2019-2020 College Basketball Thread

Nova Carmina

It has been reported that Bob Knight will be returning to Assembly Hall for today's game between Indiana and Purdue to honor the 1980 Big Ten Championship team.

tenor.gif?itemid=5262441

Obligatory.

• Like 1

It has been reported that Bob Knight will be returning to Assembly Hall for today's game between Indiana and Purdue to honor the 1980 Big Ten Championship team.

tenor.gif?itemid=5262441

Obligatory.

Not sure how many here heard this, but he was on David Letterman's show sometime after that, and explained why he did it. He said for almost the whole game up to that point, there was someone in the corner who was standing and she kept asking for a seat and he got tired of it and said "here's a damn chair" and threw it toward her.

Yeah, ^^^ that's what I meant! I didn't know if you (78jazz) spent any time hate-watching Bill Self, or at least when they played KSU.

Roll on, tourney time!

No. College basketball (and pretty sure hate-watching is done with the Chiefs, too) is boring.

It dawned on me this morning that you may have meant the K-State/KU fight. Too bad K-State didn't win the game; it would have been even funnier.

Carolina blows a 13 point lead in the last four minutes of regulation, then a 5 pt lead in the last 20 seconds of OT to fall to 10-13 and 3-9 in conference.
  • Like 1

Carolina blows a 13 point lead in the last four minutes of regulation, then a 5 pt lead in the last 20 seconds of OT to fall to 10-13 and 3-9 in conference.

wild game

5th-ranked Baylor holding onto the number one spot right now, while top-ranked Duke sits at #7.

Who would you rather play come tournament time?

Duke. The Baylor unis, they burn the eyes.

• Like 1

2 1/2 pages and no one said a word about Gonzaga? C'mon!

(I grew up in Spokane though I attended and played at a different Jesuit University, Seattle U.)

Killing me every year. I'm a Gael.

Damned good program. Think you get in the dance this year?

NC State 88, Duke 66

That is all.

The first time in more than 40 years that they've lost by more than 20 points while in the top 10. Then, Shesheffski either didn't shake the other coach's hand, or did so kind of half-assed. I haven't yet seen video, only read about it. Sore loser.

Anxious for our University of Dayton Flyers to whoop up on Rhode Island tonight, and make it 19 wins in a row.

Ranked third in the polls, too. Stoked, I am!

The Wisconsin Badgers were once seen as a mediocre also-ran in the Big Ten, but they are now on the verge of getting the #1 Seed in the Conference Tournament! Once the malcontent Kobe King left the team, the Badgers have been playing inspired ball.

They won't go far in the Big Dance, but they sure have earned a lot of respect! Coach Gard has them playing tough!

ce931ff9a03dd950c517f9f8e4bfc873.jpg

• Like 1

And Kentucky manages to throw away a big lead to Tennefuckinssee, somehow.

And BIG BLUE manages to overcome an 18-point deficit and stun Florida on a last-second tip in!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yEFo6n0yEXg/TZB-FNQvmOI/AAAAAAAABbM/MIz5qtIbscU/s320/UK_wildcats_logo.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah, they did! Big Blue Nation! For a while there, I thought Calipari's head was going to explode. I'm still not sure how that happened, but a big comeback like that has got to be a more positive way to roll into the post-season than back-to-back losses.

And that Florida crowd was super obnoxious, too, as an added plus.

Canceled NCAA championships

2020 Division I winter and spring championships:

Baseball

Basketball (men's and women's)

Beach volleyball

Bowling

Fencing

Golf (men's and women's)

Gymnastics (men's and women's)

Ice hockey (men's and women's)

Indoor track and field

Lacrosse (men's and women's)