Secret Touch

Lorraine

I don't eat Fruit Loops

Oh I'm thinking you've definitely consumed a few loops in your time. :guitar:

Hahahaha!!!

I have my friend! Back in the 70's and 80's!

Sadly I married a fruit loop too. But no regrets.

I have two amazing daughters who are 4.0 students, play soccer and enjoy Cinnamon Toast Crunch with Almond Milk. LOL!

Seriously, I haven't eaten breakfast in 30 years.

I would rather stay up late, drink a few beers, have a snack. Drink a flavored carbonated water and lucid dream of the ocean or playing drums for RUSH. LOL!

The electric fire burns deep within the Pacific Ocean's molten solid crust.

All I want to do is take care of my loved ones and live for my Rock N Roll Lust!

Halloween is everyday or so some of the pundits so fuckking say...............

John Carpenter is the best director and composer of all time.

So says some hot chick running from "The Fog" in Antonio Bay....................

Do you get me??

Love this fuckking forum.

I hate social media.

Irony Rules!

Third Eyes!

You are good!

• Like 1

VT has gone back and forth in my rankings between a mediocre Rush album and a rather poor one. At its best and its worst, I find it just doesn’t stick with me all that well. That said, the hook on Secret Touch is one of the best in the record, and it’s always been one of my preferred tracks from VT.

Regardless of whatever EP. You know you are awesome. You are another forum member I love.

Cheers!!

Earl

• Like 1

I've still liked the remixed combinations of "Secret Touch" to "Out of the Cradle".
  • Like 1

One of my favourite Rush songs. So close to real life for me when it came out and helped me through a bad time. The only Vapour Trails song where I prefer the original over the remixed version. During Alex's solo when Geddy comes in goes right through me

I know what you mean.

Do you have a favorite version of it?

A Rush song that gets little attention. but one that, to me at least, has Neil's best lyrics. I think it's a beautiful song.

I like this version better than the album cut:

http://youtu.be/Wc6qcn3oxVg

It certainly saves VT from being at the bottom of the barrel.

As my most bottom of the barrel Rush record for me I will say this song is the best one on the record.

Quick story.

So I was married for 19 years and it was a damn good run. She went all over North America to see Rush with me even though it wasn't her passion.

Well, on the R30 Tour my buddy drove us to the Hollywood Bowl to see the gig.

Upon entering the parking lot i just didn't look like such a smart move. Back there there was no Uber or Lyft and his house was very close to the venue so I didn't think much of it.

So as we run out of the concert when it ends we are first to the car so we can get the flukk out of dodge. Well, they parked us in a way where you have to wait for other frigging cars to leave first.

I was so pissed!! We had to wait for over 90 minutes to get out of there. My wife turns to me and says..............

"the way out is the way in."

I thought that was Epic at the time.

So many good times, yet it still failed.

"Love Stinks"

Signd,

J. Geils Band

Earl, you still love her.

I don't eat Fruit Loops

Hahahaha!!!

I have two amazing daughters who are 4.0 students, play soccer and enjoy Cinnamon Toast Crunch with Almond Milk. LOL!

I would rather stay up late, drink a few beers, have a snack. Drink a flavored carbonated water and lucid dream of the ocean or playing drums for RUSH. LOL!

All I want to do is take care of my loved ones and live for my Rock N Roll Lust!

So says some hot chick running from "The Fog" in Antonio Bay....................

Do you get me??

I hate social media.

Irony Rules!

Third Eyes!

You are good!

Earl, do you talk like that in real life? :popcorn:

• Like 1

I've still liked the remixed combinations of "Secret Touch" to "Out of the Cradle".

See what you did there? A nice and concise sentence where you make your point quickly and clearly, without all the commas and the boatloads of extra language that make people work hard to try and understand you. :cheers:

• Like 3

One of my favourite Rush songs. So close to real life for me when it came out and helped me through a bad time. The only Vapour Trails song where I prefer the original over the remixed version. During Alex's solo when Geddy comes in goes right through me

I know what you mean.

Do you have a favorite version of it?

I'm like you Lorraine. I prefer the live versions of most songs
  • Like 1

I don't eat Fruit Loops

Hahahaha!!!

Do you get me??

I hate social media.

Irony Rules!

Third Eyes!

You are good!

Earl, do you talk like that in real life? :popcorn:

Yes!

• Like 1

A Rush song that gets little attention. but one that, to me at least, has Neil's best lyrics. I think it's a beautiful song.

I like this version better than the album cut:

http://youtu.be/Wc6qcn3oxVg

It certainly saves VT from being at the bottom of the barrel.

As my most bottom of the barrel Rush record for me I will say this song is the best one on the record.

Quick story.

So I was married for 19 years and it was a damn good run. She went all over North America to see Rush with me even though it wasn't her passion.

Well, on the R30 Tour my buddy drove us to the Hollywood Bowl to see the gig.

Upon entering the parking lot i just didn't look like such a smart move. Back there there was no Uber or Lyft and his house was very close to the venue so I didn't think much of it.

So as we run out of the concert when it ends we are first to the car so we can get the flukk out of dodge. Well, they parked us in a way where you have to wait for other frigging cars to leave first.

I was so pissed!! We had to wait for over 90 minutes to get out of there. My wife turns to me and says..............

"the way out is the way in."

I thought that was Epic at the time.

So many good times, yet it still failed.

"Love Stinks"

Signd,

J. Geils Band

Earl, you still love her.

Yep

• Like 1

One of my favorite Rush songs. Top 5 all-time. IMO of course.

What are your other 4?

It changes all the time. Here's the best answer I can give.

I once made a spread sheet and broke songs down in 6 categories: Historical Significance, Fan Favoritism, Lyrics, Music, Uniqueness, and Extra Credit. Those categories were scored 1 - 10, and then the overall points for each song were scored. From that subscore, I evenly distributed the entire catalog from 1 - 10.

My goal was to just come up with a ranking system that wasn't giving the entire catalog 7s and up due to favoritism lol. If I had to give an equal amount of 10/10s and 1/10s, what would that look like?

So the 10/10s were (in no particular order):

2112, Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, The Garden, Between the Wheels, Limelight, Tom Sawyer, Witch Hunt, Red Barchetta, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Natural Science, Subdivisions, Losing It, One Little Victory and Secret Touch.

That's the best I can do, you ask for a Top 5, I give you a Top 16. I suck at following directions lol.

Edited by New World Kid
  • Like 1

See what you did there? A nice and concise sentence where you make your point quickly and clearly, without all the commas and the boatloads of extra language that make people work hard to try and understand you. :cheers:

I was meaning to say by adding, too, that not just the remixed combinations of "Secret Touch" to "Out of the Cradle" are, have been improved, and sound a lot better, than the original songs, but the rest of Rush's Vapor Trails (Remixed) c.d., and album from "One Little Victory" to "Vapor Trail" are the same way, too. When I say things, I make my points. :cheers: