Clockwork Angels Gets Well Deserved Love

JohnRogers

You know, just because Rush is my 2nd favorite band and CA would easily make my top 5 albums of the decade (who knows, maybe even #1) despite rarely spinning it anymore... I can't help feeling there are a ton of great albums not getting recognized on this list because they didn't sell enough, probably albums that would rank above CA for more listeners.

Also, Fear Inoculum at #2? The thing's only been out like a couple months, and I've heard not a small number of disappointed reviews. That position probably doesn't stand up 5, 10 years in hindsight.

Love seeing Wasting Light up there though! Despite everything I've said, that album is a streak of lightning that doesn't fade across the summer sky! :haz:

Okay looking through the whole list there are actually a lot of artists I haven't listened to, and a few I haven't even heard of, so props to the list makers for being at least somewhat inclusive. That said, there are definitely omissions that don't make much sense to me (as a mega-Muse fan, they have at least 2 great albums this decade, and at least one of them belongs in the top 50).

Where's Jack White? Below Royal Blood? I don't think so.

The Black Keys below Royal Blood is also a low blow.

Ghost Prequelle but not Meliora seems a rather odd evaluation, especially with Prequelle up so high.

Pardon me for having not listened to AC/DC's Rock or Bust, but I don't recall people gushing over it being one of the best albums of the decade ever since it came out. Heck, I don't remember people talking about it much at all? Maybe it's great, but seems like it lacked the fanfare a great AC/DC album usually comes with.

Radiohead King Of Limbs but not A Moon Shaped Pool is just a total face palm. KoL is barely rock, and calling it the greatest anything is laughable. It's a totally average, competent little record by a band with much higher standards, standards which were well met on 2016's A Moon Shaped Pool (which is far more rock than KoL).

eh.....the whole list is so so. sme i agree with. some i don't

but i will say......and this is down to taste. i don't think Foo Fighters should be on a best of list......ever.

i never got the love i just hear average rock band at best.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

eh.....the whole list is so so. sme i agree with. some i don't

but i will say......and this is down to taste. i don't think Foo Fighters should be on a best of list......ever.

i never got the love i just hear average rock band at best.

Mick

oof, love the Foos. You're right about the taste thing though.

• Like 1

Clockwork would definitely be in my Top 3. My #1 would be Styx - The Mission but its likely CA would be a close 2nd,

Another astounding omission. Best thing put out by nearly any AOR band since the early 80s (Toto might be an exception there).

• Like 1

Clockwork would definitely be in my Top 3. My #1 would be Styx - The Mission but its likely CA would be a close 2nd,

Another astounding omission. Best thing put out by nearly any AOR band since the early 80s (Toto might be an exception there).

I love the whole damn album its to great. (Not only saying that just because I like all Styx stuff ;] ) And it's also very likely theres a new album in the works.

• Like 1

I've been glad to see Rush's Clockwork Angels, Iron Maiden's Book of Souls, Judas Priest's Firepower, Def Leppard's Def Leppard, Metallica's Hardwired... to Self-Destruct, and especially even recognizing David Bowie's Blackstar, and the Next Day as he, and they all do deserve to make it, and by being on a list of "Fifty Best Rock Compact Disks, and Albums of the 2010s". Edited by Derek19