Which One Of These 80's Hair Metal Bands In Their Prime Would You Choose? I'm "Too Fast For Love!" I Wanna "Lay It Down" Because "It's Not Love!!"

RUSHHEAD666

"ROUND AND ROUND!" "TEN SECONDS TO LOVE!" I'm "BACK FOR THE ATTACK" BABY!!!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which One Of These Three 80's Hair Metal Bands In Their Prime Is Your Favorite?

• ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!
    • MOTLEY FUKKKIN CRUE!
    • RATT N ROLL!

You take the midnight subway train...

Ratt was the band that had the most spins for me, in the mid- to late-eighties.

• Like 4

At their prime, and peak, I've picked by choosing to be voting for "Dokken". I haven't ever liked "Motley Crue", and "Ratt", but I've liked a few songs from the both of them.
  • Like 2

Holy Shit! When are we going to meet my friend????? I swear to you as one of my brothers. I am listening to "Invasion Of Your Privacy" as I type!!!

I love all three bands so much!

I can't decide hence the poll.

I love DeMartini and Lynch so much. They blow Mick Mars away. JMO But I love MOTLEY TOO!! UGH!!!

I think it's RATT for me buddy!

My entire 13 years on this RUSH FORUM have truly been "DANGEROUS BUT WORTH RISK!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The song is on now. It's my favorite RATT song ever. Timing is everything!!!!!! IT"S YOU!!! IT'S TRUE!!!! LOL!

• Like 2

At their prime, and peak, I've picked by choosing to be voting for "Dokken". I haven't ever liked "Motley Crue", and "Ratt", but I've liked a few songs from the both of them.

Fair enough Derek. As I have just professed my true love for RATT, I am also addicted to the first 5 DOKKEN record. George is a BEAST!!!! I love him!!!!

So "YOU THINK YOU'RE TOUGH?"

The RATT EP cd just kicked in!

Signed,

"SWEET CHEATER"

• Like 1

Come on 73!!!!

What do you think of Warren DeMartini? George Lynch? Mick Mars???????

You aren't into Ronni Lee, you don't care for Vito Brata!

I think Warren is one of the most underrated guitar players on the planet Earth.

In 1985 my buddy and I took BART out to the Cow Palace to see the RATT "Invasion Of Your Privacy" Tour.

We loved it so much we both called in sick and went back for the second show!!!

I met RATT in 1983 in Walnut Creek Ca at the Record Exchange. They were doing a promotion for their EP!!! It was epic!!! I was too nervous to get an ep signed but I bought one.

Raced home and fell in love.

I did the same thing in the same year with Queensryche! They promoted their EP too. Again, I was a dork. A nerd. I was intimidated so I just bought the ep. Raced home on my bike and played it on my old Pioneer turntable stereo all in one.

I fell in love with Ryche.

See? No wonder I'm so fuckked up yet I am awesome.

I'm older now but still that same kid in love with real amazing music. I feel so sorry for the kids today!!

I am so happy I was born in 1968!!!

RATT ON!

RUSH ON!

RYCHE ON!

WHATEVER!! LOL!!!

• Like 3

Holy Shit! When are we going to meet my friend????? I swear to you as one of my brothers. I am listening to "Invasion Of Your Privacy" as I type!!!

I love DeMartini and Lynch so much. They blow Mick Mars away. JMO But I love MOTLEY TOO!! UGH!!!

My entire 13 years on this RUSH FORUM have truly been "DANGEROUS BUT WORTH RISK!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The song is on now. It's my favorite RATT song ever. Timing is everything!!!!!! IT"S YOU!!! IT'S TRUE!!!! LOL!

Dokken, and I've seen all three live at their peak in the 80's.

...PRIME MOVER! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruX1dzsM4Ek

• Like 1

I saw Dokken 3-4 times and they were always the opener or 2nd in a 3 band line-up, right where they should be. I wouldn't walk across the street to see a free Motley Crue show, so that leaves RATT and Roll baybee! Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 2

Ok Metal Brothers and hopefully some Metal Sister will join in.

I'm going to break it down like this.

I can be serious about a music genre I love so much but the humans of today can rip. It's ok! I will never change.

"Out Of The Cellar" is on now.

So here is my take.......

Please feel free to add your takes and opinions......

DOKKEN:

"Breaking The Chains"

"Tooth And Nail"

"Under Lock And Key"

"Back For The Attack" (Note: This album to me was their apex and it is quite a perfect masterpiece to my ears. The guys wanted to make "Back For The Attack" a double cd album release but fuckking Electra didn't want to press the two discs so the title track "Back For The Attack" got the ax. You can find this song on the rare Japanese pressing "The Best Of Dokken" or it's on Apple Music too.

Then Dokken broke up.

However they did get back together to make the "Dysfunctional" album which I think is EXCELLENT.

So I think DOKKEN had five epic albums.

MOTLEY CRUE:

"Too Fast For Love" One of the greatest rock records and debuts ever made.

"Shout At The Devil" A sophomore slump? Blow it out of your ass Satan! Another masterpiece.

"Theatre Of Pain" As a kid when I bought this I was a bit disappointed. They went glam in my musical mind. Still I did love this album.

