limelight

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hardrocker11

hardrocker11

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:i luv listining to 60's 70's 80's and some 90s music, playing sports, playin drums but i dont play um, and THE SOX RULE CUBS SUCK!!!

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:37 AM

the song limelight is way cool. am i right. i mean come its awsome

Sponsored Post

#2 hardrocker11

hardrocker11

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:i luv listining to 60's 70's 80's and some 90s music, playing sports, playin drums but i dont play um, and THE SOX RULE CUBS SUCK!!!

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:42 AM

so is show dont tell

#3 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

Well, sure. They both are great. Absolutely.

And it's awesome to see young folks taking an interest in old-fart musicians like Rush. My 16-year old son likes them, too.  1022.gif  

#4 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 11 2004, 08:27 AM)

And it's awesome to see young folks taking an interest in old-fart musicians like Rush. My 16-year old son likes them, too.  1022.gif

I agree BSG smile.gif  It's really great to see young fans taking an interest in bands that have been around since 15 some odd years before they were born...And I also like the fact that someone from Chicago like's the Boston Boys in red & white too smile.gif  Go Sox!  hehehe  I'm such a Bandwagon Hopper lol ....unless you mean the White Sox  ohmy.gif  In that case, then BOOOOOO!!!!! hehehe...Just Kiddin!   rofl3.gif

Oh yeah, and Limelight is definitely a verreh cool song.  One of the first that I learned lyric wise from beginning to end.  Now it's catalogued in the vast lyrical hard drive that is my brain wink.gif  

"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience outside the gilded cage."

Here's a trivia question for you:  This lyric was also penned in something else long ago.  If you can name who penned this (not what it was in), I will give you a prize smile.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden, 11 October 2004 - 10:20 AM.

#5 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 11 2004, 10:24 AM)

And it's awesome to see young folks taking an interest in old-fart musicians like Rush. My 16-year old son likes them, too.  1022.gif

I agree BSG smile.gif  It's really great to see young fans taking an interest in bands that have been around since 15 some odd years before they were born...And I also like the fact that someone from Chicago like's the Boston Boys in red & white too smile.gif  Go Sox!  hehehe  I'm such a Bandwagon Hopper lol

Oh yeah, and Limelight is definitely a verreh cool song.  One of the first that I learned lyric wise from beginning to end.  Now it's catalogued in the vast lyrical hard drive that is my brain wink.gif  

"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience outside the gilded cage."

Here's a trivia question for you:  This lyric was also penned in something else long ago.  If you can name who penned this (not what it was in), I will give you a prize smile.gif

Well, certainly I know what it is, but I'll give the "young folks" a shot at it.  wink.gif  

#6 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 11 2004, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 11 2004, 10:24 AM)

I agree BSG smile.gif  It's really great to see young fans taking an interest in bands that have been around since 15 some odd years before they were born...And I also like the fact that someone from Chicago like's the Boston Boys in red & white too smile.gif  Go Sox!  hehehe  I'm such a Bandwagon Hopper lol

Well, certainly I know what it is, but I'll give the "young folks" a shot at it.  wink.gif

Am I a young folk anymore?  rofl3.gif  

#7 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

Hmmmm.....I don't know, BSG.....1984....Is Moonie still considered a young'n at 20?  Should we let him make the guess?  I mean, he did get my bday riddle prize wink.gif

#8 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 12 2004, 12:06 PM)
Hmmmm.....I don't know, BSG.....1984....Is Moonie still considered a young'n at 20?  Should we let him make the guess?  I mean, he did get my bday riddle prize wink.gif

He's a veritable infant, relative to me. Let him have a shot, I say.  biggrin.gif  

#9 barney_rebel

barney_rebel

The Camera Guy

• 27052 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:30 PM

First time I've ever heard Limelight... it was emulated on the Commodore 64.  no joke.

#10 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

The Hailing Administrator

• Admin
  • 21838 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Music, Golf, Astronomy

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 12 2004, 10:30 PM)
First time I've ever heard Limelight... it was emulated on the Commodore 64.  no joke.

I had that on the TRS-80 using Orch 80 and Musica LOL  laugh.gif  

#11 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:38 PM

Since you're allowing me,  tongue.gif

As You Like It - Shakespeare
Act 2, Sc. VII

Jaques' statement,
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

#12 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 13 2004, 12:38 AM)
Since you're allowing me,  tongue.gif

As You Like It - Shakespeare
Act 2, Sc. VII

Jaques' statement,
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

Very good Moonie  laugh.gif  Well, I guess this will save me some postage  icon_really_happy_guy.gif Pick another boot off my list and let me know which two you would like, PM me with your address and selections and I'll get them out to you  1022.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users