Tribute to Permanent Waves

rugen

I don't know how to think of this one. The guys play flawlessly the album, but why watch this instead of the original when it's the same note for note except the voice tone...

• Like 4

I would go see a live show just for the feel. I've recently been listening to YYNOT. They are a great cover band but their own music is amazing! There is def a influence in the music but they hold their own VERY WELL!

On a side note...Meeting Geddy on his book tour next Sunday!!! Super stoked!!! Rush On Friends!

I would go see a live show just for the feel. I've recently been listening to YYNOT. They are a great cover band but their own music is amazing! There is def a influence in the music but they hold their own VERY WELL!

On a side note...Meeting Geddy on his book tour next Sunday!!! Super stoked!!! Rush On Friends!

I give my applause to YYNO to play their original songs even though it sounds too much of Rush, but I wouldn't say that their music is amazing! If it's the case Rush must on another planet...

Honestly, that's what I think of a lot of the amazing cover versions out there. They're good, but if it's slavish to the original . . . why not watch Alex, Geddy, and Neil?

Why not watch this guy do the whole thing by himself, just because he can? If I had that kind of talent and versatility, and loved a band that much, I'd be making a tribute video too. He's not trying to convince you to not watch Alex, Geddy and Neil -- he had the time and the means to record P Waves, and make a video of it, and he did it for fun. That's what YouTube is for! Good for him.

• Like 4

Honestly, that's what I think of a lot of the amazing cover versions out there. They're good, but if it's slavish to the original . . . why not watch Alex, Geddy, and Neil?

Why not watch this guy do the whole thing by himself, just because he can? If I had that kind of talent and versatility, and loved a band that much, I'd be making a tribute video too. He's not trying to convince you to not watch Alex, Geddy and Neil -- he had the time and the means to record P Waves, and make a video of it, and he did it for fun. That's what YouTube is for! Good for him.

You're right, yes -- it's an amazing effort on his part; I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't worth doing just for the challenge. I was imagining some Rush fan who says "I'd like to hear Permanent Waves" -- if it were me, I'd just play the original. However, this guy isn't wasting anybody's time!

Hey man, a few of us Rush Freaks are going to San Pedro California to see YYNOT on Nov 16th and 17th.

You are in AZ! You should fly or drive out for the shows!

This one band band is a genius and amazing but why has this video been posted on here like four times.

Time for a fourth White Lion Thread. LOL!!!!

Vito Brata is better than Alex Lifeson. LOL!

I don't know how to think of this one. The guys play flawlessly the album, but why watch this instead of the original when it's the same note for note except the voice tone...

Never get tired of watching that. He really gets it.

Is like the great forgers of painting, when somebody reproduces a Masterpiece like the mona lisa to point where experts cant distinguish the difference, there's a kind of fascination with it. Great forgers are great in their own right

Is like the great forgers of painting, when somebody reproduces a Masterpiece like the mona lisa to point where experts cant distinguish the difference, there's a kind of fascination with it. Great forgers are great in their own right

Yes, I get it, just I wouldn't buy the copy if I have the original. But glad that we can hear this for free, it's still a "tour de force"

A forger is someone trying to pass it off as the original with no mention of who really created it.

This guy is being as faithful to the original as possible and does an incredible job. As a fellow musician I can fully appreciate not just the playing....but the painstakingly incredible sonic faithfulness he recorded.

Simply brilliant in that regard. And deserves recognition. This guy is a brilliant musician.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

A forger is someone trying to pass it off as the original with no mention of who really created it.

This guy is being as faithful to the original as possible and does an incredible job. As a fellow musician I can fully appreciate not just the playing....but the painstakingly incredible sonic faithfulness he recorded.

Simply brilliant in that regard. And deserves recognition. This guy is a brilliant musician.

Lol yeah wasnt suggesting the guy is fraudulent, clue was in is 'like' the great forgers in painting, point being the fascination people have with works of art even experts can't distinguish from the original. Of COURSE not saying he fraudulent in any way that's just bonkers. Completely agree the guy exceptional.

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

This guy is fantastic. Being able to sing Geddy's parts always blows me away a lot more than being able to play the rest of the instruments (even though those aren't easy either). I like listening to this guy hit the high notes after the solos in Freewill .. he makes it look so easy ..
  • Like 1

This guy is fantastic. Being able to sing Geddy's parts always blows me away a lot more than being able to play the rest of the instruments (even though those aren't easy either). I like listening to this guy hit the high notes after the solos in Freewill .. he makes it look so easy ..

Doesn't seem like he had any trouble with it at all.