Ric Ocasek RIP

custom55

Wow. I loved the Cars, especially their first album. It was such a fresh, melodic sound and I still like listening to them. There was always a rumor going around our school at the time that they were coming for a concert. :LOL:

I wouldn't have thought he was that old, and didn't realize he had separated from his wife.

A friend in Michigan worked in a very upscale mall outside Detroit and sold him socks when they were in town in the 80's. She said he was very nice. This is so sad. :( Rest In Paradise, Ric. :rose:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Found out a minute ago and I’m already teary eyed. :( They’ve been one of my favorite bands of all time. Always loved them but finally got into their albums around mid 00s. I loved the Magic video when I was 3 years old. Ric walking on water was awesome. Great work as a producer with Weezer being the most notable. Glad they got inducted before he died.

RIP and say hi to Ben for us.

• Like 2

This one is a hard one to take. He was so good as a songwriter and producer and his music is a big part of my life. Wow. RIP

Yeah.

I feel like I should do a Cars marathon, but it'd just be too sad.

• Like 1

This one is a hard one to take. He was so good as a songwriter and producer and his music is a big part of my life. Wow. RIP

Yeah.

I feel like I should do a Cars marathon, but it'd just be too sad.

It took me awhile for Petty. That combined with the Las Vegas tragedy that day hurt me way too much. Him and Cornell made me sob the hardest.

I actually listened to side two of their first two albums yesterday on vinyl. Starting to slowly get my way back to listening to vinyl records.

• Like 2

Good grief. Another 80's icon passed on.

Out of respect and not intentionally trying to pun, my first response when I saw that Ric Ocasek passed on was 'uh-oh it's tragic'. :(

i guess he took up the offer of the second ticket to paradise and headed out with eddie money...

May he rip

The first couple of cars records were great

He was a great producer too

Iirc he produced the bad brains classic

I against I

• Like 2

RIP. :rose: RIC

waking up in bed about an hour ago, click tv on and i hear, "remembering Ric Ocasek" and I bolt up and gasp, " NOOO!!!! "

(throw in bunch of profanity here)

I've listened to the Cars forever. Since elementary school. since the beginning, since my beginning.

I always felt Rick was the definition of quintessential badass cool. :notworthy:

I did not know him, but I will miss him.

Thanks for everything Ric!

:hug2: Big hug to Benjamin. Friends again!

• Like 4

My mother passed away this morning. This is too much for me.

Segue,

Many of us on the forum have lost our parents as well. You should post a thread in the general forum section if you want to talk / workthrough / vent / memorialize. You might be surprise how the act of talking with others, even digitally, can help. :)

All our hearts go out to you.

• Like 6