• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#521 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34996 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:33 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 23 March 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

Local sport network NESN (New England Sports Network) has been doing a great public service.  They've been running classic Bruins games, and classic college hockey games.  Last night my son and I watched a Bruins game from November 1989 against the Canadiens.  My son's response at one point was a reality check about my age.

"Look how slow these guys are.  Pasta (Pastrnak) would absolute kill these goalies."

He was talking about Roy.  :lol:

Goalies like Roy, Hasek and Brodeur would still be good in today's game. The standup goalies from pre-mid '80s would get fried.

Sponsored Post

#522 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 30293 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:06 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 23 March 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 23 March 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

Local sport network NESN (New England Sports Network) has been doing a great public service.  They've been running classic Bruins games, and classic college hockey games.  Last night my son and I watched a Bruins game from November 1989 against the Canadiens.  My son's response at one point was a reality check about my age.

"Look how slow these guys are.  Pasta (Pastrnak) would absolute kill these goalies."

He was talking about Roy.  :lol:

Goalies like Roy, Hasek and Brodeur would still be good in today's game. The standup goalies from pre-mid '80s would get fried.

Another classic line he broke out was, "This is like watching a very physical men's league game."  The difference in the overall speed of the game is definitely jarring.

#523 Rhyta

Rhyta

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1405 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:32 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 22 March 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 March 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 22 March 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostSnowdog92, on 22 March 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 21 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Sad news,  a second Ottawa Senator has tested positive for COVID 19.  This affects San Jose, Anaheim and LA since the Sens last road trip.  :o

Just when you thought there was no way for their season to get worse lol
Let's hope that malaria/HIV treatment works on Tuesday, because I'm tired of watching table tennis from Russia to get my sport kicks.

Squirrel waterskiing has you bored already?
No, I go for the heavy stuff...Belarus soccer. Do you know they haven't had any cases yet? Lucky bastards!  :wtf:

Yeah I believe that....probably got some just not saying. :eh:  I watched 2017 Stanley Cup finals on Demand yesterday, was from Showtime series All Access.  Was better than I remembered.  Funny how it was uncensored, surprise that hockey players like to drop the F bomb so much :laughing guy:

Edited by Rhyta, 23 March 2020 - 02:35 PM.

#524 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

View PostRhyta, on 23 March 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 22 March 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 March 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 22 March 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostSnowdog92, on 22 March 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 21 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Sad news,  a second Ottawa Senator has tested positive for COVID 19.  This affects San Jose, Anaheim and LA since the Sens last road trip.  :o

Just when you thought there was no way for their season to get worse lol
Let's hope that malaria/HIV treatment works on Tuesday, because I'm tired of watching table tennis from Russia to get my sport kicks.

Squirrel waterskiing has you bored already?
No, I go for the heavy stuff...Belarus soccer. Do you know they haven't had any cases yet? Lucky bastards!  :wtf:

Yeah I believe that....probably got some just not saying. :eh:  I watched 2017 Stanley Cup finals on Demand yesterday, was from Showtime series All Access.  Was better than I remembered.  Funny how it was uncensored, surprise that hockey players like to drop the F bomb so much :laughing guy:
Belarus President Lukaszenko claims all you have to do is spend some time in a spa, wash your hands using alcohol, and have a shot of vodka. Way ahead of you, Lu! :hail:

#525 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 30293 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Bruins - Canadiens, game 1, 2011 playoffs tonight.

#526 Rhyta

Rhyta

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:04 PM

Tuesday night NHL channel had both Stanley Cup wins for the Avs 1996 and 2001.  Really enjoyed reliving those games, the rats on the ice in Florida.  Made me remember and appreciate how we got the Denver Grizzlies moved here to SLC because of the Avs.  And that same year we were in playoffs in IHL and people here were throwing trout on the ice when the Grizz scored :laughing guy:
I never liked Roy that much when he was with Montreal but I enjoyed him with the Avs.  Forgot about him razzing Jeremy Roenik during the playoffs..can't hear what he is saying I have two Stanley Cup rings in my ears :smash:
What I didn't remember that the goaltender for the Florida Panthers Vanbiesbrouck ended up being Brodeur's backup in 2001. :ph34r:

Sure seems like longer than 2 weeks since I saw a game :sigh:

#527 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostRhyta, on 26 March 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

Tuesday night NHL channel had both Stanley Cup wins for the Avs 1996 and 2001.  Really enjoyed reliving those games, the rats on the ice in Florida.  Made me remember and appreciate how we got the Denver Grizzlies moved here to SLC because of the Avs.  And that same year we were in playoffs in IHL and people here were throwing trout on the ice when the Grizz scored :laughing guy:
I never liked Roy that much when he was with Montreal but I enjoyed him with the Avs.  Forgot about him razzing Jeremy Roenik during the playoffs..can't hear what he is saying I have two Stanley Cup rings in my ears :smash:
What I didn't remember that the goaltender for the Florida Panthers Vanbiesbrouck ended up being Brodeur's backup in 2001. :ph34r:

Sure seems like longer than 2 weeks since I saw a game :sigh:
And you probably won't see any games from Belarus. 86 cases, shutdown imminent. Back to table tennis. :banghead:

Edited by blackhawkrush, 26 March 2020 - 04:11 PM.

