Happy 7th Anniversary, Lorraine !!

blueschica

:ebert: Happy, happy 7th Anniversary, Lorraine !! :ebert: Happy anniversary to someone who is really the caring center of TRF. It's great to have you here! We care for you and support you!

U1POnYP.jpgir6tKxbl.pngLOs0pqa.gif

• Like 4

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LORRAINE!!! So what was it 7 years ago that drew you to this place?

That was back in the days when I had dial-up. I spent an entire day trying to load Long Distance Warning and Tom Sawyer on Youtube. No small feat considering I would only get two seconds of video for every 7 seconds.

I listened to them over and over and over again once I got them. You can't do that anymore on Youtube - you can't listen to a song more than once (maybe they changed it back - I've had high speed now for almost 4 years I think :)).

Anyway, I started doing searches for Rush and I found the main Rush place and they had Rush forums listed. Me, who never picks the right thing ever (even if I only have two choices), actually picked the right forum.

And here I am 7 years later! As many others here have said, I came for the band and stayed for the people. I don't think any other band has fans like Rush fans. Rush fans are unique. Rush has every reason to be proud of their fans. They are a credit to them, and say more about Rush than their music ever could.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

"Happy 7th Anniversary, Lorraine". I haven't forgotten. You're welcome. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LORRAINE!!! So what was it 7 years ago that drew you to this place?

That was back in the days when I had dial-up. I spent an entire day trying to load Long Distance Warning and Tom Sawyer on Youtube. No small feat considering I would only get two seconds of video for every 7 seconds.

I listened to them over and over and over again once I got them. You can't do that anymore on Youtube - you can't listen to a song more than once (maybe they changed it back - I've had high speed now for almost 4 years I think :)).

Anyway, I started doing searches for Rush and I found the main Rush place and they had Rush forums listed. Me, who never picks the right thing ever (even if I only have two choices), actually picked the right forum.

And here I am 7 years later! As many others here have said, I came for the band and stayed for the people. I don't think any other band has fans like Rush fans. Rush fans are unique. Rush has every reason to be proud of their fans. They are a credit to them, and say more about Rush than their music ever could.

I wanted to add something to this.

We live in a big world. I've met people from all around it on here. But no matter whether the member lives in the usa or not, I often think to myself that if I had never joined this forum, I would most probably have lived my life without ever knowing you. Many of you have made my life that much richer for having known you. Not sure that's the word I want to use - richer - but I can't think of another one right now.

• Like 6

I wanted to add something to this.

We live in a big world. I've met people from all around it on here. But no matter whether the member lives in the usa or not, I often think to myself that if I had never joined this forum, I would most probably have lived my life without ever knowing you. Many of you have made my life that much richer for having known you. Not sure that's the word I want to use - richer - but I can't think of another one right now.

Amen!

• Like 3