"Girls Girls Girls" Obviously someone told Nikki and the Boys to wake the fukk up so they went back to leather and motorcycles. A kick ass masterpiece. JMO

"Dr. Feelgood" As it is very commercial it still in my metal trained brain another EPIC RELEASE!

Then sadly it got dicey from there. Vince fired or leaving or whatever. Corabi comes in. I know a lot of people who love that MOTLEY CRUE record. Meh!

When Vince came back they made a few good records but nothing like the first four releases. Again, this is just my 6.66 cents I mean sense.

RATT:

RATT EP: Genius Raw Riff Rock! A masterpiece. It's amazing to me. I have the US and JAPAN cd pressings, but this disc has been out of print for decades. No one has been able to pick up the rights and press it again or even put it on Apple Music. It's incredible. Oh and those are Tawny's legs on the RATT EP.

"Out Of The Cellar" Yes boys and girls! That's Tawny again! The same girl who was in that famous Whitesnake video. Funny, I saw Andrew Dice Clay in 1991 in Reno. At the end of the show we all walked fast to the exit. In the hallway I saw David and Tawny run right by me. Both wearing sunglasses. It was EPIC! Of course you all know David lives in Tahoe. Anyway. "Out Of The Cellar" got RATT out of the cellar and on to the top of the charts baby!! It helps when Milton Berle is a bloodline connection!

"Invasion Of Your Privacy" This album was it for me. It's the "Hemispheres" of RATT records for me. LOL! Yes! "Invasion" is in my TOP 5 ALBUMS OF ALL TIME. Every song is perfect to me. Nothing else to say.

"Dancing Undercover" This album to me was like buying "Signals" in 1982 and listening to it for the first time in my room. I was pissed off and thought it was keyboard shit. Well of course I was wrong. Well when I bought "Dancing Undercover" I noticed that for the first time they put the band on the cover of the album instead of a hot chick. By the way I had the "Invasion" poster on my wall when I was a kid. That woman was the hottest to me in my young youth. But anyway, "Dancing Undercover" rubbed me the wrong way. (pun intended) LOL!!!!! Give me the last two album covers please! But in time I did finally fall in love with "Dancing Undercover." So melodic and so incredible.

"Reach For The Sky" Holy Shit! When I saw this album cover staring me in the face at Record Factory I was in awe! No more band photo album cover. "Reach For The Sky" is an amazing art piece.

Then when I put the record on I instantly fell in love. Another RATT Masterpiece instantly!

"Detonator" "Shame Shame Shame!" This album is yet another masterpiece. It's incredible!! I believe "Nobody Rides For Free" was recorded for the "Point Break" soundtrack. Excellent track.

Then of course RATT took some time off.

But then in 1999 they came back with RATT!!!! I think the return effort is a masterpiece.

Then they released "INFESTATION." Which I think is another amazing record.

So there ya have it! RATT put out 7 EPIC records and a kick ass EP debut.

So the math is easy to do.

RATT IS IT FOR ME BABY!!

I know I'm a "Wanted Man" but you can go ahead and pull the trigger.

Even when you think "You're In Love" you better watch out for the gold digger.

"I Wanna Be Your Dog" is great by The Stooges, but I'll be "Walking The Dog" instead.

I will be listening to "Lack Of Communication" even when I am long gone and dead!!!!

"Loose lips sink ships" and I am full of so much "Body Talk" even on a typing forum.

I will even take RATT over A Guns N Roses band MK featuring Matt Sorum...............

Some on here think I'm just a loud mouthed jerk. Well I'm just "Way Cool Jr."

It's ok that you can't understand my wit, or my spit, so back to "Tom Sawyer you go.....................

• Like 2

I saw Dokken 3-4 times and they were always the opener or 2nd in a 3 band line-up, right where they should be. I wouldn't walk across the street to see a free Motley Crue show, so that leaves RATT and Roll baybee!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FORD! "I LOVE YOU MAN!" I totally agree! I loved early Motley Crue but man I also saw DOKKEN live like 3 or 4 times in their prime. On a huge stage in Candlestick Park to a small dive in Palo Alto. They never impressed me live. Don't voice was always weak. George was the MAN and Wild Mick Brown and Jeff were also great. It is what it is.

RATT RULES!!

Dude!!

I know Stephen Pearcy's voice is shot but I saw him live up in Santa Rosa in a very small venue. I thought they were great.

So I wore my "Invasion Of Your Privacy" tee. So during the meet and greet I walked up to Pearcy and I shook his hand.

The first thing he said to was.... "Wow man I love your shirt!"

So fitting Ford. As a teen I saw that tour twice.

Decades later Stephen told me he loved my shirt.

Incredible.

RATT FOREVER.

• Like 1

...PRIME MOVER! LOL!

Hahaha! I had this album!!!

...PRIME MOVER! LOL!

PRIME MOVE THIS BABY!

• Like 1

...PRIME MOVER! LOL!

I still love it! LOL

signed

DON'T PLAY POKER WITH THE SKULL SPARK JOKER

• Like 1

...PRIME MOVER! LOL!

I still love it! LOL

signed

DON'T PLAY POKER WITH THE SKULL SPARK JOKER

Hahahaha!!! ME TOO!!