No leaks

quantex

I find it strange there were no leaks in 3.5 years, and three days after the death. On FB page Renditions Fine Art, Framing, & Photography, Hugh let someone facetime with Neil after he bought a paintining. That was a couple of months ago. Edited by quantex

It shows the high level of respect that his family, friends and others in the music industry had for Neil as a person that nothing came out about this. He wanted to deal with this in private and everyone understood and respected his wishes. It's surprising with the way news travels today that nothing concrete about his illness leaked out but it's certainly not impossible for that to happen if the person doesn't want the news out there.
  • Like 6

Very similar to David Bowie, his inner circle were aware but not millions of followers worldwide.

As someone else pointed out, he left the earth as he left the concert hall, on his own terms.

Sort of. I doubt he would choose the term of brain cancer.

This situation takes privacy to a whole new level. In these times three and half years and then three days on top of that. Amazing and commendable to be honest...
  • Like 8

Very similar to David Bowie, his inner circle were aware but not millions of followers worldwide.

As someone else pointed out, he left the earth as he left the concert hall, on his own terms.

Sort of. I doubt he would choose the term of brain cancer.

That's indeed a given.

There really weren't any "leaks", but I do recall that there were some rumors flying around for the past few years....Like I said in the other thread, they all seemed like crack theories until two days ago when the horrible truth was revealed :(

Exactly. Respect the privacy to everyone in the Rush family. I knew about Neil's brain tumor on November 2, 2019. I only told my father because he was at our office when I found out.

The only social media I am on is The Rush Forum. I despise social media except for this Forum.

In this day and age where there is no privacy and no respect to others personal lives there was no way in Hell I would say a word to anyone.

I love you Neil Peart. Rest In Peace, :heart:

• Like 7

I know that Kenny Aronoff of Mellencamp, Gil Moore of Triumph, and Mike Portnoy all knew that Neil was sick the last couple years. Kudos to them for keeping it tight to the vest. Kenny said that the family was trying to arrange for himself and Neil to have dinner about a year ago, but word came back that Neil was not feeling up to it.
  • Like 1

I know that Kenny Aronoff of Mellencamp, Gil Moore of Triumph, and Mike Portnoy all knew that Neil was sick the last couple years. Kudos to them for keeping it tight to the vest. Kenny said that the family was trying to arrange for himself and Neil to have dinner about a year ago, but word came back that Neil was not feeling up to it.

I'm glad that this didn't leak out, and that his and his family's privacy was kept intact! What's bugging me at the moment is the marketing of anything with his likeness on it all over social media!

• Like 1

Knowing Neil to be such a private person, I think the greatest gift from the people that knew about his condition was to keep it private.

The last thing he wanted was to have a shitstorm of attention during his remaining days.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

Exactly. Respect the privacy to everyone in the Rush family. I knew about Neil's brain tumor on November 2, 2019. I only told my father because he was at our office when I found out.

The only social media I am on is The Rush Forum. I despise social media except for this Forum.

In this day and age where there is no privacy and no respect to others personal lives there was no way in Hell I would say a word to anyone.

How do you know Neil/his family/Rush extended, if I might ask (and I realize the contradiction given this particular thread, so I understand if you decline to answer)? I'm very sorry for your personal loss and the roller coaster you've been on (per your posts).

Edited by zappafrank

Living in LA, the land of TMZ, it's also amazing that we didn't even get pictures of Neil a la "reclusive Rush drummer seen in public," let alone anything similar tagged with illness or what have you.

Like so many others, I just assumed the silence was Neil living out his post-Rush years like we all figured he would, doing his own thing. Not even a few reports that he wasn't even playing anymore seemed odd to me. There were a few updates here and there from his camp IIRC of him just saying hi to people and whatnot, so nothing seemed amiss.

Edited by zappafrank

How do you know Neil/his family/Rush extended, if I might ask (and I realize the contradiction given this particular thread, so I understand if you decline to answer)? I'm very sorry for your personal loss and the roller coaster you've been on (per your posts).

Legit question.

I would like to know too.

I despise it too - social media, that is.

You are a good man, Earl.

• Like 5

I'm glad that this didn't leak out, and that his and his family's privacy was kept intact! What's bugging me at the moment is the marketing of anything with his likeness on it all over social media!

It is f***ing deplorable. Just disgusting. I agree 1000%. The world is full of blood sucking leeches.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I have already made my connection public. I will be as private as I can be here. A gentleman my father in met from LA flew up to do a shoe distribution deal with us. This gentleman had the same nanny that Neil and Carrie have for Olivia. You see I have a Neil Paragon tapestry in my office.

I showed him it and my other Rush stuff. Told him my Rush Passion. So he told me about the nanny connection. Told me back on November 2 2019 that Geddy and Alex flew out of Toronto a few weeks ago to check on Neil and his brain tumor.

