If There Is A Public Memorial For Neil Either In L.A. Or in Ontario Canada Will You Attend? Tribute Concert?

RUSHHEAD666

If there is a public memorial service for Neil in Los Angeles, California, or Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, I don't know, and right now, I haven't seen, and heard of anything like that, but if there is, then maybe, I would try to attend it. If there is, and with a tribute concert in being one, for attending, I think trying the same way.
  • Like 1

It's a good idea but with how private Neil was, I'm not sure he would want anyone to make such a big hoopla for him.

I get and respect how he lived privately and didn't understand adoration but man, reading all of theses tributes from every walk of life truly is beyond words. This man made a difference and I hope he was aware of the level of love and respect he actually achieved.

• Like 4

IMHO, the best way to memorialize Peart is to continue to enjoy his music, lyrics, books, and other words he offered. Enjoy them and introduce them to others who’ve never known them. I can’t think of a better memorial.

It's been pretty inspiring reading and seeing some of the thoughtful and organic tributes like Dream Theater's moment of silence, Metallica riffing on Tom Sawyer, The Buffalo News article, Kenny Arnoff, NPR.... I'm not sure if those closest to Neil would be up for it or even sanction such a memorial event but who knows what the future might bring.

• Like 3

The Buffalo News article was one of the best. And the New Yorker with the air drumming was good too. And the random guy who met him at a rest stop somewhere, that was my favorite.
  • Like 1

It's a good idea but with how private Neil was, I'm not sure he would want anyone to make such a big hoopla for him.

I get and respect how he lived privately and didn't understand adoration but man, reading all of theses tributes from every walk of life truly is beyond words. This man made a difference and I hope he was aware of the level of love and respect he actually achieved.

It's sad that he didn't wish to receive the overwhelming positive thoughts and love that would have flooded in had the fans known. That was the biggest enigma to me, that he concentrated on the negative that may come from such a tiny minority to the detriment of the massive number of people (I won't use the word fan!) who merely wanted to wish him well, admired his work and sometimes just to say thank you and spread a little positivity.

Edited by bootruss
  • Like 1

I am sure something will be done! There are just to many people in the world that were touched, inspired, changed & moved by this band. I just hope that what ever is done will not be consumed by those tha occupy the upper echelon that would sell their own mother for a quick buck! Where/when ever the decision is made it should be accessible to all without all the glittering prizes and endless compromises(other than personal expense eg; travel expenses). I do not know how it will happen but I am more than positive something will happen... Long Live :rush: !!! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

should be held at Lakeside Park Port Delhousie

That same thought went through my brain.

I will be there with bells on. Tubular Bells. Neil Peart.

Mike Oldfield

Don’t laugh. I served as backup drummer for rehearsals for a cover of tubular bells by like 10 people from several local high schools—my older brother was one of two guitar players and their drummer often couldn’t make it to our basement where rehearsals were held.

I can’t travel to LA or Toronto but I would consider the drive to Toronto if I had a valid passport.

No way! No laughing here. I love Mike Oldfield. That is a very cool story!!

I honestly think that the musicians of the world would HAVE to do something to honor him! When you listen to any interview with any musician that has any respect among other musicians, they ALWAYS mention Rush and Neil as someone that has inspired them! AND I'd be willing to bet Mike Portnoy would be the catalyst for such an endeavor!
  • Like 1

The Buffalo News article was one of the best. And the New Yorker with the air drumming was good too. And the random guy who met him at a rest stop somewhere, that was my favorite.

I honestly think that the musicians of the world would HAVE to do something to honor him! When you listen to any interview with any musician that has any respect among other musicians, they ALWAYS mention Rush and Neil as someone that has inspired them! AND I'd be willing to bet Mike Portnoy would be the catalyst for such an endeavor!

Yes! Give me Simon Phillips too!

Just watched a video of Mike Portnoy playing YYZ.

Just a lifeless and unnecessary exercise in imitation.

If we are going to get a tribute concert, I want to some life in these songs, or new interpretations, or new actual songs.

I totally agree.

I am an amateur drummer and I will give you life on the drums for YYZ. I have the spirit. I have the confidence. Been playing YYZ on the drums since 1981. I was in junior high.

RUSH ON!

• Like 1

i will be there whenever it happens! I was thinking there are 4 famous people / stars who meant a lot to me as a kid and as I grew up, that stand above all others. Three of them are dead now. Neil was a big part of my life. I loved Rush and they were literally the cliched soundtrack of my life, but I always held Neil above Alex and Geddy.
  • Like 1

i will be there whenever it happens! I was thinking there are 4 famous people / stars who meant a lot to me as a kid and as I grew up, that stand above all others. Three of them are dead now. Neil was a big part of my life. I loved Rush and they were literally the cliched soundtrack of my life, but I always held Neil above Alex and Geddy.

I will be there in a heartbeat buddy. Please if you seriously hear anything let me know!!!

Anyone of my friends on here! I will be looking for alerts so I can book a flight and a room.......