Ozzy have released a new single, his first in 10 years and it's great!

YYZumbi

He should have brought someone in with some real energy and creativity and BALLS. A man called Ronnie James Dio brought such a guy into the fold from nowhere, here's the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO53tkuvtpg

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that for Ozzy to get.

Yeah there's no one obvious.

And as for youtube guys most of them are good learning and playing well known songs but not so good at coming up with great new stuff, or any new stuff in most cases.

He should have brought someone in with some real energy and creativity and BALLS. A man called Ronnie James Dio brought such a guy into the fold from nowhere, here's the result:

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that or not for Ozzy to get.

Social media begs to differ. Didn't Priest snatch up Richie Faulkner from YouTube or something like that? There are tons of insanely talented guitarists on the internet. If I were an established metal artist looking for a new guitarist, I'd start there.

Ozzy doesn't know youtube from a tube of toothpaste!

But Sharon does!

Yeah but Sharon doesn't know shit about musicians and doesn't care if Ozzy has good ones. Do think Ozzy would have hired Randy, Jake and Gillis if it was down to Sharon to find them?

• Like 1

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that or not for Ozzy to get.

Social media begs to differ. Didn't Priest snatch up Richie Faulkner from YouTube or something like that? There are tons of insanely talented guitarists on the internet. If I were an established metal artist looking for a new guitarist, I'd start there.

But Sharon does!

Yeah but Sharon doesn't know shit about musicians and doesn't care if Ozzy has good ones. Do think Ozzy would have hired Randy, Jake and Gillis if it was down to Sharon to find them?

Fair point...Ozzy should get a new manager.

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that for Ozzy to get.

And as for youtube guys most of them are good learning and playing well known songs but not so good at coming up with great new stuff, or any new stuff in most cases.

I doubt its ever going to get any easier to find true ingenuity or writing talent among musicians. Probably just as many great writers today as there ever have been, buried beneath mounds of insanely talented players who original stuff is pretty dull.

But Sharon does!

Fair point...Ozzy should get a new manager.

Sharon won't let him!

• Like 2

Wouldn't you know, I was right thinking he had something stuck in his head from when he worked with Post Malone. The start of Ozzy's new song is basically a rehash of the start of this one.

To be completely honest, I kind of prefer the Post Malone song.

I doubt its ever going to get any easier to find true ingenuity or writing talent among musicians. Probably just as many great writers today as there ever have been, buried beneath mounds of insanely talented players who original stuff is pretty dull.

I think guys who came along in the 60's and 70's were riding that wave of inspiration from 50's rock n roll and blues, Elvis, The Beatles, Stones, Yardbirds, Kinks, Who, Hendrix, Cream and then the 80's and 90's kids were riding the second wave of inspiration on top of that, that of Sabbath, Purple, Led Zep, Queen, AC/DC, RUSH, Lizzy, Rainbow, Aerosmith, KISS, Blue Oyster Cult and the prog wave of Yes, Genesis, TULL, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, UK etc as well as the Jazz/fusion wave started by Chick Corea, Johnny Mac and Miles Davis. There's no such atmosphere around today to inspire potential talent.

Wouldn't you know, I was right thinking he had something stuck in his head from when he worked with Post Malone. The start of Ozzy's new song is basically a rehash of the start of this one.

It's the same guitarist, so he's just lifting one of his own dull riffs. Ozzy can't even write fresh new songs these days, and he's had f***ing YEARS since the last one. Time to retire Ozzy, especially after being half dead in hospital for most of 2019.

• Like 2

I think guys who came along in the 60's and 70's were riding that wave of inspiration from 50's rock n roll and blues, Elvis, The Beatles, Stones, Yardbirds, Kinks, Who, Hendrix, Cream and then the 80's and 90's kids were riding the second wave of inspiration on top of that, that of Sabbath, Purple, Led Zep, Queen, AC/DC, RUSH, Lizzy, Rainbow, Aerosmith, KISS, Blue Oyster Cult and the prog wave of Yes, Genesis, TULL, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, UK etc as well as the Jazz/fusion wave started by Chick Corea, Johnny Mac and Miles Davis. There's no such atmosphere around today to inspire potential talent.

