Toronto Wolfpack

metallithrax

Any Rugby League fans around here?

Any of the Canadians (or anyone for that matter) on the board heard of Toronto Wolfpack and the fact they have just been promoted to the Super League in the UK?

I'm hoping they can make a good go of it and stay in Super League for a while. There is also a team being started in Ottowa that is due to join the lower leagues in 2021.

Toronto won 2the 2 promotions needed to reach the top flight in 3 years, although there are quite a few RL fans that don't like the fact that there aren't any Canadian Rl players in their team.

• Like 1

I don't, and haven't watched rugby, but when I watch sport's highlights, I've seen what happens in some of the matches. I've heard of Toronto rugby's team called "Toronto Wolfpack".

I don't agree with this idea. No Canadian players, the logistics of the away fixtures etc. The argument is that it is all about expansion, yet the RFL can't even get a viable team up and running in London, a city of 8 million potential RL fans. Plus the fact it was the Broncos that lost their place to Toronto in SL!!

Having said that though, I'll be the first on the plane when Huddersfield play out there. Should be a good lash up.

• Like 2

I don't agree with this idea. No Canadian players, the logistics of the away fixtures etc. The argument is that it is all about expansion, yet the RFL can't even get a viable team up and running in London, a city of 8 million potential RL fans. Plus the fact it was the Broncos that lost their place to Toronto in SL!!

Having said that though, I'll be the first on the plane when Huddersfield play out there. Should be a good lash up.

For it to be successful, Toronto will need to stay in Super League for a few years at least. If they go straight back down, it will kill any expansion beyond what we have now I think.

I was torn watching the MPG as I wanted Toronto to win to see how things would go in future sesons, but I have loved watching London play even though they spanked Trinity.

I do agree that having no Canadian players isn't a good thing after the things they said when they started.

• Like 1