Ozzy have released a new single, his first in 10 years and it's great!

YYZumbi

Ozzy will release his first new studio record since Scream, that he released back in 2010. The new record will be released in early 2020. Here is the first single from the new record. What you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMAAMfHgO4Q

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

Boring.

But that's what Ozzy's solo stuff has been over the last 15 years.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

Nothing special with this song. Ordinary riff and solo, run of the mill Ozzy lyrics and vocals. He needs Tony and Geezer in order to write anything good these days. 13 proves that.

• Like 1

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

Nothing special with this song. Ordinary riff and solo, run of the mill Ozzy lyrics and vocals. He needs Tony and Geezer in order to write anything good these days. 13 proves that.

Is 13 worth my time? I've never listened to it - I'm a big fan of Brad Wilk but it seems weird with him playing in Sabbath.

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

Is 13 worth my time? I've never listened to it - I'm a big fan of Brad Wilk but it seems weird with him playing in Sabbath.

13 is a awesome record! It sounds a lot like Paranoid, some songs are very similar to songs on Paranoid.

• Like 2

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

• Like 1

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

How so? It's an opinion. I don't think you're wrong for liking it. I just feel that since Down To Earth which does have a number of good songs, that Ozzy is just putting out albums to fulfill contract and tour commitments. His last couple albums sound to me like he doesn't even want to do them at all. Nothing memorable about them. This song is the same for me.

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

How so? It's an opinion. I don't think you're wrong for liking it. I just feel that since Down To Earth which does have a number of good songs, that Ozzy is just putting out albums to fulfill contract and tour commitments. His last couple albums sound to me like he doesn't even want to do them at all. Nothing memorable about them. This song is the same for me.

She who must be obeyed is clearly the reason he's not retired.

• Like 1

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

Black Rain is a amazing record! It has some really good songs on it. And you are wrong, he do want to do them all! If he did not wanted to make the records, then he could just quit. He is a freaking millionaire, he got more money then he can spend.

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

Black Rain is a amazing record! It has some really good songs on it. And you are wrong, he do want to do them all! If he did not wanted to make the records, then he could just quit. He is a freaking millionaire, he got more money then he can spend.

See post #9

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

13 is a awesome record! It sounds a lot like Paranoid, some songs are very similar to songs on Paranoid.

Love 13. To me it sounds like a cross between the first album and maybe SBS.

I like the new Ozz song btw.

• Like 1

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

Please explain why that is. She likely makes as much money as he does.

When will people realize these guys tour and make new music cuz that's their chosen career and they love it. Anyone think McCartney's wife makes him write, record and tour? Keith Richards' wife?

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

When will people realize these guys tour and make new music cuz that's their chosen career and they love it. Anyone think McCartney's wife makes him write, record and tour? Keith Richards' wife?

Have you seen that show where he and Jack your the country (probably mostly to get away from Sharon). He's always complaining about all the shit he doesn't want to do.

Boring.

You kidding, right?...

Nope.

You are so wrong...

Well, that depends, are they the managers of their husbands careers like Sharon is for Ozzy? Ozzy still probably wants to do it to some degree but honestly should have retired years ago. He always has to cancel and postpone dates on every tour. I'm not talking about he got a cold or flu and has to take off for a couple days. He has had to legitimately cancel and reschedule major tours for over 25 years now due to various health issues. More than any other major artist I can think of. Given the reputation that Sharon has, you honestly don't think she doesn't push Ozzy to tour when he shouldn't? I don't believe that for a second. It's plain as day to me that Ozzy shouldn't be touring anymore. Health wise his body is just not cut out to do major tours and hasn't been for a long time. Sharon sees that there is still money to be made so she forces Ozzy's ass out there time and again. Ozzy has had a great career and has put his body through hell to do it. The man should be enjoying a nice retirement at this point not doing another pointless tour.

• Like 1

He should have brought someone in with some real energy and creativity and BALLS. A man called Ronnie James Dio brought such a guy into the fold from nowhere, here's the result:

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that for Ozzy to get.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

He should have brought someone in with some real energy and creativity and BALLS. A man called Ronnie James Dio brought such a guy into the fold from nowhere, here's the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO53tkuvtpg

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that or not for Ozzy to get.

Social media begs to differ. Didn't Priest snatch up Richie Faulkner from YouTube or something like that? There are tons of insanely talented guitarists on the internet. If I were an established metal artist looking for a new guitarist, I'd start there.

It's a different time though. Back then there were many young and talented aspiring metal guitarists out there to choose from. I'm not sure there's anyone out there today like that or not for Ozzy to get.

Social media begs to differ. Didn't Priest snatch up Richie Faulkner from YouTube or something like that? There are tons of insanely talented guitarists on the internet. If I were an established metal artist looking for a new guitarist, I'd start there.

Ozzy doesn't know youtube from a tube of toothpaste!

• Like 1

Everything from the solo on is great. The whole solo section is a joy to listen to, so much so that it makes me even more upset that the rest of the song doesn't sound very good. The guitar tones in most of the song are weak. Sounds like a GarageBand setting. And that acoustic part sounds like something I could've written. Ozzy's voice still sounds excellent, I'll give him that. And he's still got great control of his timbre. The lyrics are fine, nothing to be upset with there. The melodies though are a little too reminiscent of generic edm trap I hear playing at dorm parties around campus where I go to school. I'm willing to bet Ozzy's appearance on Post Malone's latest album got a few modern trends stuck in his head. The pre-chorus especially I don't think is going to age particularly well.

So yeah, fix the guitar tones, write a more timeless pre-chorus melody, and let the band rip throughout the song like they do on the solo section...alternatively just let them jam over the solo section for five minutes and have Ozzy improve a couple lines at the beginning and end. Now that would be fun. If this is just the lead single though, I have no reason to think the rest of the album might not be better.

Ozzy doesn't know youtube from a tube of toothpaste!

But Sharon does!