Def Leppard to release On Through the Night Live Album

Turbine Freight

JONNY!!!

What is your take on this box set? I know they throw in "On Through The Night" and "High N Dry" again but who cares!!! The Japan version is SHM encoded!! The packaging is off the charts.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Def Leppard need to realise that I only care about the first 5 albums and go away with the millions they already have. And not reissues or live versions either. Just go away Leppard because I personally don't need you, I have all I need thanks! :smash:

HOLY SHIT PAT!!! We agree once again!!!! I LOVE "ADRENALIZE!" After that? SHITE! I buy every album hoping for a hard rock release but fuckking Joe Blow wants pop and glam shite. "Euphoria" should have been released before "Slang." What a piece of shit. Def Leppard's "St. Anger" album.

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

I am cranking my SHM "Early Years" Box Set tonight. HOLY SHIT! This is one of the greatest box sets ever made. PAT GET IT!!!! You are crazy Pat!!!! You must get this box set. Do I have to buy you one and ship it to you?

CD Box Set Of The Year!!!!!

Another thing about Leppard is they were a heavy metal band in the early 80's but now they renounce heavy metal and want to be classed as a "rock band". Joe Elliot sees himself as Sting or Michael Stipe, but he dresses like he's in Motley Crue! He's a pretentious wanker these days.

• Like 2

Def Leppard need to realise that I only care about the first 5 albums and go away with the millions they already have. And not reissues or live versions either. Just go away Leppard because I personally don't need you, I have all I need thanks! :smash:

HOLY SHIT PAT!!! We agree once again!!!! I LOVE "ADRENALIZE!" After that? SHITE! I buy every album hoping for a hard rock release but fuckking Joe Blow wants pop and glam shite. "Euphoria" should have been released before "Slang." What a piece of shit. Def Leppard's "St. Anger" album.

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

I am cranking my SHM "Early Years" Box Set tonight. HOLY SHIT! This is one of the greatest box sets ever made. PAT GET IT!!!! You are crazy Pat!!!! You must get this box set. Do I have to buy you one and ship it to you?

Another thing about Leppard is they were a heavy metal band in the early 80's but now they renounce heavy metal and want to be classed as a "rock band". Joe Elliot sees himself as Sting or Michael Stipe, but he dresses like he's in Motley Crue! He's a pretentious wanker these days.

They were only a metal band on the debut and even that wasn't too metal. Also, on most albums they still have some songs that call back to their metal roots like Gods Of War and White Lightning. They had catchy hooks in their songs from the beginning. All they did was expand on that as they became more popular.

• Like 1

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

They were only a metal band on the debut and even that wasn't too metal. Also, on most albums they still have some songs that call back to their metal roots like Gods Of War and White Lightning. They had catchy hooks in their songs from the beginning. All they did was expand on that as they became more popular.

My Metal Brother! "On Through The Night" is NWOBHM I always thought. "High N Dry" makes "Back In Black" look like a Backstreet Boys album. LOL JMO

I can't stand the Brian Johnson Years. You probably know this.

"Pyromania" was the first album without that METAL EDGE. Wasn't that another killer magazine back in the day? Wow!

I love "Gods Of War" and I think "White Lightning" is EPIC! I wanted Pat to put that song in his Lighting Strikes Poll.

I am have a serious issue boys. My daughter Zoe who lives with me thinks I'm crazy but in a good way. Cranking this early Def Leppard Box Set two nights in a row. I can't get enough.

What is wrong with me???

Been listening to these albums since I was a teen. I'm still the same!!! Music is my meth. My crack. My heroin. Never gets old!!

• Like 1

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

Hahaha! I totally understand you Pat! Yes! When I saw Def Leppard open for KISS with my dad. My dad fell in love with Def Leppard that night. He loved Joe Elliott's big purple top hat.

I was over it Pat, but you think I'm still a kid at heart? My dad rules. I am sooooo lucky!!!!!

When I bought our tickets for the Crue Def Poision Tour I bought them through the Def Leppard site and we got T shirts. I gave my dad his. He loved it.

