Preview of Wandering the Face of the Earth Now Online

Jag2112

Today marked the release of the highly anticipated book Rush: Wandering the Face of the Earth - The Official Touring History. For those still on the fence about whether or not to buy this book, you can now see a preview of it, including numerous photos, at the following link:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/wandering-the-face-of-the-earth.php

As someone who has had the book for a couple of weeks now, I can honestly say it is WELL worth the money. It goes well beyond a simple list of tour dates and set lists throughout Rush's history. There are numerous stories, photos, concert ads, and so much more that pack the over 400 pages of this hefty book.

Without question, a must-have for all Rush fans...

• Like 5

I ordered 3 books, 2 for myself and 1 for a friend

Two for yourself?

Yes. I want to have a backup in case it goes out of print. Just this book, though...

While an excellent book, it is just a book of gig listings with sporadic pictures and some brief introductory texts. A little disappointed if I being honest.

Perfect, that`s exactly what I want :D ;)

• Like 2

While an excellent book, it is just a book of gig listings with sporadic pictures and some brief introductory texts. A little disappointed if I being honest.

Yeah, but that gig history and the notes are pretty impressive. They even got the Sinatra situation right, from the HYF tour. (I was at the show in question.... ;) )

• Like 2

Anything notable about Feb. 25th, 1979?

Austin, TX. April Wine opened.

That is correct. Odd that I didn't get a mention, though. ;)

Geddy: I remember that JARG was there. He seemed to enjoy the show. Out of the 4500 in the crowd, he's the guy who stood out for me.

Alex: I was stoned.

• Like 5

Geddy: I remember that JARG was there. He seemed to enjoy the show. Out of the 4500 in the crowd, he's the guy who stood out for me.

Alex: I was stoned.

Neil: I was just happy we had one less show on the tour left.

• Like 5

Without giving any exact spoilers- How much NEW information is in the book? previously unknown gigs, setlist info, opening acts, cancellations, etc.

Once again, don't give any exact details- I want to be surprised when I do get the book.

Without giving any exact spoilers- How much NEW information is in the book? previously unknown gigs, setlist info, opening acts, cancellations, etc.

Once again, don't give any exact details- I want to be surprised when I do get the book.

It's a tome - not sure anyone can get through it that quick to find any previously unearthed nuggets. I read Claypool and Ungerleider's forwards - so I didn't know about Les's fishing trip. I did skip to Carress of Steel chapter - you know just to see if they had a CoS headline show set list and they...,

don't. Which does disappoint me and maybe it's a harbinger of what the whole book is - a collection of what has been on fan pages on the web, aggregated and put into hard cover book form. But there are many pictures from early on that I have never seen before and I do love the format look and feel of this book.

It has heft - befitting of their life on the road.

A few years ago I made a homebrew bootleg collection of every Rush song performed live (as in 1 performance of every song not a million Tom Sawyers). Recently I updated it and it amounts to the equivalent of 11 cds. Something like that included with the book as an addendum or compendium or whatever the hell you call it would have me in geeked out Rush heaven.

• Like 1

Hard to say what's unknown info. I think I know a lot about the band, but there are things in the book that I did not know. Just from the 30 or so pages I read so far. I'm sure there's more. YMMV.

• Like 1

Hey folks, it's been a while since I've been on. Hope you all are doing well!

My copy arrived today, and I'm pretty happy with it - reading it while handing out candy to the chidlers. The book has a lot of cool little anecdotes, and I am learning stuff I didn't know. And there's some great photos!

Certainly not something you can hold in one hand and read, though!

• Like 5

Got the book yesterday. It's excellent! Sure it's just a book of gig listings but just like Na na na said that's exactly what I want. I've only got up to the Rush Tour section but i've already found out a lot of stuff I didn't know.
  • Like 2