#528 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:10 PM

I'm watching the 2010 first round playoff games against Nashville in my "man cave". McCreary, :moon: (I can't believe he was still in the league then) gives Kopecky a boarding penalty. I start screaming "what a terrible call, ****, and so on". My wife walks in and asks me "Did they start playing again?"  Enough said... :sarcastic:

#529 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 18697 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:36 AM

I hope all of you & yours are doing well in this strange new world in which we reside! As a season ticket holder and in the "Bolt For Life" system which is just a fancy way to say I make monthly payments as opposed to a lump sum payout. We were officially notified that our 1st payment for the 20/21 (this month) season will be postponed/ delayed but not cancelled! I just assume to make the payment so my monthly payments will not increase as the 1st months (maybe more) will be redistbuted/ prorated to the remainder of the payment year. Luckey enough for me my job is still up and going as construction is deemed as essential! My better 1/2 and are are so blessed as I know alot of folks out there are unable to go to work. There is always a chance our job could get shut down but it will take the sheriff at a locked gate to keep me from showing up! So it's not like I can't make my scheduled payments. Only time will tell. Back to hockey lol I did get to watch the rerun of the stadium series between the Flyers vs Penguins. To top off the awesomeness of how that game was, it was in a miked up format. It really gave another dimension to the game as I got to hear all the smack the players and coaches say to each other, the other team and of course the zebra's. Also wactched some reruns of the Olympics mirical on ice games. Be safe out the everyone...

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 29 March 2020 - 02:10 PM.

#530 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

The NHLPA voted yet again for the best jersey in the league. The results were predictable: Hawks 28.25% of the votes, Knights 6.83%, Leafs 6.83%, Rangers 6.38%...

#531 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:43 PM

I'm contractually obligated to hate the Blackhawks, but those are sweet jerseys. There's something about that blood red . . .

The Blues have done some good ones, but there are so many iconic sweaters out there. My responses wouldn't include Vegas, but nearly all of the Original Six would be in the top ten.

#532 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8774 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:48 PM

Bruins were doing so good....they could of won the cup .   Its to bad.  CORONA :rage:

#533 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

View PostChicken hawk, on 01 April 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Bruins were doing so good....they could of won the cup .   Its to bad.  CORONA :rage:
And I would have been a fan of the Bruins come playoff time, thinking that the Hawks probably didn't make it to the top 16. I know that in some countries, they're starting to award the championship to whoever was in first place before "the pause." I don't think that's going to happen in the NHL, though.

#534 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 18697 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:45 AM

View PostChicken hawk, on 01 April 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

The only team that seemed to have their number was me Bolts! Tampa was playing their best hockey of the season even enduring the injury bug and a "next man up" scenario. The last game Tampa and Boston played was an indication of how intense that playoff series was gonna be! Seems like 10,000 years ago.. :( :( :(

I miss my :hockey: ...

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 04 April 2020 - 07:46 AM.

#535 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25521 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Bettman says we could finish this season even in August, if need be... :o

#536 Rhyta

Rhyta

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

I sincerely doubt there is going to be a finish to the season.  They may do the awards but I would be very surprised if they had a playoff, just doesn't look like this virus is going to be easily managed.  Wish it wasn't true but I think the writing is on the wall. :sigh:

#537 Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman

By-Tor on the Bayou

• Members
  • 23914 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying every day that ends in Y.

Posted Today, 02:47 AM

It will be a surprise if they start the next season on time.

#538 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8774 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted Today, 09:59 AM

View PostRhyta, on 10 April 2020 - 02:43 AM, said:

I sincerely doubt there is going to be a finish to the season.  They may do the awards but I would be very surprised if they had a playoff, just doesn't look like this virus is going to be easily managed.  Wish it wasn't true but I think the writing is on the wall. :sigh:
This is so unreal...no sports on,  wont be for a while.   No high school sports either.

Will our summer be affected ? Probably.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

blackhawkrush