Sirius XM

Laurabw

OK, I shouldn't complain, but these so-called "Deep Tracks" are yet to be that deep, and if this is Carol Miller who's DJing, she said "Purt." I mean, really?

Listening and enjoying anyway, but come on, give me some tracks that make me go "WOW!"

• Like 2

In the car yesterday listening to classic rewind. They FINALLY did their little memorial spot for Neil at about 1:30 PM eastern .

Nice. Then they played Limelight. Nice.

Then the DJ (I don't know who she is) did her rap about Neil, and said that they would be paying tribute to him all afternoon.

As soon as she was done talking, without skipping a beat... the next song, - Another One Bites The Dust.

You can't make this shit up. Even my wife, a non-fan, said "What the f**k!"

Edited for spelling.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

OK, I shouldn't complain, but these so-called "Deep Tracks" are yet to be that deep, and if this is Carol Miller who's DJing, she said "Purt." I mean, really?

Listening and enjoying anyway, but come on, give me some tracks that make me go "WOW!"

It's Carol Miller? She's been pronouncing it that way since she started playing their records.

She knows who Geddy is. She's interviewed him in the studio a few times in the '80s.

• Like 2

It's Carol Miller? She's been pronouncing it that way since she started playing their records.

She knows who Geddy is. She's interviewed him in the studio a few times in the '80s.

Carol Miller knows exactly who Rush is.

• Like 3

Dusty someone or other, not Carol Miller. My mistake.

And they just played Losing It (sobbing) and now Circumstances, so I guess that's a little deeper!

• Like 2

Is there enough of us with Sirius subscriptions to keep this channel going!

I wish there was! Everyone on Twitter is saying to keep it going. I mean, if Phish can have a station, then for God's sake, why can't Rush???

Or at the very least, a Prog station would be great.

• Like 2

Dusty someone or other, not Carol Miller. My mistake.

And they just played Losing It (sobbing) and now Circumstances, so I guess that's a little deeper!

Every subscriber should contact SiriusXM and inform them on how to correctly pronounce Neil's name.

• Like 1

They did try a petition a few years back for a station that was even endorsed by fan and Classic Rewind DJ Kristine Stone that went nowhere.

Complete 2112 now which used to get played on Ozzy's Boneyard of all places moons ago.

• Like 2

and speaking of Madrigal and songs that drag on (another thread).... :D

I like it, even if I'm the only one on here!!

Unredacted By-Tor and the Snow Dog, The Camera Eye, Natural Science....plenty deep for me. I drive for Uber these days and listened to Deep Tracks all day. I wonder how my first passenger felt to have a sobbing driver greet them for their ride.... Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 1

They are using Deep Tracks as their Rush Tribute Channel through Wednesday - 24/7 Rush! So I wouldn't read into the channel name as an indicator of how deep they are going.

But this afternoon I heard Entre Nous, Countdown, Red Lenses, and Making Memories. Not exactly songs known to the public at large...

Also they will be airing a 2 hour special tonight starting at 7.

• Like 2

OH MY GOD! I Think I'm Going Bald is on XM! NOW I've heard everything!!!

Fortunately the satellites are pointed at The Earth, rather than deep space.

Yes, it did get better as I listened, as in, more lesser-known tracks, which was nice!

Where do we draw the line between a lesser known track and a non lesser known track though? To us hardcore fans a lesser known track would be different than what most casual fans would consider lesser known. For example I doubt most big Rush fans would consider passage to bangkok lesser known or chemistry or by tor and the snowdog or red sector a obscure but most casual fans probably don't know those. Anything you don't hear on the radio could be considered lesser known to the casual fan but to us rush fans you would have to dig deeper than just not hear it on the radio I would imagine.

They played Natural Science, Before and After, and 2112 from ATWAS when I was listening.

They did point out that Neil did not play on Before and After, but that this is a tribute to Rush music, as well as a memorial to Neil.

• Like 1

Yes, it did get better as I listened, as in, more lesser-known tracks, which was nice!

Where do we draw the line between a lesser known track and a non lesser known track though? To us hardcore fans a lesser known track would be different than what most casual fans would consider lesser known. For example I doubt most big Rush fans would consider passage to bangkok lesser known or chemistry or by tor and the snowdog or red sector a obscure but most casual fans probably don't know those. Anything you don't hear on the radio could be considered lesser known to the casual fan but to us rush fans you would have to dig deeper than just not hear it on the radio I would imagine.

To any serious fan of any group there are probably very few lesser known tracks. And if there are, its likely because the person just doesn't dig that song very much.

• Like 1

Oh well yes, semantics I guess. More like “I’ve never heard that played on the air before” kinda thing. Like “ I think I’m going bald.”

but you know how Sirius is, even their deep tracks are normally not that deep.

• Like 1

HI listened to Eddie Trunk's show today (Trunk Nation) and it was all about Neil. He has Taylor Hawkins, Mike Portnoy, Andy Curren and Nick (Boooje). They all told stories and paid tribute. Really cool
  • Like 2