MLB Umpires Agree To An Automated Ball-Strike System

Principled Man

Computer plate umpires could be called up to the major leagues at some point during the next five seasons.

Umpires agreed to cooperate with Major League Baseball in the development and testing of an automated ball-strike system as part of a five-year labor contract announced Saturday, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press. The Major League Baseball Umpires Association also agreed to cooperate and assist if commissioner Rob Manfred decides to utilize the system at the major league level. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because those details of the deal, which is subject to ratification by both sides, had not been announced.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28348068/report-umpires-agree-mlb-test-plans-automated-strike-zone

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Infinite likes

:LOL:

My favorite is the Verlander no-call at 3:34 that leads to the inevitable homerun on the next pitch.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Computer plate umpires could be called up to the major leagues at some point during the next five seasons.

Umpires agreed to cooperate with Major League Baseball in the development and testing of an automated ball-strike system as part of a five-year labor contract announced Saturday, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press. The Major League Baseball Umpires Association also agreed to cooperate and assist if commissioner Rob Manfred decides to utilize the system at the major league level. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because those details of the deal, which is subject to ratification by both sides, had not been announced.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28348068/report-umpires-agree-mlb-test-plans-automated-strike-zone

hqdefault.jpg

“Sorry, Devil Hernandez. I’m afraid I can’t do that. YOU'RE out of here!”

• Like 2

The bigger Devil is the umpires' union, which has not held Hernandez accountable for his chronic incompetence.

The schmuck should have been dispatched long ago.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

The bigger Devil is the umpires' union, which has not held Hernandez accountable for his chronic incompetence.

Tell the union to pound sand when the contract expires.

https://www.espn.com...ted-strike-zone

hqdefault.jpg

I'm glad they agree given how abyssmal their performance is.

Straight up sucks.