If There Is A Public Memorial For Neil Either In L.A. Or in Ontario Canada Will You Attend? Tribute Concert?

RUSHHEAD666

I've been thinking about this all day.

I am sure Neil's service will be private as it should be.

But what if either LA or Toronto has an open public memorial for all to attend?

Would you go?

What about a tribute concert to Neil. Just saying random musicians putting on an event for Neil with Geddy and Alex's blessing?

I would go in a heartbeat..................

• Like 3

YOU GOT ME THINKING....Geddy has a new Book out and below could tie in nicely

I'm positive that a concert of only Geddy and Alex could be pulled off with an audible drums track. Maybe only Ged/Alex doing the last 3 songs with other Artists doing most of the Concert

Rush has for YEARS has had all kinds of pre recorded tracks that Ged would control using a foot switch on his effects floorboard. Especially during songs having Bass and Keyboards in sync

This could be pulled off respectfully and tastefully in smaller 2,000 seat venues. Maybe only 3 North American concerts (Los Angeles, Toronto, NYC). I suspect tickets would start at $500 or more

Edited by GodandTime
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've been thinking about a tribute/benefit concert too and I hope it happens once everyone's had time to process his passing. I would think Foo Fighters, Corgan, Portnoy, Primus and others for sure would be in. Don't know about Ged and Alex. Might be too emotional for them to play, but I have no doubt they'd be there. Neil deserves a huge celebration for all the influence he had on the world of rock drumming.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've been thinking about a tribute/benefit concert too and I hope it happens once everyone's had time to process his passing. I would think Foo Fighters, Corgan, Portnoy, Primus and others for sure would be in. Don't know about Ged and Alex. Might be too emotional for them to play, but I have no doubt they'd be there. Neil deserves a huge celebration for all the influence he had on the world of rock drumming.

Taylor Hawkins, Grohl, Tim Alexander, Mike Portnoy, Steward Copeland, Gavin Harrison, Simon Phillips, Matt Cameron, Carter Beauford, and me! I get YYZ!!!! With drum solo! PLEASE!!! :)

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

"Exit Stage Left" baby! I will never forget cranking "Exit Stage Left" in my bedroom for the first time back in the 8th grade. I was already addicted to Rush thanks to "Moving Pictures." When "Exit" came out I almost shit myself.

I raced home on my bike and popped in the cassette. "YYZ" came on and then all of the sudden I realized that the third drum fill was different!!! I was shocked!!! Then my brain ignited into excitation and bliss! A NEIL PEART DRUM SOLO!!!!!!!!

It blew my young mind and I was motivated to learn it and play that live version on my Sony Walkman. Another obsession of mine. So hard to do but I can get through it. Still to this day I can play most.......................

The cowbell solo is my favorite part to play......

• Like 5

I've been thinking about this all day.

I am sure Neil's service will be private as it should be.

But what if either LA or Toronto has an open public memorial for all to attend?

Would you go?

What about a tribute concert to Neil. Just saying random musicians putting on an event for Neil with Geddy and Alex's blessing?

I would go in a heartbeat..................

I wouldn't, but for those who find solace in such things, absolutely go.

• Like 1

IMHO, the best way to memorialize Peart is to continue to enjoy his music, lyrics, books, and other words he offered. Enjoy them and introduce them to others who’ve never known them. I can’t think of a better memorial.

It was just an idea my friend.

Perhaps it spawned from my brain from goring to the Grapes Under Pressure IV Tour.

If there is nothing then I will be satisfied too.

Forget a tribute concert.

I was really hoping to fly to Toronto YYZ to lay down some flowers and some Neil Peart 747 Promark drumsticks somewhere.

Pay my respects and move on.

I've told everyone this on here over the last two sad days.

I will just live for me and play my drums to Rush albums until I die.

This is just a thought.

A concept.

An idea.

Not a reality.

Rest in peace eternally Neill Ellwood Peart.

I will love you forever.

Cranking "Power Windows." Some of the best drumming in the world is on this record.

People complain about the "Synth Years." LOL! They aren't true Rush fans.

Neil's drumming on "Power Windows" is untouchable.

The record is so fun to play to.

Thank you Neil.

The greatest..........

• Like 2

IMHO, the best way to memorialize Peart is to continue to enjoy his music, lyrics, books, and other words he offered. Enjoy them and introduce them to others who’ve never known them. I can’t think of a better memorial.

Perhaps it spawned from my brain from goring to the Grapes Under Pressure IV Tour.

I was really hoping to fly to Toronto YYZ to lay down some flowers and some Neil Peart 747 Promark drumsticks somewhere.

This is just a thought.

A concept.

An idea.

Not a reality.

I will love you forever.

Cranking "Power Windows." Some of the best drumming in the world is on this record.

Thank you Neil.

The greatest..........

Yup it’s a good thought too.

Just giving my thought too.

• Like 3

This is just a thought.

A concept.

An idea.

Not a reality.

I will love you forever.

Thank you Neil.

The greatest..........

Yup it’s a good thought too.

Just giving my thought too.

I know my friend.

You are one of the people on this forum I really hope to meet some day.

The list is very long on here.

I know it's tough.

I might retire in 2 years. Them maybe I can go to Japan, Ireland, Scotland, UK, Canada. You know who you are.

I would rather eat a red apple than smoke one. ;)

• Like 2

probably not, but i would like to go leave something on Rush's star on the walk of fame in hollywood.
  • Like 2

should be held at Lakeside Park Port Delhousie

That same thought went through my brain.

I will be there with bells on. Tubular Bells. Neil Peart.

Mike Oldfield

Don’t laugh. I served as backup drummer for rehearsals for a cover of tubular bells by like 10 people from several local high schools—my older brother was one of two guitar players and their drummer often couldn’t make it to our basement where rehearsals were held.

I can’t travel to LA or Toronto but I would consider the drive to Toronto if I had a valid passport.

• Like 2

I think this MUST be done. Even if this means having Geddy and Alex play one song only, I think it should happen.

If there us, I'll see u there Rod!

• Like 1

I think a tribute concert would be wonderful! If Ged and Alex are up to it, they could do something like the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, where the remaining members of Queen performed with different singers, only this time it would be with different drummers. They could have a video of Neil doing his solo, and 'all three' of them could play YYZ. It could be a fantastic tribute to a man who was loved, worshipped, and who brought so much pleasure to so many. :)