Jann Wenner Stepping Down as Chairman of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation

driventotheedge

Way past time for his influence and hatred of metal and prog to be gone from the selection process. Maybe now bands like Sabbath and Rush won't have to wait 15+ years to get in and bands like Maiden and Priest will finally be elected.

Fukk this asshole. Leave now, not next year Jann.

• Like 7

Him and all the rest of the RSM whores. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Nice Motley Crue reference!! Good riddance to the scumbag! Just like that piece of garbage stepping down at JUUL.

Actually it was part of a sign posted in a bar attached to a bowling alley in Detroit I frequented from my early teens that stated "If you are under 21, don't..." Edited by pjbear05

This douchebag?

Noteworthy comment:

Dale Troy

1 year ago

51 years old, watched this 100+ times, and I still tear up every time I watch this! Never, and I mean NEVER again, will you see a reaction like this for another band, past-present or in the future at ANY music ceremony. Thank you Pratt, Dirk, and Lerxst for a lifetime of cherished memories that I will carry with me until the day I die.

tenor.gif?itemid=9391852

Epic quote. Is NWA in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME??

I love Straight Outta Compton." Great movie too.

I was lucky enough to fly down to LA and see RUSH get inducted into the HALL.

Sadly I had to stand there for over an hour watching fuckking Chuck D and Flavor Savor Fruit Flav ramble on and and on and on and on.

It was a joke and and an embarrassment. JMO

I HATE PUBLIC ENEMY. They ruined rap for my ears.

I loved Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash.

RUN DMC ruled.

I saw the Raising Hell Tour in Oakland Ca when I was a senior in high school. Whodini and LL COOL J opened. It was fuckking incredible.

There were blacks and whites and all kinds of colors there in 1986. There was no drama. There was no hate or fighting or anger.

We were all there to rock and rap our asses off. It was so awesome!

I stil have my "Raising Hell" Tour Book.

I love old school rap.

I am soooooo glad I was born in 1968.

I feel so sorry for the kids these days and the crap they have to grow up with.

Downloads, uploads, shitloads of crap.

I am forced to have Apple Music on my iPhone because I have no cd player in my car.

I can download every ACCEPT album except "BREAKER." Their best album for my ears.

It sucks!

I will buy cds until I die.

I don't trust the grid.

But keep selling your cd collections.

I will be the guy to find the gems and buy them!!

ROCK AND ROLL!

BLACK N BLUE should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Yeah Right! LOL!

Neil could not have known that the abysmal future of music would arrive long before 2112. Seriously, 2112 is incredibly predictive. It needs to be a major motion picture like right now. It's never been more relevant than with the music of today and in other ways too. Just listen to Spotify's Top 50 playlists. You just have to know Temple music is similarly auto-tuned to death.

Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 2

Epic quote. Is NWA in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME??

I love Straight Outta Compton." Great movie too.

I was lucky enough to fly down to LA and see RUSH get inducted into the HALL.

Sadly I had to stand there for over an hour watching fuckking Chuck D and Flavor Savor Fruit Flav ramble on and and on and on and on.

It was a joke and and an embarrassment. JMO

I HATE PUBLIC ENEMY. They ruined rap for my ears.

I loved Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash.

RUN DMC ruled.

I saw the Raising Hell Tour in Oakland Ca when I was a senior in high school. Whodini and LL COOL J opened. It was fuckking incredible.

There were blacks and whites and all kinds of colors there in 1986. There was no drama. There was no hate or fighting or anger.

We were all there to rock and rap our asses off. It was so awesome!

A number of rappers from back then have come out publicly blaming the labels for encouraging them to be negative. Not hard to believe. Conflict sells. If it bleeds it leads.

• Like 1

Neil could not have known that the abysmal future of music would arrive long before 2112. Seriously, 2112 is incredibly predictive. It needs to be a major motion picture like right now. It's never been more relevant than with the music of today and in other ways too. Just listen to Spotify's Top 50 playlists. You just have to know Temple music is similarly auto-tuned to death.

I agree about "2112" becoming a big motion picture. I've been wanting to write the screenplay for years.

• Like 1

This douchebag?

What a great moment.

It was one of the greatest nights of my life being in that room. It was magic. Pure kinetic energy racing through everyone's veins! The chills running down my spine. The tiny tears in the corner of my eyes.

So quick story. I was with my wife back then and of course I was wearing a RUSH tee. As we were walking to the venue I saw Jack Blades from Night Ranger. You know me, I have no fear in meeting rock and rollers. I ran up to him to say hi. He was sooooo nice! He looked at my shirt and told me he loved it. I told Jack that I've seen Rush 60 times since 1984. His eyes popped out of his eyes and he said to me.... "Wow, you are the world's biggest Rush fan! So I'm going in early to watch soundcheck. I will make sure to tell Geddy, Alex and Neil that their biggest fan is here to support them for the induction!" I gave him a high five and he split!

• Like 1