Eddie Van Halen And I Won't Get TOOLED AGAIN! My Two Nights In LA At The STAPLES CENTER Was A TOOTAL "Chocolate Chip Trip!" Danny Carey Peart Jr!!!

RUSHHEAD666

I see that Eddie Van Halen Thread on here tonight.

I knew yesterday that Eddie was going to be in the building last night and I hunted him down like a Great White sensing a bucket o' bloody chum in the Pacific Ocean!

Too bad I didn't get my picture taken with Eddie!

Oh well!

My three nights in LA were EPIC!

Saturday Nite

My new woman actually drove down from Oakland California to join me in LA at the Luxe Hotel which is literally across the street from Staples.

So she is Brazilian and wanted to have a good time at in the LA night club scene. Well, it sucked to be honest. I was shocked to learn that LA was very dead on Saturday night.

So silly me, by the way in Brazilian l learned that "silly" means "stupid" or just a "dumb asshole." Well many of you on here think that of me anyway so it makes sense! I love rambling and ranting on here and making no sense! Anyway I took Rose to the Sunset Strip. By now it was frigging midnight. So we got a late start. She got to LA way too late. So I took Rose to the Viper Room. The club were River Phoenix overdosed in front of. It was seedy and dark, but I love that bar. I saw a Johnny Cash cover band there once and it blew my mind. So anyway we walk in and I found out that the sleaze rock band JUNKYARD just performed there. I mean really?? They were off the stage by midnight. I was so pissed. Junkyard is still on my bucket list of bands to see. I blew it, yet I was still able to by a t shirt. I've seen over 800 concerts in my life and for the first time I actually bought a rock shirt at a show I didn't see. I can't make this shit up.

So anyway Rose was not digging the vibe.

I took her to the Whisky A Go Go. There was some cool Zeppelin band playing. But the assholes at the door wouldn't let me pay for a two tickets to get in.

I walked her up to the ROXY. Closed.

The Sunset Strip was DEAD on a Saturday night. I was so bummed.

So then I took Rose to the RAINBOW! My favorite place on the Strip. Of course the few of you who read this long thread know that Lemmy was always there. He lived up the street from there. RIP!

I love him. I took a picture of the Lemmy statue. There was a jack-o-lantern between his feet. I'm going to be Lemmy for Halloween. Hoping to have many "ORGASMATRONS" that night! LOL!

Anyway she was no digging the old rocker vibe. The Rainbow was empty and it was not a good thing. Them times are a changing folks. On a good note I did buy a few tickets to see ROSE TATTOO at the Whiskey next year! I am so pumped!! I am sure Sunset Blvd will be on fire with ROSE TATTOO there for three nights in a row.

You you the reader don't know who ROSE TATTOO is then go GOOGLE them. They RULE!!! You all know that I'm a ROCK AND ROLL OUTLAW! COME ON PEOPLE!! This Forum is to educate people about music. Don't judge me for being over the top or a dickhead666! Look at yourself in the Wilderness Of Mirrors. LOL!

So Saturday ended. She was not happy but we went back to the Luxe and stayed up until 3:30 talking.

Next thing I know she pulls off the covers at 9 am and pours cold water on me.

"GET UP!" We are going to the beach she says....

Normally I would sleep in until noon.

So next thing I know on

SUNDAY

We drive to Santa Monica Pier. I was hoping to find Neil somewhere on the beach or having brunch with his family as I have N PEART on my license plate. LOL! He would totally HATE ME!

So we get there. Rose and I have breakfast. Then we walked 15 miles. Glad I wasn't hungover. I did it.

Then we wound up at Venice Beach. I met that famous guy on roller skates who plays that red bullseye guitar with a small ORANGE amp. He is Kama Kosmic Krusader. He's been in like 9 Hollywood films. "Point Break" is one of them. I think "White Men Can't Jump" as well. He was so cool! I bought a t shirt from him and he gave me his cd and played two songs for me on his guitar!!

Then after a nice fun time at the beach we went back to downtown.

Changed and went an amazing Brazilian Steak House about five blocks from the hotel.

It was amazing and the food was amazing. She was speaking Portuguese to everyone and I felt so comfortable with her. She ordered everything and the food was so incredible.

After dinner it was time to go to the TOOL show.

But there was a problem.

I only had one ticket for me.

Rose showing up was a total surprise.

She told me that she didn't even want to see the show. But she is also a music freak and at that moment she told she would like to go if I could get her into the show.

So we walked up to the box office but so dude told us to come over and see him for a great deal. It was 8 pm. Missed Killing Joke, but the joke wasn't on me.

I was able to score two VIP skybox tickets to the show for 200 USD.

So we got into the venue and sat in skybox B53! It was incredible. On the side of the stage. A perfect circle, I mean a perfect view of Danny's drum kit. A perfect angle on the floor tom side of his kit.

I was in HEAVEN!!!

Of course the show blew my fuckking mind. Even Rose who had no clue about this band loved everything Danny Carey. She is a drummer as well and was dancing to his insane rhythms all night long!

She thought Danny was the best in the band. She thought the band's riffs and grooves were amazing but very redundant. I told her that I get it. I love this band but they are like a PROG ROCK AC/DC BAND.

I thought TOOL was brutal. Meaning fuckking incredible.

I wore my Reno Tour GHOST shirt that night. There were man GHOST shirts there. RUSH shirts too. We are all one big METAL FAMILY. I belong there, hence I will never change.

So then...... another fun late night.

MONDAY

So Rose had to leave at 5:30 am to get home to be with her kids.

So I woke up and had a day all to myself.

As Rush would play, I will now just "CUT TO THE CHASE." LOL!

Sunday I had a floor four front row ticket. It was such a wonderful new experience.

The visuals were so much better on the floor and the bass drum and bass went "Closer To The Heart." man. I could feel that vibration go through my sonic soul.

Seeing TOOL back to back was so amazing. Many give me shit for seeing a band back to back. I don't care. I love seeing a band two times in a row. You miss stuff the first time.

Danny Carey should do a project with Geddy and Alex but they should hire a singer. YYNOT RIGHT? LOL! PUN INTENDED! Rocky Kuner on vocals!!

I would go and support this wet dream theater within a hummingbird heartbeat.

In closing, I really did try and find Eddie Van Halen in the building. I didn't think that the Master of "Brown Sound" (that's for you 73) wouldn't be hiding backstage all night long.

But I couldn't locate Him. LOL

Two nights of TOOL in LA mixed in with a wonderful woman. Great food, great libations, great beach day and great vibrations. Oh the poetry..........

An EPIC Chocolate Chip Trip. Had to share it on here since we are all a Rush Family. Rush is still alive at shows like this people. Met so many cool Rush fans all weekend long.

We are always a family. We are always one.

To live for the Music.

We will remain bright as the sun.

My next journey is with a few cool Rush Forum Members in November.

Heading to San Pedro to see YYNOT two times. That's November 16th and 17th!

I am typing about YYNOT a lot tonight because when I got home my few autographed cd copies were on my doorstep.

I am listening to the new YYNOT cd as I type and it's incredible.

Tim the bass player is a gentleman and a scholar.

I can't wait to meet these wonderful guys and gal during my next PROG ADVENTURE! Life is short! Progressive Music is long. So live a long life!!! LOL!

"My Name Is Earl" AKA RUSHHEAD666 and I am signing off.

I am too tired to correct any misspellings.

I love all my friends on here.

To all of you who think I'm insane and crazy and strange.

Well!

Then you jerks can call me a "TOOL!" LOL!!!!!!!!!

RUSH ON FOREVER!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 6

Sounds like a gangbuster of a weekend, plus a day.

Love ya Ford! I can't make this stuff up!!!

Had to share!! It was summer in October too. Forgot to mention. 91 degrees everyday. Incredible.

I was "ON FIRE" during this extended TOOL weekend.

Love,

VAN HALEN

Danny Carey is IT.

Sorry 73. Gavin Harrison is out of my top 5. Tim Alexander is out.

