All Star Wars Movies...Rank 'Em!

GeddyLeeRoth

Now that the third trilogy is done, rank them all including standalones, hell throw in the godforsaken '79 Christmas Special and the Ewok movie if you want. I've only seen Ep 9 once, but going off of first impressions...

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Return Of The Jedi

4. Revenge Of The Sith

5. The Force Awakens

6. Rogue One

7. The Phantom Menace

8. The Rise Of Skywalker

9. Attack Of The Clones

10. Solo

11. The Last Jedi

Rogue One

Solo

Feels very weird to put 6 so far down, but really 8, 9, and 6 are all about the same level of awesome to me.

Not sure how I've avoided it have never seen one of them. The original was all the rage when I was in high school.... Edited by Narps

Not sure how I've avoided it have never seen one of them. The original was all the rage when I was on high school....

I feel like I'm being punked.

• Like 3

Not sure how I've avoided it have never seen one of them. The original was all the rage when I was on high school....

Nope. Just never interested...

You should at least try the very first one that came out in '77. That was our era :)

• Like 2

You should at least try the very first one that came out in '77. That was our era :)

Probably could but I'll pass. All Rush nerds are not created equal...

Beauty!

If you didn't watch as a youngling, then my guess is that you wouldn't enjoy them as an adult.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Beauty!

If you didn't watch a younglings, then my guess is that you wouldn't enjoy them as an adult.

This^^^...

Every winter break the kids like to watch the Potter series. Star Wars is the cooler universe, but Potter has the better story and films, imo. Edited by goose

Every winter break the kids like to watch the Potter series. Star Wars is the cooler universe, but Potter has the better story and films, imo.

This I can agree with. I totally get the love for Star Wars and it's universe, I just find the films woeful.

Then again, I often feel the same about the Potter movies.

Kinda the rankings I thought I would see. I'm glad some of the prequels are held in higher regard than 8 & 9 by some of you. I actually have always liked the prequels for the overall storeline and many of the portrayals...particularly the villains. Obviously the pacing was messed up (60% of the storyline was crammed into Ep.3 according to Lucas), the acting was dreadful in Ep.2, Annakin should have already been a young adult in Ep.1, yadda yadda. But holy shit did Disney trash the franchise in record time. I figured they would do that after Ep.9, not hire that c-sucker Rianne Johnson to torpedo the new trilogy in the second act. It was pretty much unsalvagable at that point IMO. I hate Disney now and won't give them a goddamn dime for their streaming service.
  • Like 1

Kinda the rankings I thought I would see. I'm glad some of the prequels are held in higher regard than 8 & 9 by some of you. I actually have always liked the prequels for the overall storeline and many of the portrayals...particularly the villains. Obviously the pacing was messed up (60% of the storyline was crammed into Ep.3 according to Lucas), the acting was dreadful in Ep.2, Annakin should have already been a young adult in Ep.1, yadda yadda. But holy shit did Disney trash the franchise in record time. I figured they would do that after Ep.9, not hire that c-sucker Rianne Johnson to torpedo the new trilogy in the second act. It was pretty much unsalvagable at that point IMO. I hate Disney now and won't give them a goddamn dime for their streaming service.

Midiclorins, Jar Jar, and little Anakin were enjoyable?

The worst of the lot imho is Episode 8 but other than a few light saber battles, the prequels aren’t watchable either

The worst of the lot imho is Episode 8 but other than a few light saber battles, the prequels aren’t watchable either

"Yadda yadda" was supposed to cover Midiclorians and JarJar, as well as the campy CGI in Ep.2, recasting grown Anakin, yadda yaddda. But I did mention Anakin should have been a young adult in Ep.1, so the movie wouldn't have turned into the goddamn Rocketeer. Ep.1 should have had him already digging on Padme and setting the stage for some brownchickenbrowncow. And then maybe he could have gotten f***ed up by the end of Ep.2 and we all get to see the true Darth Vader f**k a bunch of Jedis up by Ep.3.

"Yadda yadda" was supposed to cover Midiclorians and JarJar, as well as the campy CGI in Ep.2, recasting grown Anakin, yadda yaddda. But I did mention Anakin should have been a young adult in Ep.1, so the movie wouldn't have turned into the goddamn Rocketeer. Ep.1 should have had him already digging on Padme and setting the stage for some brownchickenbrowncow. And then maybe he could have gotten f***ed up by the end of Ep.2 and we all get to see the true Darth Vader f**k a bunch of Jedis up by Ep.3.

Episode 2 is entirely unwatchable. It would be #37 on my list

Yadda yadda bla bla bla should’ve could’ve...it didn’t happen. What we got is what we got. Cheap kid Anakin and cheap young adult Anakin, that dumb salamander gungan (or however you spell it), and the sudden intro of midiclorins that apparently we all have