Don't F#@& With Cats

goose

Man, what a grim, weird mini-series doc. I really wonder how much is real or is a put on, but the seedy underbelly of the 'net is really exposed. And I wonder how many kids are watching it...

Untitled-1.jpg

On Netflix, for the interested.

• Like 1

My wife and I where flipping through Netflix and ending up watching this Christmas night. About 1/3 of the way into it, we looked at each other and wondered why where we watching this on Christmas night? Yeah it's really messed up.

My wife and I where flipping through Netflix and ending up watching this Christmas night. About 1/3 of the way into it, we looked at each other and wondered why where we watching this on Christmas night? Yeah it's really messed up.

You watching on Christmas made lol for real!

It's grim, but a fascinating story.

• Like 1

It was hard to watch at points and to my understanding its pretty much 100% true. I mean the police footage in it was real. How ahead of the curve the internet warriors were could have been embellished.

True.

What most disturbed me was how many people watch the kinds of videos the guy released. A sadist is one thing, but tens of thousands of sadism-consuming voyeurs surfing the net is unsettling.

• Like 1

I just hope someone caught this prick and put him in a microwave. Everyone I know says its too disturbing too watch, except for one guy at work said it's no big deal...maybe he should be microwaved too. I think I'll pass though.
  • Like 1

I just hope someone caught this prick and put him in a microwave. Everyone I know says its too disturbing too watch, except for one guy at work said it's no big deal...maybe he should be microwaved too. I think I'll pass though.

“no big deal”...he’s either a t**t trying to appear like nothing phases him OR he’s a t**t who actually thinks it’s no big deal

• Like 1

It was hard to watch at points and to my understanding its pretty much 100% true. I mean the police footage in it was real. How ahead of the curve the internet warriors were could have been embellished.

True.

What most disturbed me was how many people watch the kinds of videos the guy released. A sadist is one thing, but tens of thousands of sadism-consuming voyeurs surfing the net is unsettling.

I was most nervous that they would not cut his videos. I didn't want to see them.

For anyone concerned, they don't show them but it's enough that they describe them and it is disturbing.

• Like 1

True.

How is it any different from the great many TV shows, films and video games that feature violence, brutality and cruelty towards other people?

Our entertainment culture is waist deep in dark voyeurism.

• Like 1

True.

How is it any different from the great many TV shows, films and video games that feature violence, brutality and cruelty towards other people?

So there’s no difference to you then?

• Like 1

True.

There's a huge difference. I'm a big horror movie and video game fan, but I'm not desensitized or f***ed up enough to want to watch real videos like that guy posted. I'll be skipping this series too, even though it seems interesting.

• Like 1

True.

I'd say there is a big difference between a Star Wars film and a snuff film, as most people can distinguish between fantasy and reality. But the greater point that we glorify violence in film, and that it's become more graphic, is a fair one.

True.

I'd say there is a big difference between a Star Wars film and a snuff film, as most people can distinguish between fantasy and reality. But the greater point that we glorify violence in film, and that it's become more graphic, is a fair one.

Yes, I agree with that, but my larger point is this:

According to our current societal rules, it's OK to enjoy entertainment that features simulated brutal violence, but it's not OK to enjoy entertainment that features real brutal violence. Not SciFi/Fantasy violence, but everyday, human-on-human violence that could actually happen.

In my opinion, there is something very wrong with this.

Why is it OK to enjoy violence, murder, and death just because it's simulated?

Does that create some sort of moral loophole for us?

To me, there is no loophole. If you enjoying watching people getting butchered, then that's not good.

True.

Our entertainment culture is waist deep in dark voyeurism.

I think most of us can make a distinction between fictional violence and real violence.

In my own case, I did not watch nor did I want to watch the videos in the movie Don't f**k With Cats but I have no real issue watching a Quentin Tarantino movie where people get shot up or tortured. I am probably not alone on this and I think that demonstrates a clear difference.

• Like 2

The whole Luka Magnotta story was big up here in Canada. I watched this and it is very disturbing but well done. The thing that freaked me out was when he was killing the cats, he was a couple of miles from where I live!
  • Like 1

I can't watch. I love cats.

I do, too! Medium-rare with barbecue sauce! :D

I know you're a hunter and all but yuck

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

I know you're a hunter and all but yuck

Just joking, Brother. I would never really eat a cat unless it was that or starve to death and even then I'd probably weep openly over such a hard choice while begging God's forgiveness.

Edited by Jack Aubrey
  • Like 3