1. Neil Peart

2. Simon Phillips

3. Stewart Copeland

4. Dave Weckl

5. Danny Carey

Earl what about Vinnie Colaiuta and Dennis Chambers?

I see that Eddie Van Halen Thread on here tonight.

I knew yesterday that Eddie was going to be in the building last night and I hunted him down like a Great White sensing a bucket o' bloody chum in the Pacific Ocean!

Too bad I didn't get my picture taken with Eddie!

Oh well!

My three nights in LA were EPIC!

Saturday Nite

My new woman actually drove down from Oakland California to join me in LA at the Luxe Hotel which is literally across the street from Staples.

So she is Brazilian and wanted to have a good time at in the LA night club scene. Well, it sucked to be honest. I was shocked to learn that LA was very dead on Saturday night.

So silly me, by the way in Brazilian l learned that "silly" means "stupid" or just a "dumb asshole." Well many of you on here think that of me anyway so it makes sense! I love rambling and ranting on here and making no sense! Anyway I took Rose to the Sunset Strip. By now it was frigging midnight. So we got a late start. She got to LA way too late. So I took Rose to the Viper Room. The club were River Phoenix overdosed in front of. It was seedy and dark, but I love that bar. I saw a Johnny Cash cover band there once and it blew my mind. So anyway we walk in and I found out that the sleaze rock band JUNKYARD just performed there. I mean really?? They were off the stage by midnight. I was so pissed. Junkyard is still on my bucket list of bands to see. I blew it, yet I was still able to by a t shirt. I've seen over 800 concerts in my life and for the first time I actually bought a rock shirt at a show I didn't see. I can't make this shit up.

So anyway Rose was not digging the vibe.

I took her to the Whisky A Go Go. There was some cool Zeppelin band playing. But the assholes at the door wouldn't let me pay for a two tickets to get in.

I walked her up to the ROXY. Closed.

The Sunset Strip was DEAD on a Saturday night. I was so bummed.

So then I took Rose to the RAINBOW! My favorite place on the Strip. Of course the few of you who read this long thread know that Lemmy was always there. He lived up the street from there. RIP!

I love him. I took a picture of the Lemmy statue. There was a jack-o-lantern between his feet. I'm going to be Lemmy for Halloween. Hoping to have many "ORGASMATRONS" that night! LOL!

Anyway she was no digging the old rocker vibe. The Rainbow was empty and it was not a good thing. Them times are a changing folks. On a good note I did buy a few tickets to see ROSE TATTOO at the Whiskey next year! I am so pumped!! I am sure Sunset Blvd will be on fire with ROSE TATTOO there for three nights in a row.

You you the reader don't know who ROSE TATTOO is then go GOOGLE them. They RULE!!! You all know that I'm a ROCK AND ROLL OUTLAW! COME ON PEOPLE!! This Forum is to educate people about music. Don't judge me for being over the top or a dickhead666! Look at yourself in the Wilderness Of Mirrors. LOL!

So Saturday ended. She was not happy but we went back to the Luxe and stayed up until 3:30 talking.

Next thing I know she pulls off the covers at 9 am and pours cold water on me.

"GET UP!" We are going to the beach she says....

Normally I would sleep in until noon.

So next thing I know on

SUNDAY

We drive to Santa Monica Pier. I was hoping to find Neil somewhere on the beach or having brunch with his family as I have N PEART on my license plate. LOL! He would totally HATE ME!

So we get there. Rose and I have breakfast. Then we walked 15 miles. Glad I wasn't hungover. I did it.

Then we wound up at Venice Beach. I met that famous guy on roller skates who plays that red bullseye guitar with a small ORANGE amp. He is Kama Kosmic Krusader. He's been in like 9 Hollywood films. "Point Break" is one of them. I think "White Men Can't Jump" as well. He was so cool! I bought a t shirt from him and he gave me his cd and played two songs for me on his guitar!!

Then after a nice fun time at the beach we went back to downtown.

Changed and went an amazing Brazilian Steak House about five blocks from the hotel.

It was amazing and the food was amazing. She was speaking Portuguese to everyone and I felt so comfortable with her. She ordered everything and the food was so incredible.

