Marvel's "Black Widow" Official Trailer

Principled Man

Too many superhero movies!!!

3 Marvel movies this year, 1 by Fox. Nothing by DC as far as I remember. And then there’s the Brightburn movie.

Pick any other movie genre and there are way more releases.

I guess.

Just in the horror genre alone this year : 31...and that includes Brightburn though I included it as superhero. It IS more horror than anything else.

Oh yeah, DC had Joker.

IMHO, the problem isn’t too many superhero movies, it’s too many CRAP superhero movies (and movies in general)!

2019 for me...

Avengers Endgame : disappointed with many bits though there were some great moments

Spidey Far From Home : kind of annoying for the most part

X-Men Dark Phoenix : absolute garbage

Joker : great

Brightburn : okay yet a bit too predictable

Hope they don’t make David Harbor’s Red Guardian a comedic character. Hope they don’t do that with the movie either because they’d really be missing the mark with the tone of what it should be.

Red Guardian looks like an easy target for some forced humor. We can count on some forced humor in the film.

I’m on the fence with this film. I might go see it, but it looks like a very predictable plot. Lots of fighting, outrageous physical stunts, and close up shots on Johanssen, where she’s striking a pose.

Hope they don’t make David Harbor’s Red Guardian a comedic character. Hope they don’t do that with the movie either because they’d really be missing the mark with the tone of what it should be.

Red Guardian looks like an easy target for some forced humor. We can count on some forced humor in the film.

I’m on the fence with this film. I might go see it, but it looks like a very predictable plot. Lots of fighting, outrageous physical stunts, and close up shots on Johanssen, where she’s striking a pose.

Yeah I can imagine Red Guardian not being what he should be character-wise. Tonally, the movie should be closer to Winter Soldier than anything else. No jokey characters in that even if there might’ve been a few funny lines somewhere.

I’ll see this but the MCU has been letting me down more and more in the last few years.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

3 Marvel movies this year, 1 by Fox. Nothing by DC as far as I remember. And then there’s the Brightburn movie.

I don't think he's talking about just this year though. Overall there has been too many of them over the last several years.

I don't think he's talking about just this year though. Overall there has been too many of them over the last several years.

The volume still doesn’t stack up to other genres. Someone not liking them is understandable. But 5-10 of them per year from Marvel, Fox, DC, and whoever combined isn’t that much really. An entire movie genre and there are maybe just 5-10 of them per year? That’s not much. Just thinking about Marvel Cinematic Universe, the most prolific, they’ve made 22 movies since 2008. How many cop movies have there been since then? Horror movies? Fantasy? etc Surely, tons more.

The volume still doesn’t stack up to other genres. Someone not liking them is understandable. But 5-10 of them per year from Marvel, Fox, DC, and whoever combined isn’t that much really. An entire movie genre and there are maybe just 5-10 of them per year? That’s not much. Just thinking about Marvel Cinematic Universe, the most prolific, they’ve made 22 movies since 2008. How many cop movies have there been since then? Horror movies? Fantasy? etc Surely, tons more.

You don't think some of those genres/sub-genres are much broader with more potential for variation? Edited by goose

You don't think some of those genres/sub-genres are much broader with more potential for variation?

Well, the difference, for example, between the Joker and Aquaman movies is massive but virtually everyone would group them together.

Marvel’s growing problem is that yeah, more of their movies ARE becoming too similar. Thor isn’t Iron Man but the more recent characterization of Thor is becoming more like Iron Man unfortunately with all the jokes and quips.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I guess.

Just in the horror genre alone this year : 31...and that includes Brightburn though I included it as superhero. It IS more horror than anything else.

Oh yeah, DC had Joker.

IMHO, the problem isn’t too many superhero movies, it’s too many CRAP superhero movies (and movies in general)!

2019 for me...

Avengers Endgame : disappointed with many bits though there were some great moments

Of all the movies you just mentioned I only bothered to see one. That was Averngers Endgame and I agree with your comments about it. Some good moments but basically I found it to be a bore. I almost nodded off to sleep on multiple occasions. Pity since the first part of it was good. The last superhero movie I really liked was Cap Marvel. Saw it a couple of times. Fact is, I would go further and say that it and Wonder Woman have been the 2 best Superhero movies (IMO).

I guess.

Oh yeah, DC had Joker.

2019 for me...

Of all the movies you just mentioned I only bothered to see one. That was Averngers Endgame and I agree with your comments about it. Some good moments but basically I found it to be a bore. I almost nodded off to sleep on multiple occasions. Pity since the first part of it was good. The last superhero movie I really liked was Cap Marvel. Saw it a couple of times. Fact is, I would go further and say that it and Wonder Woman have been the 2 best Superhero movies (IMO).

Oh, I forgot about Cap Marvel. Wasn’t a big fan of the sex changing of characters and absolute retooling of them which went on. Didn’t feel much drama or dire situations in it.

Wonder Woman was a very pleasant surprise. I watched it a couple of times and would check it again for sure

I've watched the "Black Widow" official trailer, and I think it might not be a bad movie. With "Captain Marvel", and "Wonder Woman", I'll probably won't watch it in, and at the theatre. D.C., has "Shazam!", and "Joker", is a D.C. comic's character, but the movie is a standalone non-D.C.EU one. Dark House Comics, has "Hellboy", which is a reboot movie. Edited by Derek19

Taskmaster looks like he's ready to go skiing. They should've taken notes from the PS4 Spider-Man game. He looked sweet in that. Not really stoked for this one.

Yeah, he looks like stinking Power Ranger! I didn’t even recognize him until the second viewing. And I’m not liking this first look at Red Guardian. The beard is fine but the fat and jokey bit is not.

I can't keep track of them though I admit I don't try at all. A friend is trying to convince me to watch all the Marvel (Universe?) movies in some sort of sequence but it's too steep a hill to climb for me. I'm not into comics but to the extent I am I'm kind of a DC guy; Miller's Batman and Moore's Swamp Thing (and to a lesser extent Watchmen) are the only comics that really really grabbed me. I did watch and really enjoy the Guardians of the Galaxy movies though, but those didn't feature costumed superheroes that I recall.

It looks potentially entertaining. It might have been better if Marvel had somehow managed to fit in a Black Widow film or two before we arrived at Endgame, rather than doing things out of sequence. Edited by Vectorman

Vectorman, you might want to be careful with spoilers with not too distant past MCU movies. Not for me but for other forum members who haven’t seen them yet. Just sayin’

Exactly. That was a spoiler for me. I usually catch up with theatrical films after they've come out on DVD.

• Like 1

Vectorman, you might want to be careful with spoilers with not too distant past MCU movies. Not for me but for other forum members who haven’t seen them yet. Just sayin’

Exactly. That was a spoiler for me. I usually catch up with theatrical films after they've come out on DVD.

Damn! Since I like many of these MCU movies, I was hoping he edited the post before one of you guys saw it.