THE WHO - Ball And Chain - new song!

greyfriar

Meh.....it's a pretty generic Who-like song. The lyrics are intriguing, but the song is nothing special.

Meh.....it's a pretty generic Who-like song. The lyrics are intriguing, but the song is nothing special.

Meh, what’s the B-Side Immigration Judge?

Down in El Paso we still waiting on an immigration judge.

Smoke a big cigar when I win my asylum claim.

Edited by JohnRogers

Meh, what’s the B-Side Immigration Judge?

Immigration Judge:

ah-ah hah

ah-ah-hah

Come from southern lands we set forth,

in the the blazing sun we journey north,

the hammer of the gods,

we walk our parties to new lands,

to cross the border, hopeful we try,

immigration judge, I am coming!

Edited by grep
  • Like 4

I love the song and the video. Hats off to half of The WHO!! Great release.

Glad to see that they're still playing pure, honest maximum R'n'B in 2019!

• Like 4

Very unexpected, but by sure appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IN8wYqQ6E

I saw The Who in 1982 with The Clash. I was 14. Changed my life and I've never looked back. I'm a Pete Townshend Freak! I love the man but really??? It's a very generic blues standard song. I did like the montage with the baked beans. A reference to Ann Margaret in "TOMMY." One of my all time favorite movies. I really don't have many crushes on Hollywood women, but Ann Margaret is it for me. Carol Brady too.

Anyway, The lyrics are soooooooo generic and lame to me. I HATE Politics in my music hence I will NEVER join VANILLA WHITE SCONE. I would never go into that arena and deal with the ultra left or right in anything yet I am a Republican.

On that note, I think Pete is way off here in his cliche generic political outburst.

I've been to Cuba. I was very lucky to go for three nights. 18 years ago. Cuba is a beautiful place. Now granted I was a tourist but I walked through the ruins of Havana with wonderful children coming up to me and wanting my Oakley sunglasses. It's like if Cuba ever does get back on it's feet the New Orleans ruins will transform again into the The French Quarters 2.0. Beautiful buildings. Hotels stuck in time. Cuban cigars were fantastic. As were their Mohitos, Bucaneero Beers and tasty food. I know it was a long time ago when I went there but man the people there are beautiful and wonderful. All the wonderful American cars that still run on diesel today. Hemingway's apartment was coot to see. The Cuban people embrace baseball. The greatest sport ever invented. I have Cuban art on my walls from that trip. Pete is a TOOL. LOL!!! Cuba is a fantastic country and I am sure one day there will be a Starbucks on every corner. I fuckking hate politics in my music.

I saw Elvis Costello with Blonde last month.

Blondie finished their set and walked off for the encore.

I was excited to hear some classics.

Instead these fat old gray ultra liberal tits came back on stage and played the entire Bond song "From Russia With Love." With the President Of The United States Logo on the Diamond Vision Screens.

Everyone was standing up and cheering and yelling and screaming.

Now I know about our current President and he is what he is, but dang, keep that hate and political shite out of my rock and roll.

I paid money to see two iconic rock pop bands. I don't need to see that crap regardless of what party you belong too!

This really upsets me know because I have Who tickets to see them at Chase in SF. If Pete is going to go off on an ultra left political rant I'm out.

• Like 1

I saw The Who in 1982 with The Clash. I was 14. Changed my life and I've never looked back. I'm a Pete Townshend Freak! I love the man but really??? It's a very generic blues standard song. I did like the montage with the baked beans. A reference to Ann Margaret in "TOMMY." One of my all time favorite movies. I really don't have many crushes on Hollywood women, but Ann Margaret is it for me. Carol Brady too.

Anyway, The lyrics are soooooooo generic and lame to me. I HATE Politics in my music hence I will NEVER join VANILLA WHITE SCONE. I would never go into that arena and deal with the ultra left or right in anything yet I am a Republican.

On that note, I think Pete is way off here in his cliche generic political outburst.

I've been to Cuba. I was very lucky to go for three nights. 18 years ago. Cuba is a beautiful place. Now granted I was a tourist but I walked through the ruins of Havana with wonderful children coming up to me and wanting my Oakley sunglasses. It's like if Cuba ever does get back on it's feet the New Orleans ruins will transform again into the The French Quarters 2.0. Beautiful buildings. Hotels stuck in time. Cuban cigars were fantastic. As were their Mohitos, Bucaneero Beers and tasty food. I know it was a long time ago when I went there but man the people there are beautiful and wonderful. All the wonderful American cars that still run on diesel today. Hemingway's apartment was coot to see. The Cuban people embrace baseball. The greatest sport ever invented. I have Cuban art on my walls from that trip. Pete is a TOOL. LOL!!! Cuba is a fantastic country and I am sure one day there will be a Starbucks on every corner. I fuckking hate politics in my music.

Instead these fat old gray ultra liberal tits came back on stage and played the entire Bond song "From Russia With Love." With the President Of The United States Logo on the Diamond Vision Screens.

Now I know about our current President and he is what he is, but dang, keep that hate and political shite out of my rock and roll.

I paid money to see two iconic rock pop bands. I don't need to see that crap regardless of what party you belong too!

This really upsets me know because I have Who tickets to see them at Chase in SF. If Pete is going to go off on an ultra left political rant I'm out.

There was no rant when I saw them in May, just an amazing set with strings.

• Like 2

There was no rant when I saw them in May, just an amazing set with strings.

Thanks for telling me! I am going to accept the strings at this show. Glad Pete isn't going to go off politically.

I saw them at South Lake Tahoe with my parents a few years ago. Pete said that it might be the last time they ever play live in North America.

Pete was soooooo pissed off up there in the altitude. All of guitars went out of tune.

He hated it up there. Told the audience to "f**k off and that my guitars are out of tune and I'm very cold. Going to get a cup of tea to warm up my bones."

He was a dick that night but he did come out later to apologize for his rant.

I've seen every MK of The Who except Moon.

Gone to every tour since 1982. Pete was in rare form in South Lake Tahoe, but very entertaining.

I hope they just rock out at the Chase Center and then retire.......

I want one more Pete Townshend solo album with Simon Philips on drums.

Time for some "Live At Leeds."

• Like 2

lol

"The only people...who put iced tea...in Jack Daniels bottles...IS THA CLASH BABY!!!!" - David Lee Roth

I've heard a few stories about this tour, and every account i heard was that the Clash were roundly booed by the audience every night. And that the Who, newly reinvigorated with Kenney Jones, kicked major ass.