I would argue the dawn of the internet and people having access to everything they might want to hear has inspired a lot of creativity, or at least it seems like it should. If music consumption still worked today they way it worked 30 years ago, the odds of me ever listening to prog rock from the 70s or psych from the 60s, or metal from the 80s...they're pretty slim. Perhaps the challenge today is to not simply copy what your favorite musicians did, but strive to understand what drove them to create what they created, and attempt to find that drive and spark for yourself.

It's the same guitarist, so he's just lifting one of his own dull riffs. Ozzy can't even write fresh new songs these days, and he's had f***ing YEARS since the last one. Time to retire Ozzy, especially after being half dead in hospital for most of 2019.

lol about the guitarist.

I would see him on tour though, seeing as I'm 21 and want to see everyone I can before...well, you know.

• Like 1

lol about the guitarist.

I would see him on tour though, seeing as I'm 21 and want to see everyone I can before...well, you know.

I think Ozzy sang on the original version as well. So you can imagine the scene, Ozzy saying "I can't come up with any more f***ing songs! Why don't we do that one we did a while back and dress it up a bit, give it a spooky title and no one will know the difference? It might even be the single since everything else we've got is shit!"

• Like 1

I would argue the dawn of the internet and people having access to everything they might want to hear has inspired a lot of creativity, or at least it seems like it should. If music consumption still worked today they way it worked 30 years ago, the odds of me ever listening to prog rock from the 70s or psych from the 60s, or metal from the 80s...they're pretty slim. Perhaps the challenge today is to not simply copy what your favorite musicians did, but strive to understand what drove them to create what they created, and attempt to find that drive and spark for yourself.

Yeah it should but I don't think reality bears this out though, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation, we'd be talking about all the zillion great new guitarists and bands. And Ozzy would have retired due to too much competition.

• Like 1

lol about the guitarist.

I think Ozzy sang on the original version as well. So you can imagine the scene, Ozzy saying "I can't come up with any more f***ing songs! Why don't we do that one we did a while back and dress it up a bit, give it a spooky title and no one will know the difference? It might even be the single since everything else we've got is shit!"

Yes he did sing on it, but he didn't write it. He just went in and sang the melody the rapper/singer gave him.

Yeah it should but I don't think reality bears this out though, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation, we'd be talking about all the zillion great new guitarists and bands. And Ozzy would have retired due to too much competition.

You may have a point...it also may be that all the really creative stuff just isn't breaking through because most young people don't want to listen to new rock and metal.

lol about the guitarist.

Yes he did sing on it, but he didn't write it. He just went in and sang the melody the rapper/singer gave him.

So now he's not writing crap songs he's stealing crap songs! At least he couldn't stolen a good one!

• Like 1

You may have a point...it also may be that all the really creative stuff just isn't breaking through because most young people don't want to listen to new rock and metal.

They want phat ass divas with photoshopped boob pics and botox rubber lips and hair that looks like it's been shaved off the balls of a water buffalo.

lol about the guitarist.

So now he's not writing crap songs he's stealing crap songs! At least he couldn't stolen a good one!

I mean, as a fan of some trap and modern "r&b" (which bears no resemblance to rhythm and blues music), I think the Post Malone song is pretty good, with some decent guitar shredding at the end for effect. But does the same musical idea work in Ozzy's rehash for his solo album, I don't really think so. Not really sure he needs to be writing such commercial friendly music after having been featured on a popular song from one of the most popular artists of the past couple years. he could just take that exposure and use it to get people to at least give one listen to some pure, unadulterated Ozzy-brand metal.

They want phat ass divas with photoshopped boob pics and botox rubber lips and hair that looks like it's been shaved off the balls of a water buffalo.

Nah, want they really want right now is something to "vibe" to. I'd recommend some cool jazz, but I think it's not emo enough for them.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

lol about the guitarist.

