The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Canucks 3 Hawks 0 :banghead: Well, at least we'll stay over .500 until Saturday. :P 25-24-8

Still don't understand how you claim to be over .500 when you are 25-32

Canucks 3 Hawks 0 :banghead: Well, at least we'll stay over .500 until Saturday. :P 25-24-8

Still don't understand how you claim to be over .500 when you are 25-32

Because you can't lose when you gain a point in a game. That's a draw in my book.
  • Like 2

C :fury: A :fury: R :fury: P :fury: E :fury: N :fury: T :fury: E :fury: R :bitchslap: Hawks 1 Jets 0

We may have some problems now. :scared: Hawks 1 Jets 1

Another long shot. :banghead: Jets 2 Hawks 1

K :drool: A :drool: N :drool: E :chickendance: Hawks 2 Jets 2
  • Like 1

C :fury: A :fury: R :fury: P :fury: E :fury: N :fury: T :fury: E :fury: R :bitchslap: Hawks 1 Jets 0

Third long shot goal. :sigh: Jets 3 Hawks 2

Third long shot goal. :sigh: Jets 3 Hawks 2

Final. 26-25-8

Pavelski left all alone in front of the net. :facepalm: Stars 1 Hawks 0

K :dweez: U :dweez: B :dweez: A :dweez: L :dweez: I :dweez: K :martini: Hawks 1 Stars 1

Now it's Seguin with no coverage. :eyeroll: Stars 2 Hawks 1

Pavelski left all alone in front of the net. :facepalm: Stars 1 Hawks 0

K :dweez: U :dweez: B :dweez: A :dweez: L :dweez: I :dweez: K :martini: Hawks 1 Stars 1

Now it's Seguin with no coverage. :eyeroll: Stars 2 Hawks 1

Final. 27-27-8

Well can I just say how funny I find it that on the day Ovie gets his 700 goal, a 42 year old zamboni driver steals the spotlight from him :laughing guy:. I was watching the NHL network Saturday and saw the goalies for Carolina go down and saw Ayres come out and get scored on in the 2nd period. I thought he was in for a long night but he stopped all the shots in the third period (with some great D by Carolina). What a great story, especially since he is a kidney transplant survivor and never thought he would play again. :dweez: :hockey: Now he is going to be at the Carolina game Tuesday, so happy for him. It was a great moment that made me smile :D

I know Ovie is talented but I personally don't like him and am getting tired of everyone fawning all over him, so my opinion is probably in the minority but I hope Gretzky's record stands a while longer, :finbar:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

Well can I just say how funny I find it that on the day Ovie gets his 700 goal, a 42 year old zamboni driver steals the spotlight from him :laughing guy:. I was watching the NHL network Saturday and saw the goalies for Carolina go down and saw Ayres come out and get scored on in the 2nd period. I thought he was in for a long night but he stopped all the shots in the third period (with some great D by Carolina). What a great story, especially since he is a kidney transplant survivor and never thought he would play again. :dweez: :hockey: Now he is going to be at the Carolina game Tuesday, so happy for him. It was a great moment that made me smile :D

I know Ovie is talented but I personally don't like him and am getting tired of everyone fawning all over him, so my opinion is probably in the minority but I hope Gretzky's record stands a while longer, :finbar:

I think Ayres gave up those two goals in order to get the win on his own. ;) Ovechkin has always been a selfish player. :moon: Hawks say goodbye to Gustafsson and Lehner. First one can't play defense and the second didn't want to play behind such horrible defense. :P

I honestly don't understand Bowman's logic in some of these trades. Personally I think Lehner was doing a good job, while he had slumped a bit lately. It was probably money more than anything but our goal tending is going to suffer now. I love Crawford but one more bad hit and he is done now he's had two concussions, so Subban isn't exactly ready to take over if need be. Great way to flush the morale down the toilet. Yes, they probably weren't going to make the playoffs again but still. What was the problem with Gustafsson? I saw him have some good games and score too. Personally I think it is time for Bowman to leave, he has contributed to the decline of the team with some lousy trades....cough Panarin cough.
  • Like 1

The Toronto sports media is having a field day with this, and rightly so! Great story.

Steve Dangle almost had an aneurysm.

It'll be interesting to see how they do against TB tonight and FLA on Thurs.

ERbmL-OUUAIe_1r.png

• Like 2

I honestly don't understand Bowman's logic in some of these trades. Personally I think Lehner was doing a good job, while he had slumped a bit lately. It was probably money more than anything but our goal tending is going to suffer now. I love Crawford but one more bad hit and he is done now he's had two concussions, so Subban isn't exactly ready to take over if need be. Great way to flush the morale down the toilet. Yes, they probably weren't going to make the playoffs again but still. What was the problem with Gustafsson? I saw him have some good games and score too. Personally I think it is time for Bowman to leave, he has contributed to the decline of the team with some lousy trades....cough Panarin cough.

Gustafsson is going to be a UFA. I don't think the Hawks can afford to give a guy that can't play D a new contract, unless you make him a forward, like Byfuglien. The team might shop for a goalie in the off-season, one that doesn't make $5 million a year.
  • Like 1