After dinner it was time to go to the TOOL show.

But there was a problem.

I only had one ticket for me.

Rose showing up was a total surprise.

She told me that she didn't even want to see the show. But she is also a music freak and at that moment she told she would like to go if I could get her into the show.

So we walked up to the box office but so dude told us to come over and see him for a great deal. It was 8 pm. Missed Killing Joke, but the joke wasn't on me.

I was able to score two VIP skybox tickets to the show for 200 USD.

So we got into the venue and sat in skybox B53! It was incredible. On the side of the stage. A perfect circle, I mean a perfect view of Danny's drum kit. A perfect angle on the floor tom side of his kit.

I was in HEAVEN!!!

Of course the show blew my fuckking mind. Even Rose who had no clue about this band loved everything Danny Carey. She is a drummer as well and was dancing to his insane rhythms all night long!

She thought Danny was the best in the band. She thought the band's riffs and grooves were amazing but very redundant. I told her that I get it. I love this band but they are like a PROG ROCK AC/DC BAND.

I thought TOOL was brutal. Meaning fuckking incredible.

I wore my Reno Tour GHOST shirt that night. There were man GHOST shirts there. RUSH shirts too. We are all one big METAL FAMILY. I belong there, hence I will never change.

So then...... another fun late night.

MONDAY

So Rose had to leave at 5:30 am to get home to be with her kids.

So I woke up and had a day all to myself.

As Rush would play, I will now just "CUT TO THE CHASE." LOL!

Sunday I had a floor four front row ticket. It was such a wonderful new experience.

The visuals were so much better on the floor and the bass drum and bass went "Closer To The Heart." man. I could feel that vibration go through my sonic soul.

Seeing TOOL back to back was so amazing. Many give me shit for seeing a band back to back. I don't care. I love seeing a band two times in a row. You miss stuff the first time.

Danny Carey should do a project with Geddy and Alex but they should hire a singer. YYNOT RIGHT? LOL! PUN INTENDED! Rocky Kuner on vocals!!

I would go and support this wet dream theater within a hummingbird heartbeat.

In closing, I really did try and find Eddie Van Halen in the building. I didn't think that the Master of "Brown Sound" (that's for you 73) wouldn't be hiding backstage all night long.

But I couldn't locate Him. LOL

Two nights of TOOL in LA mixed in with a wonderful woman. Great food, great libations, great beach day and great vibrations. Oh the poetry..........

An EPIC Chocolate Chip Trip. Had to share it on here since we are all a Rush Family. Rush is still alive at shows like this people. Met so many cool Rush fans all weekend long.

We are always a family. We are always one.

To live for the Music.

We will remain bright as the sun.

My next journey is with a few cool Rush Forum Members in November.

Heading to San Pedro to see YYNOT two times. That's November 16th and 17th!

I am typing about YYNOT a lot tonight because when I got home my few autographed cd copies were on my doorstep.

I am listening to the new YYNOT cd as I type and it's incredible.

Tim the bass player is a gentleman and a scholar.

I can't wait to meet these wonderful guys and gal during my next PROG ADVENTURE! Life is short! Progressive Music is long. So live a long life!!! LOL!

"My Name Is Earl" AKA RUSHHEAD666 and I am signing off.

I am too tired to correct any misspellings.

I love all my friends on here.

To all of you who think I'm insane and crazy and strange.

Well!

Then you jerks can call me a "TOOL!" LOL!!!!!!!!!

RUSH ON FOREVER!

Earl you didn't go to the right section!

Earl gets 2 Tool shows and I get an hour and a half Celine Dion concert. :facepalm:

FML. Anyway I survived.

Big Bird must be missing some feathers. Jesus Christ lady, eat a cheeseburger.

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190703065912-06-celine-dion-best-looks.jpg

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

Great review! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. If you are being serious (should I even say that, it's you Earl) we need pics of your Halloween tribute to Lemmy!

Love you Becky!!

Hahaha! Yes! I can be serious!! Even on a public forum! I will try and get some good pics taken! My new woman is rocking my world. She's going as a Brazilian country cowgirl. I'll be in heavy metal mode. Dressed in all black like Johnny Cash but with a Motorhead shirt and a skull cowboy hat for Lemmy.

