Jump to content


FARTS...

an old euphemism

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

My Nest door neighbor at out main house in Saline, 'B', used to call em odoriFEEous Zephyrs, but I found out from our Encyclopedia Britanica that the correct term is odoriFERous Zephyrs.  I told him this at a party in July '77. I was into recording these parties on cassettes, rerecorded these on minidiscs in the mid '90s, now I listen to this every night.
Posted ImagetoPosted Image
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 30 November 2019 - 02:17 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 ozzy85

ozzy85

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3695 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the deep dark forest where the wolves run.
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:29 PM

You were listening to farts on a cassette?

#3 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

View Postozzy85, on 30 November 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

You were listening to farts on a cassette?

Kinda.  you didn't hear anything, because who ever was farting didn't do it on the recorder, but you could tell because of the friends and I reacting to the stench...lol but yes, I do have a tape I recorded farts on from 'back in the day' !
Posted Image

#4 canadianice

canadianice

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3743 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

#5 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69537 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.
sharts

#6 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

Under the right circumstances those can be funny though.

#7 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32976 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

Under the right circumstances those can be funny though.

A quiet moment during Sunday mass with a full congregation?

#8 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 31286 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

My farts smell like a hearty beef stew.

#9 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 01 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

Under the right circumstances those can be funny though.

A quiet moment during Sunday mass with a full congregation?

That reminds me of this guy I used to work with. There were a few times during luch where the breakroom went completely quiet for a minute and he would rip a loud one to break the silence. He only did it a few times in the couple years I worked with him but it usually got a good laugh from most of us. He would also pretend like he needed help with something only for the person he was asking for help to come over and find out he just let a real stinker go and he would laugh his ass off.

That guy knew how to use his emissions for comedy.

#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32976 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 01 December 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

My farts smell like a hearty beef stew.

One man’s hearty beef stew is another man’s gas chamber.

#11 canadianice

canadianice

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3743 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

View Postgoose, on 01 December 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.
sharts
LOL

#12 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32976 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 01 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

Under the right circumstances those can be funny though.

A quiet moment during Sunday mass with a full congregation?

That reminds me of this guy I used to work with. There were a few times during luch where the breakroom went completely quiet for a minute and he would rip a loud one to break the silence. He only did it a few times in the couple years I worked with him but it usually got a good laugh from most of us. He would also pretend like he needed help with something only for the person he was asking for help to come over and find out he just let a real stinker go and he would laugh his ass off.

That guy knew how to use his emissions for comedy.

Some guys would be able to get away with that and reap the rewards of a roomful of laughter. If I did it, I’d be a social outcast with people whispering as I walked in the room, “There’s that gross Blaze guy. He farted in a staff meeting a few years back.”

#13 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 01 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 01 December 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.

Under the right circumstances those can be funny though.

A quiet moment during Sunday mass with a full congregation?

That reminds me of this guy I used to work with. There were a few times during luch where the breakroom went completely quiet for a minute and he would rip a loud one to break the silence. He only did it a few times in the couple years I worked with him but it usually got a good laugh from most of us. He would also pretend like he needed help with something only for the person he was asking for help to come over and find out he just let a real stinker go and he would laugh his ass off.

That guy knew how to use his emissions for comedy.

I knew a guy who used to go across the main street and eat at McDonalds. He must've liked Big Macs. because they gave him the most incomparable gas.  he would gas out the whole head of the line sometimes....I used to get a good gas attack after eating at White Castle.  I used to go there quite frequently.  Double cheese White Castles and Onion chips. Still do sometimes...even though I don't get cheese on them anymore...and  I'm not aware that they give me the farts anymore either...
Posted Image

#14 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 01 December 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 01 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good thing they were not Wet ones.
sharts
LOL

I've always believed a fart was the ghost of a turd...
Posted Image

#15 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2909 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

I guess some folks never heard of "the great crepitation contest."

Edited by pjbear05, 09 December 2019 - 09:28 PM.


#16 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 31286 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:52 PM

What is the science behind water changing my farts from a hearty beef stew to some kind of wretched stank? Like when in the shower.

Edited by JohnRogers, 09 December 2019 - 09:52 PM.


#17 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4382 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

I love to fart in public places and embarrass my kids.

#18 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 84812 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:14 AM

View Postedhunter, on 09 December 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

I love to fart in public places and embarrass my kids.
My father used to fart in stores and he couldn't care less if anyone heard him.

#19 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4382 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

 Babycat, on 10 December 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

 edhunter, on 09 December 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

I love to fart in public places and embarrass my kids.
My father used to fart in stores and he couldn't care less if anyone heard him.

I'm not your father.

#20 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 09 December 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

I guess some folks never heard of "the great crepitation contest."

I had a friend who made me aware of this and taped a bit of it to listen to.  This is still available online.  It was made by The Canadian Sports Broadcast...
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 11 December 2019 - 01:44 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users