Tributes to Neil...

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1215741665060610048

Twitter reactions,.thoughts from the guys from KISS, Geezer Butler, and more...

If you're so inclined post articles and other media mentions here...

• Like 2

I think this one is my favorite. I'm not familiar with the guy who wrote it, but it made me smile.

I can’t help thinking he’s chuckling somewhere knowing hundreds of bands with gigs tonight are trying to figure out “an easy Rush song.”

• Like 9

Dave Grohl, the former Nirvana drummer and current Foo Fighters leader, paid tribute to Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart, who died on Jan. 7 from brain cancer at age 67. Peart’s death was announced today.

In a statement, Grohl wrote: “Today the world lost a true giant in the history of rock and roll. An inspiration to millions with an unmistakable sound who spawned generations of musicians (like myself) to pick up two sticks and chase a dream. A kind, thoughtful, brilliant man who ruled our radios and turntables not only with his drumming, but also his beautiful words.

“I still vividly remember my first listen of ‘2112' when I was young. It was the first time I really listened to a drummer. And since that day, music has never been the same. His power, precision, and composition was incomparable. He was called ‘The Professor’ for a reason: we all learned from him.

“Thank you, Neil for making our lives a better place with your music. You will be forever remembered and sorely missed by all of us. And my heartfelt condolences to the Rush family.

• Like 8

I just heard about Neil Peart passing. I feel real bad about this – he was way too young. Neil was one of the great drummers and he’ll be missed. Love & mercy to Neil’s family.

– Brian pic.twitter.com/T5qjECWX1W

— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilsonLive) January 10, 2020

• Like 3

Over 20 years ago, one of my best friends John Kastner(@jeanguykastner ) brought Neil Peart to my house in Laurel Canyon. We stayed up all night drinking whiskey and talking on more subjects than I knew existed. He was the friendliest curmudgeon in the world. We’ll miss him.

— Dave Foley (@DaveSFoley) January 10, 2020

• Like 2

Very sad that Rush drummer Neil Peart has passed away. He was very inspiration to anyone who loved the drums. His talent and musical arrangements will be missed as they have given so much joy to many. May God Grant you rest and peace.@rushtheband

— Mike Piazza (@mikepiazza31) January 10, 2020

• Like 1

Vernon Reid

Rush embodied Rock & Roll in a way that transcended whether you were a fan or not-they did exactly what they wanted to do-exactly the way they wanted to do it. NO COMPROMISE. Love them - or not. RESPECT is totally due. Neil Peart fused Heart.Mind.Body. To a seamless whole. R.I.P.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 4

matt sweeney

‏@theheavyjamz

5h5 hours ago

More

Neil Peart and Rush made such a sweet place for outsiders and misfits that was never ugly or mean. Their earnest striving for excellence on their own terms will always resonate with the best kind of idealists.

RIP Neil Peart.

Exit the the warrior, Rush forever.

EN87CdeWoAIoPbv.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 7

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jan/10/neil-peart-dead-rush-drummer-appreciation

"The last thing I asked Geddy Lee when I met him just over a year ago was whether he and Lifeson and Peart were still friends, now they no longer had Rush to hold them together. “Absolutely,” he said. “Alex and I just flew down to see Neil two weeks ago and hung out for three days. Had some very good meals. We’re pals, and that will never change.”

It makes my eyes well, truly, to think that he’s lost his pal."

-----------------------------------------

Man, just when you think you're coming to terms with it you read that :(

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 11