A Neil Peart Playlist

ReRushed

The best way to deal with the loss of Neil Peart is listening to his music and I have been listening to a lot of Rush the past 24 hours. Here is a playlist of songs I found helped me cope with the loss. It clocks about one hour:

Afterimage

Anthem

Didacts and Narpets

Lakeside Park

Subdivisions

Middletown Dreams

Closer to the Heart

Something for Nothing

Freewill

YYZ (Exit... Stage Left)

Limelight

Bravado

The Garden

• Like 2

I've spent the last couple of days listening to a LOT of Rush, but making sure I listen to tracks I tend to skip. It's been enlightening- a lot of songs that didn't knock me out the first few times are clicking well with me now. Especially songs off Vital and Snakes.

I wouldn't know how to carve it down to a list, but I love that you included Didacts. Fountain of Lamneth is a big favorite of mine, and the metaphorical sections of the teen years (Didacts) and burgeoning adult years (No One at the Bridge) always stood out. A great way of mapping out a life.

When I first heard, I was on my way out of town, and didn't have an opportunity to grab anything...and my wife isn't the greatest Rush fan in the world, so I was limited. I was glad a few things popped up on social media, and the odd thing on XM (until today when Deep Tracks went total Rush)

My first CD listen will be tomorrow on my way to work, and it will be All The World's a Stage.....THAT'S the epitome of what got me hooked on Rush and Neil! Nothing will ever beat that as my "litmus test" Everything after was just major frosting on the cake!