A Yes Poll

Lorraine

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the three do you love the best?

• Fragile
    • Close To The Edge
    • Can't decide.
    • None of them. I don't like Yes at all.
    • Other

I'll toss in another, The Yes Album, and I would rank that selection of 4 like this:

Close To The Edge

The Yes Album

Fragile

• Like 3

Even tho I saw Yes live 2 summers ago, at first row. (It was at a festival, and I was waiting for Ozzy Osbourne to go on stage, he would play after!) I am not a fan at all of them. Musical they are skilled, but I just can't get into their music.

I voted Fragile, but could go with CTTE over it on any given day. I go back and forth. Those two albums display radically different moods, to my ears.

And as for Trevor Rabin, there’s a decent amount of Yes music with him that I have not heard- but from what I do know, I could never place him above Steve Howe. Howe is one of the most versatile guitarists I can think of.

• Like 1

I've liked Yes a lot. As for voting, I picked by choosing "Can't Decide" because how much I like their material of songs, and music, when Jon, was the lead singer in the band, and group. For comparing between Steve Howe, and Trevor Rabin, I've liked both guitarists equally. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

I voted Fragile, but could go with CTTE over it on any given day. I go back and forth. Those two albums display radically different moods, to my ears.

And as for Trevor Rabin, there’s a decent amount of Yes music with him that I have not heard- but from what I do know, I could never place him above Steve Howe. Howe is one of the most versatile guitarists I can think of.

Totally agree. Rabin’s wankery got him undeserved preference over Howe - which is insane.

And I love Rabin’s playing. But Howe is a master.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 1

Even tho I saw Yes live 2 summers ago, at first row. (It was at a festival, and I was waiting for Ozzy Osbourne to go on stage, he would play after!) I am not a fan at all of them. Musical they are skilled, but I just can't get into their music.

I can imagine.

They’re old now, with no original members participating. They have a lead singer exhibiting no personality of his own, imitating a much better performer.

Get Geddy Lee and Jon Anderson in that band

• Like 1

As a full album, 90125.

All the talent and showmanship, minus any and all excess.

Their best album by miles IMO. So Rabin has to get some of the credit.

I thought his voice was a good compliment to Jon's. His guitar playing wasn't too shabby either, but he's no Steve.

• Like 2

As a full album, 90125.

I thought his voice was a good compliment to Jon's. His guitar playing wasn't too shabby either, but he's no Steve.

Howe’s playing doesn’t do much for me. That doesn’t mean he stinks. It just doesn’t move me at all.

As a full album, 90125.

By miles? Surely you jest. While it's a fine album, it is no where near the brilliance of their 70's output. Edited by Mithrandir

As a full album, 90125.

By miles? Surely you jest. While it's a fine album, it is no where near the brilliance of their 70's output.

I like their 70s stuff. 90125 is the only album of theirs I truly love though.

• Like 1

As a full album, 90125.

By miles? Surely you jest. While it's a fine album, it is no where near the brilliance of their 70's output.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

• Like 5

One of the best moments in rock and roll history. :) Geddy must've been beside himself doing this with a band he grew up loving long before Rush became famous.

http://youtu.be/Mjm10iXTon4

I've watched this video so many times, Geddy was doing great and I love Roundabout!

• Like 2

One of the best moments in rock and roll history. :) Geddy must've been beside himself doing this with a band he grew up loving long before Rush became famous.

http://youtu.be/Mjm10iXTon4

I've watched this video so many times, Geddy was doing great and I love Roundabout!

Me too. :)

You can tell Geddy was pleased as anything to be there. Can you imagine how he felt?

• Like 2

As a full album, 90125.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

BogusYesFan

• Like 3