I mean, as a fan of some trap and modern "r&b" (which bears no resemblance to rhythm and blues music), I think the Post Malone song is pretty good, with some decent guitar shredding at the end for effect. But does the same musical idea work in Ozzy's rehash for his solo album, I don't really think so. Not really sure he needs to be writing such commercial friendly music after having been featured on a popular song from one of the most popular artists of the past couple years. he could just take that exposure and use it to get people to at least give one listen to some pure, unadulterated Ozzy-brand metal.

Ozzy hasn't got a clue without Iommi, Randy, Bob Daisley, Geezer Butler, Jake, Zakk or even Gus G. This was probably Adam Watt's own idea because he couldn't think of anything better either. It all comes back to Ozzy hiring the wrong guy again.

• Like 3

lol about the guitarist.

Ozzy hasn't got a clue without Iommi, Randy, Bob Daisley, Geezer Butler, Jake, Zakk or even Gus G. This was probably Adam Watt's own idea because he couldn't think of anything better either. It all comes back to Ozzy hiring the wrong guy again.

I can't disagree with you there. Maybe he should just ditch metal for a while and go sing on more trap songs till Sharon realizes what a commercial flop that would be and gets him back with some great musicians.

lol about the guitarist.

I can't disagree with you there. Maybe he should just ditch metal for a while and go sing on more trap songs till Sharon realizes what a commercial flop that would be and gets him back with some great musicians.

Supposedly Ozzy wrote some songs with Steve Stevens but then nothing happened. He should have recorded some songs with him and it could have been a decent album. I don't know why he didn't just get someone like Doug Aldrich, he did a great job with Dio and Whiteshake, I'm sure he could have put down a few killer songs.

• Like 2

lol about the guitarist.

Supposedly Ozzy wrote some songs with Steve Stevens but then nothing happened. He should have recorded some songs with him and it could have been a decent album. I don't know why he didn't just get someone like Doug Aldrich, he did a great job with Dio and Whiteshake, I'm sure he could have put down a few killer songs.

He should work with Kim Thayil. That would be really interesting.

• Like 1

lol about the guitarist.

Ozzy is more likely to work with Kim Kardashian the way Sharon operates these days.

• Like 2

lol about the guitarist.

Ozzy is more likely to work with Kim Kardashian the way Sharon operates these days.

Ozzy and Kanye could also be...interesting...honestly Kanye's such a wild card it would either be wicked or a train wreck, no in-between.

I don’t care about the negativity of this song that some of you write about.

Opinions are like stinky assholes. We all have one.

I keep mine very clean despite being so dirty on here.

I love all Black Sabbath. Even the Tony Martin records.

I will always beat to a different drummer and I don’t care what anyone thinks.

Enjoy your life and your opinions and passions.

I’ve always loved the OZZY solo albums so much more.

Always loved the Ronnie Dio Sabbath stuff more.

It is what it is.

For me after the No More Tears album and tour with Alice In Chains The Prince Of Darkness started to well slip into the darkness.

I always wanted to hear the vault tapes of Steve Vai on the Ozzmosis record but of course most of you so called Ozzy experts know Ozzy called in Zakk to redo the guitar parts.

I just heard this new single and I fukkkkkkking love it.

Everything has a formula. You sell records.

You sell Star Wars.

It’s a formula.

So what???

I’m a brainwashed kid from the Seventies and 80’s.

I’m going down with the Ship Of Fools I grew up with!!

I am sooooooooooooo fuckingg Happy I was born in 1968 because even though I missed some great bands in the 60s and 70s live I have lived the dream!!

God luck to all the young humans out there now!!

No playing outside until dark!

No more catching a cute girl’s eye while walking down the street.

Because everyone is on their fukkkin cell phones walking like zombies looking for their next tweet or like.

Pathetic.

The first Terminator movie will come true one day.

Lol

So cool man!

I love the new OZZY single!

Thought he was on his death bed.

He’s alive and making music.

Fukk Arcade Fire, Van Fleet and Imagine Dragons and Coldplay!

Give me real rock and roll until I die!!!

I Sold My Soul For Rock And Roll!!!!!!!!!

Oh so fuvkkingggggg fitting.......

Don’t Fear The Reaper Bitches.....

• Like 2