2019-2020 College Basketball Thread

Nova Carmina

So we're off to a good start -- Kentucky won last night, no doubt on their way to another undefeated season!

Time for me to learn all the freshman names before they move on.

And as Exhibit #447 why I hate listening to Dick Vitale, when super freshman Tyrese Maxey hit a shot from about 30 feet to put UK up by five late, Vitale -- in all his incredibly-skillful-and-wide-vocabulary unleashed no less than four "Are you kidding me"s and one "You've got to be kidding me" in about twelve seconds. Wow. What a genius wordsmith that guy is -- what trenchant analysis.

GO BIG BLUE

• Like 1

Do you feel good vocabulary is no longer encouraged?

Yes. We expect so little from our public figures these days that the mindless repetition of stock phrases passes for analysis. It was a great shot! Go ahead and exclaim once -- or twice. But ad nauseam? Thank god for mute buttons.

Who to root against in a match-up like Duck v. Kansas, eh? I was hoping for an outbreak of the measles, frankly.

• Like 2

Hey all, I see that laughedatbytime has changed his profile pic and added some picture to this thread, but I can't quite make it out -- yeah, yeah, it's just a jumbled mess. :D

Much like UK's defending . . . . :facepalm:

• Like 1

Tie score between SMU- Georgia, with 1.8 seconds left. Back to back five second calls on the inbounds pass.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Clemson beats UNC, 79-76, to improve their record in Chapel Hill to 1-59.

Any team that loses 1 player and then goes downhill that much, isn't a very good team. The Buckeyes must still be reeling from the football team's loss because they've lost 4 in a row. They were number 1 not that long ago.

Any team that loses 1 player and then goes downhill that much, isn't a very good team. The Buckeyes must still be reeling from the football team's loss because they've lost 4 in a row. They were number 1 not that long ago.

I've watched the Buckeyes a couple of times in conference play and while analytics back up the rankings (even after the fourth consecutive loss they're still #8 in kenpom) they seem to be very limited in terms of offensive options. Then again, I didn't see them at their best and they have some very impressive wins.

:LOL:

So there really is a first time for everything.

This is the Rush forum, so I'm not willing to make that particular bet... :outtahere:

• Like 1

Vanderbilt was 0-25 from 3 or land vs Tennessee.

You usually don't see anyone that inaccurate outside of the NYPDs rapid response team.

• Like 1

Vanderbilt was 0-25 from 3 or land vs Tennessee.

You usually don't see anyone that inaccurate outside of the NYPDs rapid response team.

Vanderbilt's 34-year 3-point streak ends

https://www.espn.com...ends-0-25-night

That ends a streak of 1,080 games with at least one trey.

:scared:

Edited by goose

Duke has lost 2 in a row. Down they go (in the rankings) but they are easily the media darlings and will probably only drop 4-5 spots.

#4 Auburn and #5 Butler also lost their last two. :eh:

Hey, 78jazz, any thoughts on the Sunflower Showdown throwdown?

That was some wild and crazy stuff. Who intentionally fouls a guy going for a last second lay-up when you're winning by nineteen? Move on, dude!

Hey, 78jazz, any thoughts on the Sunflower Showdown throwdown?

That was some wild and crazy stuff. Who intentionally fouls a guy going for a last second lay-up when you're winning by nineteen? Move on, dude!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-a-monmouth-game-from-november-may-have-played-a-role-in-the-kansas-kansas-state-brawl/amp/

In a related story, there apparently was an incident in November where Kansas was on the receiving end of some poor sportsmanship. Vs Monmouth in November, Kansas was dribbling out the ball at the end of a blowout win when a Monmouth player stole the ball and drove the length of the floor for a dunk. He then proceeded to taunt UK players.

No brawl, though.

• Like 1