Which One Of These 80's Hair Metal Bands In Their Prime Would You Choose? I'm "Too Fast For Love!" I Wanna "Lay It Down" Because "It's Not Love!!"

RUSHHEAD666

"ROUND AND ROUND!" "TEN SECONDS TO LOVE!" I'm "BACK FOR THE ATTACK" BABY!!!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which One Of These Three 80's Hair Metal Bands In Their Prime Is Your Favorite?

• ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!
    • MOTLEY FUKKKIN CRUE!
    • RATT N ROLL!

I might get a RATT tattoo over a RUSH tat

Get it put on your lower back with an actual rat below it and have the rat's asshole lined up with yours. And once you've got it done drink a keg of beer and go over to Wendy's house and give her the full RATT tat reveal! :LOL:

Between Ratt and Dokken for me. I still LOVE both bands and play at least one track from each weekly! Just way too damn hard to pick ONE! Maybe, NNNNOOOO I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Dokken, and I've seen all three live at their peak in the 80's.

Me too. Those were the days.

The best of days boys! "BACK FOR THE ATTACK" IS A METAL MASTERPIECE! I wore my cassette out back in the day. I was always blown way how long that record was and how perfect it was.

Again, it should have been a double album but the empty suits didn't want to spend the extra pennies to press two discs. LOVE YOU JONNY!!!!

• Like 3

Dokken.

While none of these bands appeal to me, Dokken has the least douchbag-esque singer.

Don was wonderful before losing his pipes. I met him many years ago for Phil Kennemore's Cancer Fund Rock N Roll Bash. Everyone says that Don is an egotistical douche but he was really nice to me!!

Do you guys have the Don Dokken solo album "Up From The Ashes?" It's another metal masterpiece. JMO

Peter Baltes on bass from ACCEPT. John Forum from Europe on guitar. I saw that show at The Stone in SF. It was was incredible. They played "Balls To The Wall!"

Lynch on the the other hand was a dick when I met him at The Edge in Palo Alto.

• Like 1

Dokken.

While none of these bands appeal to me, Dokken has the least douchbag-esque singer.

Don was wonderful before losing his pipes. I met him many years ago for Phil Kennemore's Cancer Fund Rock N Roll Bash. Everyone says that Don is an egotistical douche but he was really nice to me!!

Do you guys have the Don Dokken solo album "Up From The Ashes?" It's another metal masterpiece. JMO

Peter Baltes on bass from ACCEPT. John Forum from Europe on guitar. I saw that show at The Stone in SF. It was was incredible. They played "Balls To The Wall!"

I have that album I think it's better than the debut Lynch Mob album from the same year.

• Like 1

Dokken.

I have that album I think it's better than the debut Lynch Mob album from the same year.

I love the first Lynch Mob Pat but heck yes! As usual I totally agree with you! Don't solo debut is better!!!

• Like 1

Dokken.

I love the first Lynch Mob Pat but heck yes! As usual I totally agree with you! Don't solo debut is better!!!

I like the Lynch Mob of course but at the time I was a bit disappointed and Don Dokken delivered the winning album. It's a bit like a mini Eat em and Smile vs 5150 situation.

• Like 1

Dokken.

I like the Lynch Mob of course but at the time I was a bit disappointed and Don Dokken delivered the winning album. It's a bit like a mini Eat em and Smile vs 5150 situation.

Amazing comparison.

I agree however I will confess I loved ""5150" when it came out in 1986. Hell I was a Rush nerd in 1986. I was a senior in high school.

The DLRB stuff was soooooo much better Pat for my young ears.

I did see the Van Hagar 5150 Tour at the Cow Palace. BTO opened. I was totally annoyed even then though being an Alex Van Halen fan. His drum kit was all triggers and fuckking drum pads. Pissed me off. All the octobans on his kit were just for show. UGH!!!!

I saw the "Eat Em And Smile" Tour. Then of course "Skyscraper." I passed on the lame ass OU812 Tour. Fuckk that record. "Finish What Ya Started?" Makes my skin crawl.

David

Greg

Steve

Billy

WHAT A BAND!!!!!!

I will never forget watching David Lee Roth surfing over the crowd on a board to "California Girls." DIAMOND DAVE! THE MAN!!!

Dude! I booked a trip to Vegas to see Dave at The House Of Blues in March!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!!

I need a "Hot Dog And A Shake" baby!!!!

• Like 2

Dokken.

Amazing comparison.

I agree however I will confess I loved ""5150" when it came out in 1986. Hell I was a Rush nerd in 1986. I was a senior in high school.

The DLRB stuff was soooooo much better Pat for my young ears.

I did see the Van Hagar 5150 Tour at the Cow Palace. BTO opened. I was totally annoyed even then though being an Alex Van Halen fan. His drum kit was all triggers and fuckking drum pads. Pissed me off. All the octobans on his kit were just for show. UGH!!!!

I saw the "Eat Em And Smile" Tour. Then of course "Skyscraper." I passed on the lame ass OU812 Tour. Fuckk that record. "Finish What Ya Started?" Makes my skin crawl.