I haven't gone out to a Halloween costume party in like 25 years.

This new woman has come into my life like a hurricane. She actually has more energy than me but Becky I can embrace it!

Haven't been on here much lately because I'm with this "Wild One" to pay homage to THIN LIZZY.

The Brazilian Culture is incredible. I've learned so much. Hey Rod! Hope you read this.

Rose has taken me to two Brazilian Steakhouses. One in LA and one here by me. Amazing cuisine and everyone is soooooo nice!

It helps when your girlfriend speaks Portuguese with everyone in the restaurant. I fit right in! So funny!

I should have been a Brazilian instead of a loudmouthed, opinionated non filtered wordy nerdy American! LOL!

As Lemmy would say.....

EARL IS "OVERKILL!"

HAHAHA!

I can make fun of myself.

All good!

Life is short!!

ROCK ON!

HEAVY METAL RULES!!!

TOOL HAS ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So I learned that "Duhhhhh" in Portuguese means "to be slow" "lame"

hmmmmm

Also learned that the word "silly" means "stupid asshole."

So funny!

I guess all the rushhead haters on this board were right!

I am silly!!!

I am a stupid asshole!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

This is my thread right?

So who cares.

Sue me for hijacking.

LOL!

Becky gets me and she's a wonderful woman.

Funny! I have so many amazing female friends on here.

Yet I'm just a loudmouthed jerk.

Oh the irony.

I love Fridge too.

Go find his post to me.

I will never change.

I love my friends on here!!!!!

TOOL ROOLS!

• Like 1

Nice story and review Earl! What a weekend!! I am so looking forward to seeing Tool in TO.

Thank you Syrinx!!!!

I am so excited for you! THEY BLEW MY F'N MIND!!! Wow I just edited myself!!

I want to read your review buddy!

TOOL ON!!

RUSH IS OVER!

We still have

TOOL

OPETH

GHOST

STEEL PANTHER

LOL!

Earl gets 2 Tool shows and I get an hour and a half Celine Dion concert. :facepalm:

FML. Anyway I survived.

Big Bird must be missing some feathers. Jesus Christ lady, eat a cheeseburger.

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190703065912-06-celine-dion-best-looks.jpg

Hahaha!

Hang in there buddy! Jesus! I've been a Titanic freak since I was in the seventh grade and even she ruined that Cameron movie. Barf!

You are hilarious! Glad you survived!!!

I'm going to move to Brazil and do ROCK IN RIO every year.

I'm going to eat fresh fish, vegetables, fruits and yummy meats.

Life can be good when you live your life in reverse.

Signed,

Earl Buttons

Danny Carey is IT.

1. Neil Peart

2. Simon Phillips

3. Stewart Copeland

4. Dave Weckl

5. Danny Carey

What about Brian Downey??

I love Brian Pat!

I love Tim Alexander over Brain.

• Like 1

Danny Carey is IT.

1. Neil Peart

2. Simon Phillips

3. Stewart Copeland

4. Dave Weckl

5. Danny Carey

I love Brian Pat!

What about Terry Bozzio??

• Like 1

Danny Carey is IT.

1. Neil Peart

2. Simon Phillips

3. Stewart Copeland

4. Dave Weckl

5. Danny Carey

I love Brian Pat!

What about Terry Bozzio??

He blows my mind Duck. But ehh... Over the top.

Give me Cozy Powell.

I like Terry's drumming in Missing Persons.

Then again what do I know?

Earl I posted this on the Fear Innoculum thread:

"WOW!!!!!! That is all I can say. The Tool show last night in Toronto was mind-blowing great!! Maybe the most visually stunning concert I have ever seen - and I have attended hundreds of concerts since the 70's. Just one of the best bands to ever grace this earth. Outstanding musicianship. Danny Carey is the best rock drummer out there. He is incredible. Nothing he does is simple. Enjoy if you are attending this tour. If not, buy a ticket - it is worth every penny."

I am still in awe!! What a show