THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.24

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I've got another show in Cleveland with Devy next month. I gotta find out if Opeth was a fluke or if the audiences there are just bad in general.

The pit was way more aggressive and flat out mean than usual. Dudes were elbowing each other in the head. One guy got sparta kicked in the balls.

This is where I go “Cleveland are normies.” if they think Opeth the band perfect for moshing & elbowing.

Honestly, this is probably the best I’ve seen Baroness. And to preempt the question that I was gonna get asked: yes I was in the audience that night.

Too bad the album is unlistenable cause the songs are pretty good if not a bit inconsistent.

i'm still grinding with my own music a little bit. still don't wanna say much about it, obviously it won't be a career or even a "second job" sort of deal, but i'll be happy with what i do get out of it... if i attain my fairly realistic goal with this.

If I or yourself can be in the place my friend Thom is (stable day job but flexible enough to put out music and/or play a few shows on one’s own terms), that to me is success in the music industry/lifestyle/whatever you wanna call it.

i didn’t know thom yorke had a day job! ������������������������������������

and i dont expect to make any money from my music but maybe?

No. Thom who plays in the band Planning For Burial.

I don’t expect to make money either when I finally decide to put out my sound art/noise/whatever it ends up being but really my goal is to form my own artistic identity, and put out something that’s sincere knowingly it’s niche. Then from there, probably play a show or get myself involved in a community w/like minded artists.

i'm in the phase of entering a community of likeminded artists right now, feels good.

When I think about it though, I’m ALREADY in a community of likeminded artists because the community I’m a part of the is at my workplace and to a lesser extent my friends in the Flenser fam/group on FB. Granted I come from a guitar driven background, but the common ground that ties me to both is experimentation and a curiosity to get out of the traditional band formula which I’ve honestly lost interest in.
  • Like 1

these last couple days have been rough

sometimes i get so overwhelmed that i just kinda shut down, everything basically goes 2d and doesn't feel real.

i recommend therapy

the only downside to therapy is that it doesn't actually fix a single problem

other than that it's great

only if you have a good therapist and follow certain recommendations you believe will actually help. otherwise its completely useless and maybe even harmful?