David

Greg

Steve

Billy

WHAT A BAND!!!!!!

I will never forget watching David Lee Roth surfing over the crowd on a board to "California Girls." DIAMOND DAVE! THE MAN!!!

Dude! I booked a trip to Vegas to see Dave at The House Of Blues in March!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!!

I need a "Hot Dog And A Shake" baby!!!!

I think Finish What Ya Started is them trying to be The Rolling Stones. I haven't listened to that record since about 1991 or something.

Who's in Dave's band? A bunch of unknowns?

I enjoyed 5150 but it was a bit AOR-sounding and Eddie's playing while good was tame compared to the first 6 albums. There was something missing, the brown sound, the high octane attack, it was too smooth sounding, lacked the balls of the earlier albums.

Of those three bands, I would pick Dokken.

But if I am being honest, even though they continued on past the 80's, Def Leppard was better than those three by miles.

More palatable to me anyway. High N’ Dry and Pyromania don’t feel cheap like Crue and Ratt imho

• Like 3

I would typically vote for Crue, but I've had the first three Ratt albums in heavy rotation in my truck lately. Warren Demartini is sick. I'm voting for Ratt to make it interesting. I dig Dokken too. These are the only three glam metal bands I really give a damn about (although I really dig Cinderella's debut).
  • Like 2

Of those three bands, I would pick Dokken.

But if I am being honest, even though they continued on past the 80's, Def Leppard was better than those three by miles.

More palatable to me anyway. High N’ Dry and Pyromania don’t feel cheap like Crue and Ratt imho

To be fair, those two albums, and Pyromania in particular, are better than most musical output by any band ever.

• Like 1

So I’ve read some stuff on this poll that some people think that a few vocalists in this genre are douchebag scum egomaniacs.

Well as usual I totally disagree.

I met Vince Neil in Vegas at The Wynn Bar.

He was so nice and sweet.

Vince is a great guy!

I met Don Dokken in San Jose.

He was also so nice to me!

Met Geoff Tate that same night.

He is also labeled a dick by some.

So cool with me!

I met Stephen Pearcy after his solo gig a few years ago in Santa Rosa.

I was wearing my Invasion Of Your Privacy tee shirt.

First thing he told me was.. “great tee shirt dude.”

Duhhhhhhh

It’s only one of the greatest albums on the Earth.

Rush wish they made that album!! Lol

Pearcy was do down to earth and cool!

We talked for a while!!

Forget what you read about in the tabloids or stupid social media!

I’m the real deal!

Met them all in real life and they are all amazing people!!

Stop judging rock stars based on what you read or think!

Vince

Don

Stephen

Are amazing people.

Egos in check.

To the haters of this once incredible genre of music.

Is your Ego in check???

Stop jacking off to Vapor Trails and reel it in a bit.

So much more out there to embrace than Rush music.

It’s ok rip me.

I’m “Way Cool Jr.”

I’m a bad muthwrfukker!

Reach For The Sky boring Rush Fruits!!

Warren DeMartini makes Alex Lifeson look like a guitar novice....

“Don’t you bite the hand that feeds you”

I’ve been feeding this fukkin forum since 2006!

The belly is full.

!!!LLOR N TTAR

• Like 1

The first three Def Leppard albums are great. But really???

They don’t belong here.

They went from NWOBHM to a shit sellout MTV poo pop band

Fukk em

Joe makes me sick.

Wanted Def to be a glam band.

Yeah

I know all about the On Through The Night Live Release

I was so excited until I read the interview

Joe should retire

He says there was no point in making it sound better because we were so young

Joe is a douche and despises the best years of Def Leppard.

On Through The Night

High N Dry

Epic

Masterpieces

Pyromania was the end. Great pop record.

I remember on a hot summer night driving to Tower Records to pick up the new Def Leppard album “Hysteria” cassette. I was with my buddy.

I put the cassette in my Alpine player and we got through Women ok.

I was flying down the freeway at 80 mph.

Then Rockit came on next.

I fuckinggg hated it.

So did my friend Jeff

I ejected the cassette.

Rolled down my window and threw that cassette into a freeway barrier going very fast.

The Hysteria cassette shattered into a million pieces.

Funny how a month later I bought it again.

Still a hot summer release.

Chicks loved that record.

Nothing like making love to a hot chick to Love Bites in your car.

I lived the dream

A cream dream.

What do the adult kids do now?

Country Music?

Hip Hop?

Techno?

Pop??

Sad..........

Good luck!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Never into any of these bands but my vote goes to Motley Crue.

I did see them in concert with Alice Cooper as the opener. I went for Alice but Motley Crue was pretty good.

You take the midnight subway train...

Ratt was the band that had the most spins for me, in the mid- to late-eighties.

That's basically it right there. My interest in the Crue waned pretty quickly through the '80's. I think I even had a copy of Detonator on cassette. When did that come out? '90? '91? Never really got into Dokken. My interest in hair metal has always been pretty limited. I like the ugly stuff better. Goes better with cheap beer and my rotten attitude.

• Like 3