The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Game one in a few hours!

Can't wait! I gotta go cut the lawn so I can settle down a little!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

You already won 11-5 in the NHL.com staff members' poll...or is that a kiss of death? :unsure:

Game one in a few hours!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

You already won 11-5 in the NHL.com staff members' poll...or is that a kiss of death? :unsure:

It could go either direction! Everytime all the "experts" claim their's no way the Lightning can lose. The Bolts find new ways to choke..

So only time will tell! 2 1/2 hours it begins ;)

Let's GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1

Game one in a few hours!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

It could go either direction! Everytime all the "experts" claim their's no way the Lightning can lose. The Bolts find new ways to choke..

So only time will tell! 2 1/2 hours it begins ;)

Let's GO Lightning!!!

See !!! Thank God it's a best of 7 series!!! Ugh!!!! :facepalm:

Let's GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

As usual, when Hawks are not involved, I will be rooting for the Eastern Conference representative in the final, although I can't help but feel sympathy for a team that eliminated two of the biggest snobs in the NHL. So, if Dallas wins, I won't be cutting my veins.

C'mon tell us who you mean, bet one will be on Vegas right?

I expected Dallas to be ready since they had 4 days off but Tampa sure kept up the pressure. Wasn't the shots in the 3rd period 20-3 in favor of Tampa? Dallas will kill Khudobin if they keep leaning on him to save everything. It is going to be a close series.

Monday the NHL will be handing out the last awards a half hour before the game...Gretzky, Messier and other former Oilers will be the presenters. Would be better if this was live but it still will be nice to see it. Hope MacKinnon gets one of the awards he is up for.

• Like 2

And now begins the least interesting Cup final ever. Can only imagine the ratings for this snoozefest.

I dunno man, that was a good game. Those teams were skating. Only the goaltending kept that from being a 6-5 game.

I won't lie. I watched the last 2 periods. It was pretty darn good.

• Like 2

As usual, when Hawks are not involved, I will be rooting for the Eastern Conference representative in the final, although I can't help but feel sympathy for a team that eliminated two of the biggest snobs in the NHL. So, if Dallas wins, I won't be cutting my veins.

If the shoe fits... ;)
  • Like 1

wOw! What a battle on the ice tonight! A battle of will & determination from both clubs! So far the 6 periods played, intensity & physicality has ebbed & flowed! Wheels within Wheels! Tonight me Bolt hung on for the WIN! I have a feeling Wendsdaze game may turn into a downright melee! ;)

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

If the shoe fits... ;)

:eh: Rather cryptic.. :hockeygoon:

Way to go Bolts, now it is a best of five. Watched the awards before the game, so glad that Cale Makar got the Calder, that kid is going to have a great career. Hellebuck for Vezina I didn't see coming but after listening the NHL network guys, he does deserve it especially since the Jets have lousy defense. Josi was also a bit of a dark horse for Norris too. Draisatl for both Ted Lindsay and Hart? I thought MacKinnon deserved one of those but he did get Lady Bing, maybe next year.
  • Like 1

Draisatl deserved to win all of his 3 trophies. He is an unstoppable machine. Someday he will win a Stanley Cup, but not with the Oilers.

I didn't watch the N.H.L. Awards, but I did watch game two of Tampa Bay, and Dallas. I'm glad, Tampa Bay won by beating Dallas 3-2 to tie the Stanley Cup Final 1-1. I'll be watching tomorrow, and tomorrow night's game three.
  • Like 1

Nice to see our Captain back on the ice tonight! Even if for only 2:47 and 1 goal, what a lift for me Bolts! It surely showed as a dominant 5-2 victory ensued! Tampa now leads the Stanley Cup series 2-1... Next up is a Stanley Cup 1st for me with a back to back Friday & Saturday! Very interesting indeed!

I am very happy yet still a bit reserved... But with that said, if me Bolts contiue to play the way they are only the best will happen for Tampa!!!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

• Like 3

Stars in 7. Do yourself a favor and put some money on them tomorrow.

You sure about that? Bolts looked pretty good but Stars have been pesky so it isn't over.

• Like 2

Stars in 7. Do yourself a favor and put some money on them tomorrow.

You sure about that? Bolts looked pretty good but Stars have been pesky so it isn't over.

High hopes dashed. : / But I still say STARS in 7. They are not the better team, but they've overcome that twice before this postseason. We're getting their best whatever happens, and a hot netminder goes a long way.

Well all of us here in Tampa are expecting The Stars to bring it tonight! With that said and what we have seen WE GOT THIS!!... There will be no appearance of our Captain Steve Stamkos (so we have been told) but I think this is the most rounded Lightning team I have ever seen... Either way it's gonna be one hell of a match and even more so tomorrow night!!!

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Well all of us here in Tampa are expecting The Stars to bring it tonight! With that said and what we have seen WE GOT THIS!!... There will be no appearance of our Captain Steve Stamkos (so we have been told) but I think this is the most rounded Lightning team I have ever seen... Either way it's gonna be one hell of a match and even more so tomorrow night!!!

Lets GO Lightning!!!

This Stamkos appearance reminds me of the movie Awakenings with Williams and De Niro.
  • Like 1