “Time Stand Still” doc. (Waterworks!)

Song-wise: lots of randomized Rush, thanks to Alexa, Pandora, and Sirius XM. I made a point of playing “The Weapon,” and yesterday I played “La Villa” while following along with a “map” identifying when the various movements began and ended. I’d never done that before.

• Like 2

I listened to Red Barchetta off MP. It's my favorite Rush song lyrically. "My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about... race back to the farm, to dream with my uncle at the fireside." Magical. I think Limelight is Neil's "best" effort but Red Barchetta will always be my favorite.

Its' such a great song that someone should write a novel based on it.

;)

:) It would make a great movie!

• Like 1

I listened to Red Barchetta off MP. It's my favorite Rush song lyrically. "My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about... race back to the farm, to dream with my uncle at the fireside." Magical. I think Limelight is Neil's "best" effort but Red Barchetta will always be my favorite.

Its' such a great song that someone should write a novel based on it.

;)

:) It would make a great movie!

Let me know if you have any Hollywood connections.

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/grant-brough/the-red-barchetta/hardcover/product-3678792.html