Hell, my dad loves GHOST!!!

I don't care if people know my last name.

I told you both when I saw GHOST in Reno with my dad we met the famous merch guy. His name is also Earl Ramer!! Three Earl Ramer together!! No wonder it's the end of the world. lol Kidding.

• Like 2

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

He's still a pretentious wanker no matter how you slice it.

• Like 2

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

Joe Elliott today is the James LaBrie Cheese of DT.

Joe makes me sick with they way he denounces his past when he was young and ROCKED! I am surprised they put this box out. They know their real fans are in there 40s and 50s now. A cash grab that I happy to participate in.

"Hello America!" LIVE! Incredible

• Like 2

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

"Anyway You Slice It" Pat

Joe Elliott can KISS my ass. lol

• Like 1

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

I knew that would bring the Gene Simmons factor to the thread.

• Like 1

JONNY!!!

What is your take on this box set? I know they throw in "On Through The Night" and "High N Dry" again but who cares!!! The Japan version is SHM encoded!! The packaging is off the charts.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 3 discs that were unreleased are incredible but they were cash-grabbing dicks to make fans buy the first 2 albums AGAIN to bump the price up.

• Like 2

JONNY!!!

The 3 discs that were unreleased are incredible but they were cash-grabbing dicks to make fans buy the first 2 albums AGAIN to bump the price up.

Hahaha! Jonny! I am drinking a nice ice cold water before bed and I just wrote a poem on my Vandenberg Thread. Love that no one cares. So obvious.

Sometimes I just want to f***ing delete my account on here, but there are so many great people here.

Jonny!

You know me. The packaging of this box set is worth it's weight in gold.

I love the little cardboard cd sleeves inside the black fold out box.

It's worth every penny. This box set is one to the best ever made on the Earth.

I am not drunk or crazy and I am going to bed now.

Perhaps I am addicted to the Japanese pressing Jonny. They are encoded with the SHM processing and I know they sound better dude.

I just bought the three Blue Murder SHM cds.

The first three Extreme SHM cds.

I am addicted.

I am not crazy.

This box set is amazing.

I want to cuddle it tonight in bed but I found a two pack of paper towels today and I am going to snuggle with that instead.

You don't need a woman in your bed when you have two hot paper towels with you. Rock and Roll Jonny. "PAPER MONEY!" lol

• Like 2

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

I knew that would bring the Gene Simmons factor to the thread.

Hahaha! But of course!!

Don't listen to me Pat. Get the UK pressing of this Def Leppard Box Set. Must Have!!!

• Like 2

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

He's always had a bit of an ego. It comes out a lot in his interviews. Not sure if he realizes how egotistical he comes off a lot of the time. The rest of the band doesn't seem to be that way though. If anything Rick Allen should be the one who is full of himself. I can play drums with one arm, what the f**k can you do? Lol.

• Like 3

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

He's always had a bit of an ego. It comes out a lot in his interviews. Not sure if he realizes how egotistical he comes off a lot of the time. The rest of the band doesn't seem to be that way though. If anything Rick Allen should be the one who is full of himself. I can play drums with one arm, what the f**k can you do? Lol.

Allen always comes across as a genuine bloke.

• Like 1

I just don't get it Pat.

BUT!!!

I agree the point you're making about Joe and his ego.

I've always felt Gods of War was out of place on the album....we've got feel-good/fun/pop rock songs like Animal, Sugar, Armageddon etc, with an anti-war song including Thatcher and Reagan in the middle of it..just doesn't fit at all.

JONNY!!!

I don't like "remasters" as a general proposition. I'm not an audiophile, and these days my car's stereo is probably the most high grade audio system I own. Otherwise I'm listening on a computer or Apple device. I do like live albums from a band's earlier days. I enjoy the Hysteria 30th anniversary box for the live and rare material. I would have been fine with the live materials only being released here.

The live materials are, however, great. I also listened to On Through the Night yesterday. Great album.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 3