Jump to content


The One Album Wonder! Derek And The Dominos vs. Sex Pistols

Love The Cat And The Duck

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Albums

  1. Layla And Assorted Love Songs (10 votes [58.82%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 58.82%

  2. Nevermind The Bollocks (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Bands

  1. Derek And The Dominos (11 votes [64.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 64.71%

  2. Sex Pistols (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 7267 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

I know, I know....but I couldn't resist.

Sponsored Post

#2 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 80249 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

Pistols ftmfw

#3 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

Sex Pistols were a bigger gut punch.

#4 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 September 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Pistols ftmfw
word

#5 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 9094 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

Good poll!  I always think of the Sex Pistols as one step away from a boy band, since they were basically put together in the same way by Malcolm McLaren and his assistant Bernard Rhodes.  John Lydon and Sid Vicious were basically hired for their (non) looks.  

Yes, their album had a huge effect on the music business and art at the time but I think of it as more style than substance.  (I'm not sure if I am explaining this right but I think of them like the Monkees or something.).  I don't dislike them and like some of their songs a lot but Iggy Pop and the Stooges or someone like that seem more genuine both in their rebellion and in their music.  

Derek and the Dominoes, now there's a band.  :heart:

#6 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 9094 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:47 PM

And I've never asked you, EP, why do you like Cats and Ducks ??   :lol:

#7 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

View Postblueschica, on 09 September 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

Good poll!  I always think of the Sex Pistols as one step away from a boy band, since they were basically put together in the same way by Malcolm McLaren and his assistant Bernard Rhodes.  John Lydon and Sid Vicious were basically hired for their (non) looks.  

Yes, their album had a huge effect on the music business and art at the time but I think of it as more style than substance.  (I'm not sure if I am explaining this right but I think of them like the Monkees or something.).  I don't dislike them and like some of their songs a lot but Iggy Pop and the Stooges or someone like that seem more genuine both in their rebellion and in their music.  

Derek and the Dominoes, now there's a band.  :heart:
Boy band?

#8 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 7267 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:48 AM

View Postblueschica, on 09 September 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

And I've never asked you, EP, why do you like Cats and Ducks ??   :lol:

It seems to be the most common tag around, so I use it to. I’ve always thought maybe it was a reference to The Cat 3 and Treeduck, maybe?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo, 10 September 2019 - 12:48 AM.


#9 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 10 September 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 09 September 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

And I've never asked you, EP, why do you like Cats and Ducks ??   :lol:

It seems to be the most common tag around, so I use it to. I’ve always thought maybe it was a reference to The Cat 3 and Treeduck, maybe?

It's for treeduck and babycat I believe. I'm pretty sure the tag was around before The Cat 3 changed his name to that.

#10 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 18905 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:32 AM

Derek and the Dominoes, hands down.

#11 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 19363 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:59 AM

Derek and the Dominos easily.

never been much of a punk guy honestly.

Mick

#12 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48057 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 September 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Pistols ftmfw

Ftmfw?

#13 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48057 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:02 PM

:blah:  Neither.  :)

#14 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4943 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

DnD..
Sex pistols were no talent shit

#15 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 19363 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 September 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 September 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Pistols ftmfw

Ftmfw?

I think he meant FTW (for the win)

or maybe for the massive fukking win?

Mick

#16 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48057 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 10 September 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 September 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 September 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Pistols ftmfw

Ftmfw?

I think he meant FTW (for the win)

or maybe for the massive fukking win?

Mick
:huh:

#17 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:26 PM

Probably the easiest poll decision I've had to make (unless someone came up with a Hemispheres vs Presto poll)

#18 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_kChMmrEYik

#19 stoopid

stoopid

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1253 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

Poll is incomplete.

#20 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 18905 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

View Postapetersvt, on 10 September 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Probably the easiest poll decision I've had to make

Yes!

And I excised the Presto insult on purpose.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Love The Cat And The Duck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users