JohnRogers

Star Wars is back baby! If you’re old school Star Wars wondering what the life of a Solo like smuggler might be or played Star Wars roll playing games this is up your alley. Enough of the clichés.

The rich universe is displayed in a smaller, more intimate scale while still feeling vast. What is surviving in the post empire environment all about? Who is this Mandalorian? The episode started off fun if not predictable but ends with a hook that is a home run.

Only complaint there is no preview for the next episode. WTF?

• Like 2

What a beautiful show. Wow. Chock full of gorgeous cinematography, and nostaligia / easter eggs.

And that ending is indeed a spectacular hook, baby.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I'll make it three "yes" votes -- it was good. It set a tone, established some tension, and with a minimum of cutesy cringyness. Looking forward to the second episode on Friday.

For the record, I prefer the Netflix "binge mode" model of release.

• Like 2

I'll make it three "yes" votes -- it was good. It set a tone, established some tension, and with a minimum of cutesy cringyness. Looking forward to the second episode on Friday.

I like the option of diving right into a second episode. I certainly would have fired up episode two immediately.

• Like 2

The horse whisperer scene was almost cringe worthy.

I like the option of diving right into a second episode. I certainly would have fired up episode two immediately.

The horse whisperer scene was almost cringe worthy.

Oops quoted myself.

Felt the same way. Had to go looking for more content instead. Maybe that's what Disney wanted - to get us to explore the service.

I ended up watching part of Rogue One though.... didn't stray too far from the SW universe.

Also, wasn't happy that the thing was only 40 minutes long. Sure, 40 mins of quality.... but another 10 minutes of episode would have been nice.

Edited by grep

Man, that episode was only 30 minutes long! I guess I don't know what I expected, but maybe something more like an hour?

Anyway, I liked it. A lot of cute baby, but cool events otherwise (I'm trying not to spoiler, if people are saving up the experience). So far, we've got Better Call Saul levels of pacing -- long stretches punctuated by brief bursts.

Or, to compare it to another show I -- as they did at The Ringer -- it's like Justified, but in space.

Seeing Carl Weathers was a trip, lol.

Mick

He still looks pretty good, doesn't he?

i don't see him often so i screamed, APOLLO, lol.

he looks great.

Mick

Dillon: Thanks....

Mac: Any time.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7l5wxFcWw1qzp2doo1_500.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Okay, I'm off to watch episode two.

This was a bit of a let let down, a little too predictable, a little too cute. I did enjoy the Monty Python homagé provided by the Jawas.

Bring on episode 3.

I'm loving it, I've just been spoiled by the other streaming services and want the rest now.

see to me. this is a drawback. i hated waiting week to week BEFORE streaming. so eventually i'd wait for the DVD'S of shows to drop so i could binge. than streaming came and i loved it.

so disney plus's week to week old style doesn't work for me personally

But that's me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I really liked the first two episodes. After the clusterfuck the last movie was, it's nice to see people who get the Star Wars universe and know how to make it enjoyable and fun again.

i re-watched TLJ. what a convoluted film. Trying SO HARD to be BIG and important yet failing miserably. it was hard to get through.

Mick

• Like 2

I really liked the first two episodes. After the clusterfuck the last movie was, it's nice to see people who get the Star Wars universe and know how to make it enjoyable and fun again.

i re-watched TLJ. what a convoluted film. Trying SO HARD to be BIG and important yet failing miserably. it was hard to get through.

Mick

My son and I were discussing this morning how, after the original, Star Wars "films" essentially became 30-minute episodes chopped up and edited together as one movie. TLJ is a great example of that recipe failing.
  • Like 1

Yeah! It was very Wick. The scene when all the tracking fobs go off was the ditto to all the phones going off when Wick's contract went live.

Great episode if you're liking the show; if you're not liking it, it probably wouldn't have convinced you, but as I'm liking it, I thought it was great. Actual dialogue, emotional stakes, stuff getting blowed up real good, tension set up for later.

I'll be home basking in the cathode rays, watching episode four, whilst others may be Black Friday shopping . . .

• Like 2