I couldn't believe my ears nor could my dad who was also there. I chose to ignore it can erase it out of my mind as a rumor.

On January 7th, 2020 that information became true. Crushed my heart and soul like getting hit head on from a bullet train.

I have been very blessed in my 51 years of life. We are all on a rollercoaster ride. Some rides have more ups than downs, Some more downs than up. However life my favorite song on "Snakes & Arrows" is titled..... "We Hold On."

I am not on the inner circle of the band, but I have been blessed to meet them all.

Neil at his bus on the Vapor Trails Tour.

Geddy and Alex on the GUPIV Train Tour.

Cheers!

I am a straight shooter and very honest. I have no filter too which gets me in trouble some times but I do my best in life not to contradict information. I can't stand contradictions and hypocrisy.

RUSH ON!

• Like 11

Thank you very much. I have already made my connection public. I will be as private as I can be here. A gentleman my father in met from LA flew up to do a shoe distribution deal with us. This gentleman had the same nanny that Neil and Carrie have for Olivia. You see I have a Neil Paragon tapestry in my office.

I showed him it and my other Rush stuff. Told him my Rush Passion. So he told me about the nanny connection. Told me back on November 2 2019 that Geddy and Alex flew out of Toronto a few weeks ago to check on Neil and his brain tumor.

I couldn't believe my ears nor could my dad who was also there. I chose to ignore it can erase it out of my mind as a rumor.

On January 7th, 2020 that information became true. Crushed my heart and soul like getting hit head on from a bullet train.

I have been very blessed in my 51 years of life. We are all on a rollercoaster ride. Some rides have more ups than downs, Some more downs than up. However life my favorite song on "Snakes & Arrows" is titled..... "We Hold On."

I am not on the inner circle of the band, but I have been blessed to meet them all.

Cheers!

I am a straight shooter and very honest. I have no filter too which gets me in trouble some times but I do my best in life not to contradict information. I can't stand contradictions and hypocrisy.

RUSH ON!

Aww, hugs to you and your dad, Earl. What a shock that must have been for you guys. I admire your silence and integrity on the illness. Take care and Rush on!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Absolutely my good friend. Social Media, Internet, cell phones, and tablets are destroying real social interaction with humanity. Amazon Prime too.

Eventually all the malls will be turned into housing. Retail will only exist online.

Instead of going outside your home and shopping and meeting people we gaze into globes.

Sometimes when I walk down the street a pretty woman catches my eye. I look at her and smile but she is like a zombie and just walks on by texting.

I forgot my phone for an entire day last week and I loved it.

When I saw Madonna at the WIltern in LA, everyone had to put their cell phones in a soft pouch with a lock on it.

I thought it was amazing to watch a show with hundreds of fuckking phones in your way.

It is what it is but I don't have to accept it.

You are a good woman Lorraine. Keep your chin up!! You will be fine!!! I am here for you.

• Like 2

Cheers!

RUSH ON!

Aww, hugs to you and your dad, Earl. What a shock that must have been for you guys. I admire your silence and integrity on the illness. Take care and Rush on!

I LOVE YOU BECKY!!!

Earl

• Like 1

Legit question.

I would like to know too.

Done.

• Like 1

Cheers!

RUSH ON!

I LOVE YOU BECKY!!!

Earl

RIGHT BACK AT YA, EARL ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 2

Absolutely my good friend. Social Media, Internet, cell phones, and tablets are destroying real social interaction with humanity. Amazon Prime too.

Eventually all the malls will be turned into housing. Retail will only exist online.

Instead of going outside your home and shopping and meeting people we gaze into globes.

Sometimes when I walk down the street a pretty woman catches my eye. I look at her and smile but she is like a zombie and just walks on by texting.

I forgot my phone for an entire day last week and I loved it.

When I saw Madonna at the WIltern in LA, everyone had to put their cell phones in a soft pouch with a lock on it.

I thought it was amazing to watch a show with hundreds of fuckking phones in your way.

It is what it is but I don't have to accept it.

You are a good woman Lorraine. Keep your chin up!! You will be fine!!! I am here for you.

Another thing that breaks my heart. To pay homage to "The Buggles......."

"Internet Killed The CD Store"

Absolutely one of the most remarkable and admirable acts of honoring one’s privacy that I’ve ever heard of or can imagine. It’s just with social media being what it is, cameras on cell phones everywhere, and people just wanting to get information for the sake of gossip, it’s just something I find beautiful in all this tragedy. His inner circle had to have gone to great lengths to honor his wishes and Neil deserved that so much. I love that it wasn’t ever made public...
  • Like 9

Cheers!

RUSH ON!

I LOVE YOU BECKY!!!

Earl

RIGHT BACK AT YA, EARL ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You absolutely ROCK!!!! I am sooooooo lucky to be loved by so many Rush Women on here!! Believe me. I am aware and blessed.

Signed,

The Howard Stern Of The Rush Forum

LOL

• Like 2