A Yes Poll

Lorraine

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the three do you love the best?

• Fragile
    • Close To The Edge
    • Can't decide.
    • None of them. I don't like Yes at all.
    • Other

As a full album, 90125.

All the talent and showmanship, minus any and all excess.

Their best album by miles IMO. So Rabin has to get some of the credit.

By miles? Surely you jest. While it's a fine album, it is no where near the brilliance of their 70's output.

I like their 70s stuff. 90125 is the only album of theirs I truly love though.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

BogusYesFan™

Real fans vote for Tales of Topographic Oceans

• Like 5

Maybe, the person, who we know has said about Van Halen's first six c.ds, and albums are, and have been better, than ninety-five percent of the other music out there, by trying to influence us for saying that, he would like, and might like to try saying that on, and in another public, and community forum post.

As a full album, 90125.

By miles? Surely you jest. While it's a fine album, it is no where near the brilliance of their 70's output.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

BogusYesFan™

Real fans ™ vote for Tales of Topographic Oceans

:eh:

• Like 2

Maybe, the person, who we know has said about Van Halen's first six c.ds, and albums are, and have been better, than ninety-five percent of the other music out there, by trying to influence us for saying that, he would like, and might like to try saying that on, and in another public, and community forum post.

Well said.

• Like 2

As a full album, 90125.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

BogusYesFan™

Real fans vote for Tales of Topographic Oceans

Real fans know that the album is called Tales From Topographic Oceans. ;)

And it is an incredible album! But comparing a great double album to great single albums is just not appropriate.

• Like 1

Isn’t this a public, and community forum?

You should start or begin, or commence, or initiate, a thread, or post, or topic listing every album that is better, or more enjoyable, or of superior quality than the great VH’s first 6 albums or releases, or CDs, or cassettes, but you have to also list every album ever released, or publicly available so I can check your math.

You should start or begin, or commence, or initiate, a thread, or post, or topic listing every album that is better, or more enjoyable, or of superior quality than the great VH’s first 6 albums or releases, or CDs, or cassettes, but you have to also list every album ever released, or publicly available so I can check your math.

you mean math, or arithmetic, or calculations, or cipherin'.

• Like 1

As a full album, 90125.

^^^Not a real fan...

;)

BogusYesFan™

Real fans ™ vote for Tales of Topographic Oceans

Real fans ™ know that the album is called Tales From Topographic Oceans. ;)

And it is an incredible album! But comparing a great double album to great single albums is just not appropriate.

You pass the real fan test!

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

As a side note there aren't many single albums that could stand up to that 6 album run, and there aren't many 6 album runs that could stand up to it either.

• Like 2

As a side note there aren't many single albums that could stand up to that 6 album run, and there aren't many 6 album runs that could stand up to it either.

Very unusual to catch lightning in a bottle and keep it there.

• Like 1

Very unusual to catch lightning in a bottle and keep it there.

Lightning is exactly how I think of EVH. There's electric guitar, and then there's electric guitar.

• Like 1

As a full album, 90125.

I thought his voice was a good compliment to Jon's. His guitar playing wasn't too shabby either, but he's no Steve.

Steve blew my mind live. :notworthy:
  • Like 2

90125 is where I was introduced to Yes, and, yes [pun perhaps intended], through MTV's heavy rotation of "Owner . . ." I think the next album I bought was the Live: The Solos from that tour, which was a lot more like "classic" Yes, so from there I worked my way backwards, but that first experience of the band is still the best. Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 3

90125 is where I was introduced to Yes, and, yes [pun perhaps intended], through MTV's heavy rotation of "Owner . . ." I think the next album I bought was the Live: The Solos from that tour, which was a lot more like "classic" Yes, so from there I worked my way backwards, but that first experience of the band is still the best.

Me too! Same thing - I bought 90125 and then "Live..."

What the hell were they thinking with that Live release? I needed more than that!

• Like 3

From a review re: 90125 ...

I will always prefer a solid pop album over a dogshit prog one. Writing a set of catchy, concise and effective tunes is potentially just as much a challenge as penning a grandiose epic; it just requires a separate set of skills. Yes had long-since established themselves as masters of the latter, and the decade prior to the release of 90125 was filled with lasting testaments to their skill as a band.

• Like 1

this may get my ass kicked but i'm me so......

i've fell out of love with Yes entirely.

Mick

What? But... how??

bloated.....up their own asses. jon anderson's vocals are just fukkin' goofy.

Bleh.

Mick

Wow, I did not except to hear that from you. That's too bad. :(

The Solos Tour - Yes 1976.

This was the peak of my Yes listening years. I Lost touch during Going For the One, Tormato and Drama years as I thought the musical was subpar but came back for 90125 and forward.

I loved and played Big Generator a lot !!!

I saw Yes many many times over the years. The Solos Tour was especially good.

http://youtu.be/DYx7ik-btYo

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Went with Close To The Edge. Relayer is probably my favorite Yes album but was not part of the poll.

Not too big on Trevor Rabin. Very technically good but it's not the sort of thing that I'm into. Kind of like why I never got big into Vai, Satriani, etc....

Saw them together on stage during the Union tour. Rabin's solo was probably better. But, Howe played Clap for his solo, so you knew what was coming.

Plus I love the old school Gibsons that Howe plays.

This "Yes Poll" thread hasn't, and didn't take an interesting turn, and anything else like one other particular person, who we know decided to say. It's been about Yes' music, and songs, and not any other band's, group's, and artist's. Before she said anything else, especially to really good people, she should always have a good attitude towards them, and shouldn't have felt alone, while being married. Without knowing anything else, and realizing, some people like to do a lot of talk. For other people, other certain ones should leave a better lasting impression, than having to use course language, and swear. For whatever the topic threads are including music, I usually do stick to them. For having a stroke, and anything else, I haven't had, and don't have any problems, and issues. By the way, I took that as a joke. Edited by Derek19