Rush Song Stuck In Head

Lorraine

Do you have a Rush song stuck in your head?

For days?

Can't get rid of it?

Maybe it's one you like.

But after a few days of hearing selective parts of it nonstop, even the most beloved song can begin to lose its appeal. :(

Maybe it's one you despise.

In which case, it will drive you bananas. :wacko:

Post it here.

• Like 1

I'll start. :)

Since Friday, I've had The Speed of Love stuck in my head.

Unlike most here, I don't think it's that bad of a song. However, after days of hearing it, it is starting to wear thin.

It's funny how that happens. I heard Bastille Day over the weekend and it is still going through my head. Luckily I like it a lot! :LOL:

• Like 2

Unlike most here, I don't think it's that bad of a song. However, after days of hearing it, it is starting to wear thin.

It's funny how that happens. I heard Bastille Day over the weekend and it is still going through my head. Luckily I like it a lot! :LOL:

You might not like it very much by the time you dislodge it. :LOL:

• Like 1

Yes, The Fountain Of Lamneth has been stuck in my head for days - and I don't particularly like that song!

Lol, most of this week so far I`ve had "Call out for direction, And there's no one there to steer..." etc. Not all the time, just when I`m breathing.
  • Like 2

For years now the intros to One Little Victory and The Big Money spontaneously burst through my mind, i can be anywhere doing anything when it happens and i usually have to make the sound of Al's guitars in both, accompanied by Neil's drums in case of OLV and Ged's synth in TBM.

The whole of La Villa can get played this way note and timing perfect when out walking but last walk i did a few from HYF, notably Turn The Page

As i write this The Big Money just went through my mind again

• Like 1

For years now the intros to One Little Victory and The Big Money spontaneously burst through my mind, i can be anywhere doing anything when it happens and i usually have to make the sound of Al's guitars in both, accompanied by Neil's drums in case of OLV and Ged's synth in TBM.

The whole of La Villa can get played this way note and timing perfect when out walking but last walk i did a few from HYF, notably Turn The Page

As i write this The Big Money just went through my mind again

How eerie is that?

Rush is in my head forever at least a couple of times a week, dreaming of a comeback from Geddy or Alex... The songs that are usually in my head are the easiest to remember like Spirit, Tom Saw..., Speed of Love has never been in my head, and certainly not any weird part of fountains...

Great song, one of the best on Counterparts

• Like 2

I love that song.

I'm always happy to meet another Speed of Love lover. :)

However, no matter how much you love a song, if it gets stuck in your head day in/day out for weeks, it wears thin.

• Like 1

I don't mind it at all when a Rush song gets stuck in my head.

Actually, what happens with me, and this has been for literally decades now, is that I use two particular Rush songs to block out other songs that get in my head.

My go-to songs are "Circumstances" or "Red Sector A". Don't know why it's those two songs, it just is.

Even this morning I used "Red Sector A" to block out a song that is used in a commercial on the news radio station I listen to in the car. For some reason, this commercial uses the "Pina Colada Song". If you're not familiar with this song, then that's just wonderful for you! It's a terrible song (imo) from the late 1970s.

Anyway, I didn't turn the station fast enough and that awful song got in my head and it would not leave. Well, Rush to the rescue. I started thinking "Red Sector A" and soon enough, that was playing in my head instead and the other song was gone.

Alright Rush!

• Like 1